Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Very windy here late last night and very rainy, just saw the news report from Sheffield about the snow, it makes me so angry.Those people who were stranded with the two week old twins who were "getting uncomfortable in the back of the car and the milk had run out", are IRRESPONSIBLE, they are not newsworthy to be grinning all over the news.

• Like 2

Posted

Very windy here late last night and very rainy, just saw the news report from Sheffield about the snow, it makes me so angry.Those people who were stranded with the two week old twins who were "getting uncomfortable in the back of the car and the milk had run out", are IRRESPONSIBLE, they are not newsworthy to be grinning all over the news.

Same here, very windy in the night and we had half an inch of rain. Agree with you re the parents, the met office don't put warnings out for the sake of it!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Diddly squat here...wasn't expecting snow so not disappointed, just the usual bucket loads of rain and wind, so no surprise there!

Posted

Hi Jules that could be right, I can see a notification at 00:49 on my phone but can't tell if it was for the wind now, will assume it was then.

Still quite late notice, assume the wind strength did mean the low deepened a little more than first thought. It certainly got gusty.

Not a dig at METO, it's good to see 24x7 coverage.

Indeed nice to dispel a myth that Met O finishes work at 5pm which one poster on here commented a few years back!

Posted

NetWx-SR NMM model has a streamer across us for a few hours tomorrow

attachicon.gifviewimage.png

The GFS P had that a couple of days ago, be very nice if a proper streamer fired up

Some new warnings out for our area

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&regionName=se&fcTime=1419638400

Posted

After all the gales we had last winter I found more things in the pond this morning!full sized yukka with 18 inch ceramic pot,bucket of fish food,bird feeder,and the list goes on,must say the pond water is now blooming cold,still windy and 4c.

Posted

That band of showers across Norfolk and Suffolk is still heading towards London and southern counties, could be an eventful afternoon, the rain is turning to snow as it heads inland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

That band of showers across Norfolk and Suffolk is still heading towards London and southern counties, could be an eventful afternoon, the rain is turning to snow as it heads inland

I hope your right mate, but I'm not holding my breath!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

NW radar shows it being all sleet at the moment.. Seems to be heading directly before me, hope it doesn't fizzle out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Did anyone else get jack onions, snow wise last night? :smiliz19: Had 10 minutes of snow and thought, 'this is it', it has finally arrived after all this waiting! Unfortunately it was a blink and you'll miss it snow flurry. :smiliz39: The gales were something else though :smiliz23: they kept me up all night, could hear bins toppling, car alarms going off and my back garden being rearranged! :nonono: Sunny today and cold! 5.8c :cold: Hi Laurenmae :smiliz19:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 3

Posted

New to this forum so, hello! 

Very cold where I am currently (or atleast feels it!) Winds were very high this morning just like they were for many others (I see after reading the forum).

Seriously hoping for some snow! 

NW radar shows it being all sleet at the moment.. Seems to be heading directly before me, hope it doesn't fizzle out

Hopefully at least some sleet! If it seems to be directly heading for you then hopefully it'll hit rochester? :D 

Edited by laurenmae

Posted

Did anyone else get jack onions, snow wise last night? :smiliz19: Had 10 minutes of snow and thought, 'this is it', it has finally arrived after all this waiting! Unfortunately it was a blink and you'll miss it snow flurry. :smiliz39: The gales were something else though :smiliz23:they kept me up all night, could hear bins toppling, car alarms going off and my back garden being rearranged! :nonono: Sunny today and cold! 5.8c :cold:

we had zilch here in thanet as well, very dissapointing

Posted

Has anybody got that shower yet? east of Cambridge at present

Coold well hit Essex soon?

Should arrive here (M11 corridor) within the next 30 mins or so, DP's seem a little high at the moment but will let you know what falls.

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Sweet diddly here today, just cold  :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

That clump is getting bigger but PPN looks lighter. any reports yet? Must be into North Essex now.

SM not being around is not a good sign though.

sleet then....thanks.

• Like 1

Posted

Getting colder here, temp 2.1, DP 1.8.    Radar looking quite interesting, with showers forming in the wash.  Met office forecast has heavy snow for my location at 15:00 and light snow at 16:00.  Think there may be a few snow showers this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Yup its expanded quite a bit on its travel South, if the intensity could pep up just a bit we may be onto something here with the lower uppers coming in and a bit of evap cooling. Also had expected to see DP's drop close to 0c this afternoon and evening.