Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning

Cold and windy out there it seems.  Had some sleety/wet snow for a short while last night, rain much of the time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

There is a line of snow stretching from the North Sea down to west London, hope we get in on the action there as looks like it will snow all day

Too warm for snow and it is just a line of showers. You have more chance of meeting the real Santa than seeing snow all day.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A lot of rain and a lot of wind. But no snow to report here up in Great Yarmouth. To be expected though.

Posted

Let's hope for snow in January or feb

Doesn't seem that much of a cold spell to me, 4oc 5oc in the day is nothing compared to a few years ago when temps struggled to get above 0 oc in the day! If we are to get snow and proper cold in our region we need a proper easterly or North easterly blast!

Edited by clark3r

Posted

A short period of wet snow yesterday was as wintry as it got.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Not seen any flakes here, just rain and drizzle, very windy. All too marginal I guess.

I find it very strange that it has snowed in mid April, late November and even late October on similar set ups and uppers no higher that -5c in recent years, and yet no white stuff on 27th December.

Just a glance at Todays charts would make me think SNOW for many in the South East...And yet its raining again now outside.

Posted

Won the euro millions :yahoo:

£5.50 :smiliz39:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder, storms, frosts, summer heatwaves.

Too warm for snow and it is just a line of showers. You have more chance of meeting the real Santa than seeing snow all day.

Later in the day chances improve.  Met O forecasting wintry showers.  Uppers fall to -7 in east Kent so snow likely between 5pm and 10pm or whenever the showers die.

Posted

If anyone doubts METO working 24 hours a day. I notice the wind yellow be aware notification was timed at about 4am.

That said surprised this wasn't issued earlier. Perhaps the risk become more apparent after data run after midnight.

Posted

Just seen on the news a presenter say the weather presenters get excited when there is extreme weather what extreme with snow in December, many years ago it was a common occurance and having feet of snow seemed to happen quite often

• Like 1

Posted

If anyone doubts METO working 24 hours a day. I notice the wind yellow be aware notification was timed at about 4am.

That said surprised this wasn't issued earlier. Perhaps the risk become more apparent after data run after midnight.

I got notification from Met that it came out at 00.40, maybe they updated it at 4am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Such a shame that when the winds swing to a more NNE/NE'ly there will be very little in the way of a precipitation.

The hunt for a snow flake in these parts will continue way into FI now.

• Like 1

Posted

Just saw my first wet flakes mixed in with a heavy shower, mainly of rain but yes we have very wet flakes..

I bit sad really i know ,but i havent seen snow since March 13..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

another non-snow event for a lot of people in the south-east then,wind and rain for me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Well I don't know if we got any here or not. Lamps go out here too at midnight. I did here some icy rain on windows for a while and strong gusts of wind.. Woke to it looking pretty soggy out there and and part of the front fence down

Posted

I got notification from Met that it came out at 00.40, maybe they updated it at 4am

Hi Jules that could be right, I can see a notification at 00:49 on my phone but can't tell if it was for the wind now, will assume it was then.

Still quite late notice, assume the wind strength did mean the low deepened a little more than first thought. It certainly got gusty.

Not a dig at METO, it's good to see 24x7 coverage.

Posted

Looking back at the radar quite a few of you got some light snow, I had snow throughout from about midnight till 7 albeit light, if it snows here it can pretty much snow anywhere bar the S coast - but not in a million years it was going to settle with the ground sodden. :rofl:

post-19153-0-52851800-1419675942_thumb.j

Some showers coming off the North Sea mix of rain/sleet/snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Well in the end here all we got was sleet for about 2 minutes (which beats last year I suppose!)

The main problem here was the rain.....i'm flooded in today! (I was hoping to be snowed in lol)

Posted

A heavy looking blob just entered east Anglia and heading in the direction of London, rain atm but if that bumps into the cold air and turns to snow it could give a good covering

post-10605-0-95119800-1419677770_thumb.j