Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Okay I don't post in here much any more because of my own reasons but I will help you folks out. 

By midnight the warm sector would be over Kent, much of the northern half of this region will have air sourced from the NE. Precipitation that is currently sitting over Yorkshire will be rapidly pulled back down the country. As it does this, the colder, drier air will filter in and much of that precipitation will fizzle and break apart. 

However...

I have seen wrap around lows that come back down the country and pep up because of the North Sea, and I'm confident that this will be the case this time around as the North Sea is still pretty moisture laden and warm. By the early hours between 3-5am, I'm confident parts of Suffolk, Essex and Herts will see at least something. 

Edited by PerfectStorm
  • Like 8

Posted

Pushed through quicker and further North. It's not the forecasters or models fault of course. But frankly it never feels any of us have an exact handle on what's going on at a at extreme local level and I like that.

Posted

Okay I don't post in here much any more because of my own reasons but I will help you folks out. 

By midnight the warm sector would be over Kent, much of the northern half of this region will have air sourced from the NE. Precipitation that is currently sitting over Yorkshire will be rapidly pulled back down the country. As it does this, the colder, drier air will filter in and much of that precipitation will fizzle and break apart. 

However...

I have seen wrap around lows that come back down the country and pep up because of the North Sea, and I'm confident that this will be the case this time around as the North Sea is still pretty moisture laden and warm. By the early hours between 3-5am, I'm confident parts of Suffolk, Essex and Herts will see at least something. 

What he said.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Go to the Dunstable Downs, Just up the M1, South of Luton, they will have Snow!

I was toying between there and the north of Cambridgeshire apparently places like spalding and grantham have loads

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

I'm traveling to my parents in bury at Edmonds tomorrow, will there be any snow there?

Posted

I was toying between there and the north of Cambridgeshire apparently places like spalding and grantham have loads

Have a friend in Leicester and they have loads as well, roads are well covered there

Posted

However...

post-19153-0-92876700-1419633836_thumb.j

Quite true big positive anomalies in the words of Yamkin "high levels of energy".

Posted

As a checkpoint morning models and forecasts had said ppn Northern extent would have been circa Doncaster at 11pm but it's actually Middlesbrough. I make that about 65 miles?

This isn't moan, just interesting when METO themselves tweeted this morning increased confidence of a more Southernly track.

So it's where shift North, from where increased confidence of Southernly track happened we might perhaps learn. That said perhaps we won't ever enhance wide scale forecast beyond better than 50miles either way.

Edited by Hammer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Occasional sleet now here in mid-Suffolk. Temperature still stationary at 2.9C and dewpoint 1.9C

13.2mm of rain now this evening. If only it had all been snow!

Edited by suffolkboy_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Current temperatures.

Colder air making faster progress South and East now:

B50Y1O0IEAA461c.jpg

Where is that link Essex Weather, please?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Not sure if it works publicly, but try here

Temperatures still on the rise here in Chelmsford, up to 7.6C now. Looks like the last of the rain for a while.

Edited by essexweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Current temperatures.

Colder air making faster progress South and East now:

B50Y1O0IEAA461c.jpg

Do you think we might get some snow then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Go here, scroll around and zoom in and out on the map.

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat=51.476860658824506&lon=-0.44461327999999867&zoom=8&wxsn=1

Edited by suffolkboy_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Do you think we might get some snow then?

Unless as some have mentioned we get wrap-around effect as the low exits the SE corner.

Certainty a now-casting night rather then depending on models. Still hopeful of showers tomorrow with supportive 2m and dp's around. Coastal areas may struggle but head inland or gain any altitude and you never know!

Edited by essexweather

Posted

Temperature starting to fall quite rapidly now, from 3.6 to 2.9 in last 20 minutes, looks like sleet outside at the moment.

edit: 5 minutes later, down to 2.7

Edited by Hughsey
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Been pouring down all evening. Quite icy rain.

Posted

Can anyone tell me, the met has precipitation continuing here until 12 midday, but looking at the radar I just can't see where it is going to come from?  I see there is precipitation to the north, but it appears to be fizzling out quite rapidly.

Edited by Hughsey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Shame any potential interest now will be at silly o'clock and apart from perhaps being lucky enough to see the odd flake it's probably not worth the risk of staying up for nothing. ...I've done that in the past!

4*c lunchtime to 8*c at 11pm starting to drop now.

Would imagine Gusts & Ice to be a potential problem rather than Snow here.

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted

In the upcoming few hours temperatures will start to fall, I have set my alarm for 3:30. ;)

Latest fax chart still indicative of wintry showers off the north sea extending south into region 4am -2pm tomorrow

post-19153-0-53351000-1419639412_thumb.j