Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Gone exactly as I expected over the last few days. All quite predictable. Excitement over the potential only for nothing what so ever to happen. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I see no snow this winter.

Posted

Gone exactly as I expected over the last few days. All quite predictable. Excitement over the potential only for nothing what so ever to happen. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I see no snow this winter.

Another no snow this winter post because of one marginal event which hasn't even finished?

It's sometimes no surprise people give up with these regional threads...  :laugh:

• Like 3

Posted

Nice errr cat?

Well its not a dog it is a kitty cat :p

Not a huge fan of dogs after being "hauled" by one just passing through a caravan site alone aged 12 fortunately I jogged it and escaped in one piece, left with some bruises and bite marks, did shake me up.

post-19153-0-47641700-1419631089_thumb.j

See the resemblance?

Hmm nope but a close friend has that breed. :)

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

You do realise that technically winter only started 5 days ago?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Temperature now starting to drop, was 3.5C, an hour ago, now 2.9C , dew point 1.9C. No sign of anything sleety yet here.

What has been remarkable tonight is how heavy the rain has been and how gusty the winds are now! Quite a contrast to how calm it was this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Might get a few wintry showers coming off the north sea during the early hours towards morning into the early afternoon tomorrow, Im getting desperate now, haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

ha ha

Really .

All winter.

CMON

Really

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
I appreciate that I really do but after weather watching for years now only to be disappointed I have given up all hope.  yes we had an hour of snow (woopee) but now it is rain again and the temperature is rising rather than falling.  I don't see how that is going to change now unfortunately.  one hour of snow is just nowhere near sufficient for a winter worth of weather in my eyes.  our winters are definitely getting poorer.

Mmm... Granted last winter was a write off but prior to that every winter since 08/09 was better than many proceeding that.

I'm right near the south coast and we had a decent fall of snow in March 13 so might be worth hanging in there for a few weeks yet?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Hi all, anyone where the furthest south east the snow has started to fall as I'm looking at going on a random drive from kent to find some! Even if its a 2 hour drive! Any hills in the Chilterns had any yet? Where's highest point N or NW of london?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Forecasts chopping and changing! On wunderground for my location 2hrs ago it said snow for tomorrow morning then it said no snow now it says snow again lol

Posted

Hi all, anyone where the furthest south east the snow has started to fall as I'm looking at going on a random drive from kent to find some! Even if its a 2 hour drive! Any hills in the Chilterns had any yet? Where's highest point N or NW of london?

Its a long drive to the Pennines!

• Like 1

Posted

Parts of the midlands atm. Chilterns wont see snow until early morning. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Well its not a dog it is a kitty cat :p

Not a huge fan of dogs after being "hauled" by one just passing through a caravan site alone aged 12 fortunately I jogged it and escaped in one piece, left with some bruises and bite marks, did shake me up.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

See the resemblance?

Hmm nope but a close friend has that breed. :)

I feel your pain, I was attacked by a dog as well, but I couldnt run as it was on top of me in a house. It was a big American Akita but luckily I was able to keep its head away from mine but my hands and forearms didn't fair as well and I had to have a fair few stitches, I have nerve damage in my right hand and still have the scars to this day. I still love dogs though but it took time to be comfortable around them again, I have two cross breed GSP/English Pointers, and recently one of them broke my nose as they are very hyper when its play time. haha.

Currently 7.4c here, I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed with the recent updates, its a shame we struggle to get cold temperatures in our neck of the woods, my sister is currently in Switzerland visiting her husbands family, looks good for snow there right now.  

Posted

Another no snow this winter post because of one marginal event which hasn't even finished?

It's sometimes no surprise people give up with these regional threads...  :laugh:

It's probably based on how terrible the weather has been here. We barely had a single drop of snow all last winter. I didn't say WE WON'T GET ANYWAY. I said I'd honestly be surprised at this rate if we do because that's just typical of my luck (and I'm talking where I am, not for you guys)

But hey, continue with the over excitement, reading nonstop charts and enjoying it all. Not sure why one post like mine annoys you so much, wasn't intended to offend. Can people only with a positive outlook enter this thread?

Edited by JMTD

Posted

It's probably based on how terrible the weather has been here. We barely had a single drop of snow all last winter. I didn't say WE WON'T GET ANYWAY. I said I'd honestly be surprised at this rate if we do.

But hey, continue with the over excitement, reading nonstop charts and enjoying it all. Not sure why one post like mine annoys you so much.

None of us had any snow, but that was just one winter...

It doesn't annoy me, I just feel it's unnecessary to be so downhearted already. Reading nonstop charts? I probably haven't studied a chart in two years, but please, if you know me so well... :laugh:

Some areas of our region will see wet snow overnight, and that's miles better than anything we've had last winter already, and it's not even January yet. 

• Like 2

Posted

I feel your pain, I was attacked by a dog as well, but I couldnt run as it was on top of me in a house. It was a big American Akita but luckily I was able to keep its head away from mine but my hands and forearms didn't fair as well and I had to have a fair few stitches, I have nerve damage in my right hand and still have the scars to this day. I still love dogs though but it took time to be comfortable around them again, I have two cross breed GSP/English Pointers, and recently one of them broke my nose as they are very hyper when its play time. haha.

Currently 7.4c here, I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed with the recent updates, its a shame we struggle to get cold temperatures in our neck of the woods, my sister is currently in Switzerland visiting her husbands family, looks good for snow there right now.

Sad to hear that I was attacked by an Staffordshire Bull Terrier, the damage inflicted upon me was mostly superficial although I do have a few scars on my left lower leg, I just couldn't imagine if lets say that was a 5 year old. Couldn't bear thinking about it, well we had a family dog irish setter wonderful dog, very playful and loving died - 7 years ago. *sad face* Hated fireworks & loved tea strange really.

Posted

None of us had any snow, but that was just one winter...

It doesn't annoy me, I just feel it's unnecessary to be so downhearted already. Reading nonstop charts? I probably haven't studied a chart in two years, but please, if you know me so well... :laugh:

Some areas of our region will see wet snow overnight, and that's miles better than anything we've had last winter already, and it's not even January yet. 

Where I live I tend to have terrible luck when it comes to weather. I'm negative towards my own weather, not anybody elses. If anything I'd be positive about yours and everybody else, you'll probably see plenty while I get nothing  :p

Apologies if it came off wrong, it's tough to be positive when weather wise it's been poor for me for a couple of years.