Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

And a Merry Christmas to all.  Echoing Jason T, been a while......

Too busy :sorry:

Lovely day here, some cloud in the sky but temp above freezing.

Had a great view of the Space Station last night, lovely clear sky  --  boy does it move

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Frost was just on the roof areas and cars here, can see that now it is lighter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Sunny and cold here..

Merry Christmas everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Merry Christmas everyone, model forum guys are all sulking again, come on guys it's Christmas. Not often I say this but the met office has been spot on with their forecast this winter and looks like jan is going to start very mild.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Just had sprouts for breakfast.......yum! :lazy: I have identical  weather to last Christmas Day, sunny and calm, the only difference is that it is  colder this year! Last year was the calm after the big Christmas Eve storm that gave us thunder, lightning, gales, heavy rain and even hail! I hear the cold spell has died! After the weekend we have a  sinker bartlett steaming pile of poop high pressure! :cray: :smiliz39:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted

Trying to get motivated, it is not happening, may pop to the shop in a bit (yes our little local is open today, well normally is).

Frost has gone now.

Posted

Snow warning extended much futher south whole of East Anglia included...also North Essex 🎄🎄

post-19153-0-21618200-1419503308_thumb.j

An area of rain, sleet and snow is expected to spread eastwards across parts of Northern Ireland, England and Wales during Boxing Day before clearing during the evening and overnight. A lot of uncertainty surrounds how much snow will occur, but there is the risk of several centimetres even at low levels. As precipitation clears, roads could turn very icy.

The public should be aware of the potential for disruption from snow. Please watch for updates to this warning. especially if travelling.

A depression developing over the Atlantic Ocean is expected to track east then southeastwards across the southern half of Britain during Boxing Day. A spell of snow is likely, even to lower levels, on the northern flank of this depression. South of the depression centre, rain will fall, heavy at times.

There remains much more uncertainty than average regarding the track of this depression which in turn leads to uncertainty about the location of the heaviest precipitation and how much snow there will be. Where snow does occur accumulations of 2 to 4 cm are likely even to lower levels and in excess of 10 cm possible.

Surprises for some. Once again Merry Christmas on the day itself. :)

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

Merry Christmas everyone , I hope you all have a super day xxxxx

• Like 1

Posted

Think the "snow" warning for us is "wintry precip" only, so sleet to a short burst of snow at best (not poo pooing it, just being honest).

Posted

Think the "snow" warning for us is "wintry precip" only, so sleet to a short burst of snow at best (not poo pooing it, just being honest).

The Met Office forecast does say this, so I don't think anyone is expecting a wow show, and that's also why listed accumulations are fairly low.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

The Met Office forecast does say this, so I don't think anyone is expecting a wow show, and that's also why listed accumulations are fairly low.

Iv just watche a live bbc24 forecast and that's not what they said. They're uncertain and showed a lot of snow in the rain and that's at the warmest part of the day , it's gonna carry on into the night and once evaporative coolungb kicks in with sun down I'm quite optimistic of snow to low levels

Posted

Iv just watche a live bbc24 forecast and that's not what they said. They're uncertain and showed a lot of snow in the rain and that's at the warmest part of the day , it's gonna carry on into the night and once evaporative coolungb kicks in with sun down I'm quite optimistic of snow to low levels

I personally believe we'll see it to low levels, but the BBC forecast won't be completely accurate. In marginal situations like these, there's a lot of factors at play. I would say just wait and see.

Posted

For the SE Saturday is looking not bad do no expect accumulations bar uplands

post-19153-0-66358500-1419507529_thumb.jpost-19153-0-78838600-1419507549_thumb.jpost-19153-0-16660700-1419507580_thumb.j

Certainly not expect powder snow but there may be a mix of sleet/snow esp overnight or morning time

Also very gusty Blizzards up tops of skyscrapers for London. The viewing platform may be distorted. :p

Going back to tomorrow I haven't got the foggiest... neither does the METO by the sound of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

I personally believe we'll see it to low levels, but the BBC forecast won't be completely accurate. In marginal situations like these, there's a lot of factors at play. I would say just wait and see.

I`m with the pair of you. I mentioned "somewhere" else that I fancied an emergency warning could happen like 2010. When I say emergency that is a last minute forecast change, not a real emergency.

• Like 1

Posted

the forecast i saw a couple of hours ago with the woman wearing the red dress if that tells you the channel as i can't remember if it was sky or bbc, i thought was saying not much and only as far down the country as lincolnshire.

off to make some prawn cocktails and check the roast is doing ok :smiliz19: There's only me and southernman here today so a quiet day but i'm making a nice meal for us anyway, not a huge turkey, just one of those small roast things in a foil box, both just surfing the web this morning  and then will watch some tv we recorded a few days ago.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

It's coming........

attachicon.giflet it snow.jpg

....and so is Christmas, have a good one folks !!

post-10773-0-78211200-1419517764_thumb.j

....... It's getting nearer ⛄ï¸

post-10773-0-59366000-1419517809_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

1PM forecast apparently showed a lot of snaw over East Anglia according to an Welsh man

Moving on the big bird and roasties is in the oven many hours; most of the veg is prepped oh I do love honey glazed parsnips, now it's time for a little tipple, Cheers :drunk: pigs in blankets too? Yum. :)

Posted

certainly some interesting precip charts kicking about in the 0.5GFS breakdown on meteociel. Could be interesting, and somewhat unexpected, but equally we need more time to see the exact track of the low. One of these where even 10-15 miles in track difference could be the difference between the northern or southern edge of the centre. Things to get interested in...

Posted

hi  BBC  seems  to be getting worried  now seems  east/southeast could get a lot of the white stuff now tomorrow/night   so could first time lamp post watching  in between the drinking!!!

• Like 2

Hello all and Merry Christmas,

I wasn't sure where to ask this so hope its ok here.

Is there any chance of a hoar frost in the south east next week ?

Also, on the beeb weather site its showing 'some' snow graphics for parts of the south east / north of London tomorrow ?

cheers

Edited by mickeyb44

Posted

hi  BBC  seems  to be getting worried  now seems  east/southeast could get a lot of the white stuff now tomorrow/night   so could first time lamp post watching  in between the drinking!!!

as ever i am torn between really really wanting it to snow and be icy and seasonal, and worrying about southernman who is still workng late into the night in rural norfolk and driving back home through all those ungritted country roads.He is working boxing day tomorrow, its open ten till four, anyone crossing the reedham ferry tomorrow say hello to him. :smiliz19:

Posted

W COUNTRY Potential for some snow (likely small amounts, to 2cm) has been extended S for tomorrow to lie essentially #Bristol-M4 northwards

Guess what I'm north of the M4 by literally 1/2 miles - North London joining in the action? South London as marginal as you can get really but there is still cause for faint optimism. :)

Posted

Hmmm interesting (overused word of 2014) SM: https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/82079-model-output-discussion-the-final-stretch-to-christmas/page-66#entry3096988

12z 50 mile shift South compared to the 6z this edges ever so nearer to the SE - this is as knife edge as it gets, however the night is looking good for back edge snaw extensively across SE... as the low pulls away. Not seen the forecast but that is how I see it. Someone with more technical ability we need you. :help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Awaking from my gutbusting dinner and champagne stupor, I wish you all a great Christmas and healthy new year. Still quite sozzled and now trying to understand the latest prognosis for snow in the next few days... Certainly the paranoid schizophrenics in the mod thread lately haven't helped, apart from a handful of posters who really do know their stuff. Thanks go to them and I will keep lurking :-)