Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Just back from a walk into town and suprised at how much frost there still is, only gone in the sunshine, all the shaded spots are still covered.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Just back from a walk into town and suprised at how much frost there still is, only gone in the sunshine, all the shaded spots are still covered.

We are only a week away from when the sun's at its weakest- so doesn't surprise me- just wish we could have snow around this time of year for Christmas rather than Feb or March when the sun can melt it a lot quicker

Edited by Kentspur

Posted

We are only a week away from when the sun's at its weakest- so doesn't surprise me- just wish we could have snow around this time of year for Christmas rather than Feb or March when the sun can melt it a lot quicker

Technically we are not in winter yet in my books (that comes on the 21st), and stat wise we get a lot more snow and ice in Jan and Feb than Dec. Nice to see snow for the yule period but not common.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Technically we are not in winter yet in my books (that comes on the 21st), and stat wise we get a lot more snow and ice in Jan and Feb than Dec. Nice to see snow for the yule period but not common.

Purely for festive season reasons despite the usually mild wet weather I prefer to think of 1st December as winter rather than the middle of march where I'm beginning to look for some warmth;-) "the 100 year event"

November/Dec 2010 was epic if just a little too early but I'd take again over a snowy March.

Although as you say Jan/ Feb are the most likeliest months. For us in southeast we often get easterlies later towards spring which is frustrating!

Edited by Kentspur

Posted

Although air temp was only around 5c it felt surprisingly warm sitting in the sun at Chalkwell this pm. Warm enough for bride in off the shoulder wedding dress to have photos taken, with groom, on the beach. Didn't quite see the point of those taken with sun directly behind the couple!!!

Lack of wind made for a very pleasant walk along promenade.

• Like 1

Posted

Purely for festive season reasons despite the usually mild wet weather I prefer to think of 1st December as winter rather than the middle of march where I'm beginning to look for some warmth;-) "the 100 year event"

November/Dec 2010 was epic if just a little too early but I'd take again over a snowy March.

Although as you say Jan/ Feb are the most likeliest months. For us in southeast we often get easterlies later towards spring which is frustrating!

Well I work to the Pagan cycle anyway and lore has it that what you celebrate as xmas was two months later anyway, hence the higher chance of snow (not 100% on that info just what I think it right, and your welcome to correct me if wrong).

Posted

Just had to nip out and already getting rather cold and frosty, cars and paths already getting white.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Temperature dropping like a stone, 0c with frost forming. love December when its like this :).

Posted

Glad I do not have to drive in this for a few days.

Posted

Frost came in thick and fast early evening.

Feeling cold and temperature had dropped to -5.5°C just after Midnight but has been on the rise since and is currently at  -1.1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Frosty, sunny start here in Chelmsford, the temperature didn't fall as low as it could have considering there was an air frost by 6pm. Probably due to the increasing amounts of high cloud. Still some sunshine to start the day though.

Posted

Morning

Last nights frost was soon gone this morning and now 3.6oC in the garden shed, not such a bright day with high cloud already moving in.  Dry for now and calm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

what a frost overnight,easily the coldest night so far,its already better then last winters effort,had about 8 frosts already,now if we could only get a decent snowfall,it would be fantastic,need to get my eye and arm back in for snowball fights

Posted

4.0oC now there is a bit of a breeze.

Posted

5.8oC here and some sunny spells too.

Posted

Rain has arrived here now. And rather windy out too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

teasing myself by watching snowstorm,britains big freeze on sky