Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I'm really disappointed that we are not bearing the brunt of this storm. I do love a good storm!

All the usual caveats apply- of course people must stay safe :)

I'm rather glad, I hate these wind storms, think I'd be hiding under the stairs if I lived on the west side of Scotland tbh lol.

• Like 1

Posted

Ridiculously mild again at 9.1C. 18.8C in the unheated bedroom with the patio doors open onto the balcony (we don't use heating in here as I get a tad too warm). The trees are blowing about a bit; steady 10mph, gusting to 20mph I'd guess

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I'm rather glad, I hate these wind storms, think I'd be hiding under the stairs if I lived on the west side of Scotland tbh lol.

Had enough of those to last a few years, last winter! ! Bring on the snow storms this winter! But as Alpine Glow says, safety comes first!  Still calm here, with a  gentle breeze, the rain has stopped and it is mild! In fact the temperature is rising, now 11.4c!

Posted

GFS has been consistently going for a channel low - affecting SE England early Saturday. It has nudged a little further south. However there's a pocket of -6c uppers nestled over the far SE, more like it.

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?ech=84&code=0&mode=1

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?&ech=84&mode=2

IMHO if this continues to show we may be in business well some of us that is. :clap:

post-19153-0-37310200-1418166308_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

GFS has been consistently going for a channel low - affecting SE England early Saturday. It has nudged a little further south. However there's a pocket of -6c uppers nestled over the far SE, more like it.

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?ech=84&code=0&mode=1

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?&ech=84&mode=2

IMHO if this continues to show we may be in business well some of us that is. :clap:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Don't want to sound like the party pooper but the Snow signal shown is just South of the Uk. Once there precip moves out of the way we see cold air digging in, looks like it will turn dry by time this arrives. Hopefully it changes!!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Don't want to sound like the party pooper but the Snow signal shown is just South of the Uk. Once there precip moves out of the way we see cold air digging in, looks like it will turn dry by time this arrives. Hopefully it changes!!

Ditto! I was getting a little excited over them prospects, so had a look myself, unfortunately when the wind and rain is with us during Friday it looks too mild for anything wintery, by the time the temps drop the precip has cleared, heres hoping for some changes! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Ditto! I was getting a little excited over them prospects, so had a look myself, unfortunately when the wind and rain is with us during Friday it looks too mild for anything wintery, by the time the temps drop the precip has cleared, heres hoping for some changes!

Yep I keep checking too! Want it to happen but feel the Atlantic air will give us nothing but rain, small chance on the back edge but looks like cold air doesn't dig down until the system clears..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Rough night with strong winds and rain. It appears to have calmed down now though.

Posted

Latest forecast wind gusts for Friday Morning from the GFS(P)

51-289UK_zps139b5ef5.gif

In Knots :)

No way just looked it up, winds between 80 - 90 knots = 92 - 103 MPH. Don't want nothing like it. Better down grade.  Or are those upper winds. 

• Like 1

Posted

Today's weather very nice, a 12 mph breeze blowing. No gusts. Surprised as I was expecting some wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

No way just looked it up, winds between 80 - 90 knots = 92 - 103 MPH. Don't want nothing like it. Better down grade.  Or are those upper winds. 

Whoops my bad! I always think of knots as kmph for some reason! The translation in french is knots, but we know that's not right! lol Expect 50-60mph average gusts, maybe 70 on the coast  :) That is if the current charts continue this track

The forecast for my near me, Southend 

Friday 3am wind Gusts

Met Office 51mph

​MetCheck 56mph

XCWeather 59mph

Edited by Essex Easterly.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

theres blood all over the model thread. Please keep sharp objects away for a while

:laugh:

Sunny and mild, no jacket required outside! Hardly any rain last night and only a couple of strong gusts, otherwise nothing out of the ordinary! It looks like this one day mild, one day cold weather pattern, is going to last for the rest of December! We will be in the mild interlude over Christmas though! :(  We have to wait until the end of December for a proper, lengthy cold spell!

Posted

Temp up to 7.8 still nice and sunny with a slight breeze. 

Although there does seem to be some gusts around now occasionally, but nothing major, so maybe 25 - 30 mph.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

Is Friday morning the peak of the wind for us down south?? I take it thats the secondary low causing the winds for us ??

Posted

Is Friday morning the peak of the wind for us down south?? I take it thats the secondary low causing the winds for us ??

Yep it looks that way.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

I wonder if anyone might see a flake or two this Friday?

Last minute upgrade hopefully.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Lovely day in Essex with barely a cloud in the sky.

I can't see much of interest happening here with that system but hopefully if the winds materialise it'll at least be an interesting days weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Still feeling cold out (even if it is a degree or two higher), early light rain before first light soon went and remained dry AFAIK since.  Windy and looks like more to come in the next couple of days.

Posted

After about an hour or two of more gusty stuff back to a slight breeze again here, really thought there would be more wind about. Been a very nice day, feeling quite chilly now. temp 5.2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Interesting to see the long range MO Forecast is starting to hint at something more widespread for cold at the beginning of January.

Long way to go and all that but, for all the flack they get, if their seeing something on their "Super Computers" there could something of interest brewing!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

We spent much of the day in Sheringham - sunny until around 3.30 p.m., but cold in a stiff breeze.