Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible severe weather Friday 3rd October

andy989

Posted

Definitely is a slow progress! Looks like quite a bit of rain coming in 25-30mm quite widely with 40-50mm on western facing slopes, winds also a feature, could even set up a squall line as it pushes in.

A squall line would be nice. I  believe the fringe of the front has arrived for me now, rain is picking up. Those totals with a front as slow moving as this might cause some problems with the leaves blocking the drains 

Edited by andy989

Posted

It been a funny band really. Not constant rain as expected but when it's came on it's lasted for quite a bit (back on now) more rain today probably than the whole of september

Posted

What an exceptionally slow moving front - it seems to have got stuck 20 miles to our west e it has been raining for a good 8 hours solid, but  nothing here so far - very unusual, it looks like finally making it over the central fells in the next couple of hours - much later than first predicted, indeed nearly 12 hours later than the Met forecasts, can't quite remember such a slow moving front, not sure why it has stalled?

Edited by damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

What an exceptionally slow moving front - it seems to have got stuck 20 miles to our west e it has been raining for a good 8 hours solid, but  nothing here so far - very unusual, it looks like finally making it over the central fells in the next couple of hours - much later than first predicted, indeed nearly 12 hours later than the Met forecasts, can't quite remember such a slow moving front, not sure why it has stalled?

There are various waves running along it. This isn't your typical CF I don't think. If this develops a squall it could be very noteworthy in some places.

• Like 1

Posted

STILL not here yet. I was hoping it would move through overnight and be gone by the afternoon (as was originally forecast) - I have to go out tomorrow and I'm worried I'm going to get shafted now.  :angry:

The front doesn't look any weaker either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Well after a very wet night it's still raining! This is one slow moving front... Should clear in the next few hours, hopefully it won't take all day to see the sun break through!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Nice n calm here light rain certainly nothing severe here.

Posted

Raining here but not heavily, and not much more than a breeze, but then I wasn't expecting London to get hit very hard with this. Perfect weather for a nice quiet walk in the park :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Raining here but not heavily, and not much more than a breeze, but then I wasn't expecting London to get hit very hard with this. Perfect weather for a nice quiet walk in the park :)

The possible severe weather wasn't very severe here either! Just a bit of rain, still way too damp for a walk in the park though, plus the parks around here are full of weirdos!

Edited by lassie23

Posted

As suspected, leaves and twigs blocked some drains on the road here leading to minor flooding on the road. However now that it has passed, sun is out and took the dog for a walk, in my T-shirt. Still pleasant in the sun although the breeze is fresher. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Just had a light shower here, some nice shower cloud formations over the hills...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Feels much cooler here now, temperature dropped to 10.8c :cold: