Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible severe weather Friday 3rd October

andy989

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I'm hoping it is just part of the normal transition into autumn that takes place every year and will eventually be replaced by a more wintry weather pattern by the middle of November! A repeat of last winter would be a disaster!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Looks like it's going to continue to be pretty unsettled right into next week. I'm escaping back France on Monday, but I think the rain will eventually catch me up even in Dijon, and northern France looks grim! I for one hope this is an isolated early Autumn event and that we don't have anything like a repeat of last year...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Certainly a change to more typical weather for the time of year, nothing unusual for October but it'll be a big shock to the system after such a long a settled period of weather. Autumn has landed! About time... :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

BBC says severe gales of up to 70mph from the weather front with heavy rain. I hope this isn't the first of many, like last winter. Thoughts? 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/29453459

One of the things that concerned me last year was the quiet hurricane season, which led to a very energetic jet stream and stormy period of weather. For me, the parallels are there insofar that we've seen another very quiet hurricane season and there'll be a lot of energy left to be ejected from the Atlantic.

Will be interesting to see if the same happens again this year and what impact the forecast El Nino will have also.

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

BBC says severe gales of up to 70mph from the weather front with heavy rain. I hope this isn't the first of many, like last winter. Thoughts? 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/29453459

Bring it on, I just wish is was further south! 

Non one wants anyone to be hurt but I love weather extremes, of course love a sunny summer with the occasional thunderstorm.....But it's Autumn now so bring on the gales/storms.... 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Bring it on, I just wish is was further south! 

Non one wants anyone to be hurt but I love weather extremes, of course love a sunny summer with the occasional thunderstorm.....But it's Autumn now so bring on the gales/storms.... 

Didn't your area take a hammering last winter, must have been pretty unpleasant!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

its been so long since we've had proper heavy frontal rain, even though it was raining a few days ago.

Posted

Wind freshening up here, lovely sunset though after a sunny but cooler day.  Monday morning looks interesting as well with severe gales possible up the western side of the UK along with further very heavy rainfall - Could be worse than Friday/Saturday. The leaves will be torn off the trees, blocking drains etc causing flooding issues!

post-9615-0-95071200-1412273919_thumb.gipost-9615-0-34019900-1412273972_thumb.gi

Edited by Liam J
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Nothing really of note for down here breezy yes guess i'll have to move north.

Posted

Very strong winds on the way this evening,

9pm Thursday

Average wind speeds ranging from 40 to 45mph across the West,

post-6686-0-97176500-1412274034_thumb.pn

And the gusts will be around 55 to 65mph in those areas as well,

post-6686-0-70524900-1412274087_thumb.pn

There's also a heavy band of rain moving in it hasn't reached us yet but its gaining strength,

post-6686-0-02992900-1412274148_thumb.pn

12am to 3am Friday

The strong winds will start to move inland over Ireland and Scotland at 12am on Friday bringing 50 to 60mph gusts but 70mph is possible over higher ground,

post-6686-0-62869000-1412274289_thumb.pn

The heavy band of rain is just behind the worst of the winds at 12am the Western coasts will start seeing rain and by 3am it will start moving inland over Ireland and Scotland,

post-6686-0-96425800-1412274362_thumb.pn

6am Friday

Southern Scotland and Northern England still see gusts ranging from 40 to 50mph,

post-6686-0-47032400-1412274479_thumb.pn

The heavy band of rain weakens by the time it covers the Northern half of the UK,

post-6686-0-21722600-1412274562_thumb.pn

3am Saturday

But it looks to gain strength again in the early hours of Saturday morning something to keep a watch on,

post-6686-0-81925900-1412274639_thumb.pn

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Winds already strong here can hear it howling outside, must be around 35-40mph gusts. Not anything noteworthy I suppose.

Edited by Ross Andrew Hemphill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Very windy here too. Can hear it starting to roar outside although airport only reporting 24mph winds, must be more where I am because of the elevation. I certainly look nicely sandwiched within the heaviest of the rain tomorrow though. Will report anything interesting as always.

Posted

That looks like some front....

ukprec.png

Indeed, A lot of leaves will be blown off the trees and when that happens here they tend to block the drains. 

Posted

Wind freshening up here, lovely sunset though after a sunny but cooler day.  Monday morning looks interesting as well with severe gales possible up the western side of the UK along with further very heavy rainfall - Could be worse than Friday/Saturday. The leaves will be torn off the trees, blocking drains etc causing flooding issues!

attachicon.gif6th.gifattachicon.gif6thrain.gif

We have a little stream that runs under the drive and it clogs up this time of year due to the leaves. Which causes it to overflow onto the drive/road whenever the first bout of heavy rain for the season comes. We try to keep on top of unblocking it but in most cases the leaves end up there during the storm/front/LP. 

• Like 1

Posted

The front seems to linger/stall with some intense rain over Wales through Friday evening.

Posted

Very windy here too. Can hear it starting to roar outside although airport only reporting 24mph winds, must be more where I am because of the elevation. I certainly look nicely sandwiched within the heaviest of the rain tomorrow though. Will report anything interesting as always.

Certainly looks to be an interesting front. Are the winds on the increase there? Also, I see speak of convective possibility with this front over on the Storm/Convective thread, I hope so. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Certainly looks to be an interesting front. Are the winds on the increase there? Also, I see speak of convective possibility with this front over on the Storm/Convective thread, I hope so. 

They are slowly on the increase. Can hear the wind loud outside now. Hopefully, yes - with Tuesday looking like an interesting thundery day as it stands at the moment :)

• Like 1

Posted

Gusty morning here with gusts around 40mph and a lot more leaves coming down. Dry atm, the front is quite slow moving and currently lying through Scotland and Ireland. Looks like intensifying later as a wave develops along the front resulting in some potentially high rainfall totals leading to surface water flooding. Much cooler air behind the front which will be a big shock!

post-9615-0-76545000-1412323219_thumb.pnpost-9615-0-60287400-1412323815_thumb.pnpost-9615-0-50169900-1412323872_thumb.pn

post-9615-0-30874800-1412324830_thumb.pn

Edited by Liam J
  • Like 1