Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Chase 2015 - Which Tour Are You On?

Ben Passmore

Posted

Will try to explain the situation again for the early arrivals.

Netweather will be around the DFW Area on the 30th May anyway so will swing by the hotel before checking out time.

Please do NOT book anything for the 30th May though for obvious reasons

Cheers

Posted

Ian

If that's the Holiday Inn on the DIA Complex then no problems at all, will be able to pick you up from there if we are in a different hotel, DIA Airport is amazing for getting around unlike DFW

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Tried fixing that post for you Paul :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: want to find thunder-snow

Hey Paul ,booking my flights for tour 4 this week. Planning on flying into Denver a day early, so the 11th. Will probably book into the Holiday Inn for the 11th then too. Unless you've changed where you usually meet ?

I'm flying in on the 11th too, so will look at the holiday Inn as well. Flying out of Heathrow on the 15:45

Chris

Posted

I'm flying in on the 11th too, so will look at the holiday Inn as well. Flying out of Heathrow on the 15:45

Chris

EDIT...not at those prices! $197 I don't think so!

I've already got a room reserved at microtel inn and days inn so I'll make a choice nearer the time. Although both have really mixed reviews on tripadvisor

Edited by Chris Sargent

Posted

Never had any problems with any Hotels in and around the Denver area, so don't worry too much about the ratings on trip advisor, most of them are probably pi$$y because they had a long journey etc.

Wherever you guys will be we will pick you up, most of the Hotels are at the Airport complex or in Aurora which is the next settlement along from DIA.

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wild Thunderstorns

Only a few weeks left to go now. I know I can't wait and I'm all ready to go.

• Like 3

Posted

I think I might watch Twister tonight, been a while :p

• Like 2

Posted

We've been getting our own late storm season this week in Sydney.  The week started off with an East Coast Low (which is basically a pseudo cyclone but colder) and then yesterday a massive hail storm:  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3054996/When-day-turned-WHITE-Blue-Mountains-Sydney-hit-giant-hail-storm-turns-streets-icy.html

Now we are being warned that the models are showing another ECL developing mid week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wild Thunderstorns

I think I might watch Twister tonight, been a while :p

I watched that just the other night too also been watching storm chasers on you tube. Do hope we get to see Sean casey and reed timmer when we are over there. Love to see the TIV n dominator

Posted

So guys less then 4 weeks to my tour... Just getting my stuff sorted out .... What's peoples opinions on taking tripods for cameras ?

Posted

So guys less then 4 weeks to my tour... Just getting my stuff sorted out .... What's peoples opinions on taking tripods for cameras ?

Hi Thomas

To get the best from your shots you will need a tripod especially if taking lightning shots, As hand held will show up as bluring on the image, longer the exposure worse the blur

If you already have one it will need to go in your suitcase ,

If you don't wait until you get to usa as they are usally cheaper to buy out there, either from wally-world(Walmart) or Best-Buy :)

Posted

Hi Thomas

To get the best from your shots you will need a tripod especially if taking lightning shots, As hand held will show up as bluring on the image, longer the exposure worse the blur

If you don't wait until you get to usa as they are usally cheaper to buy out there, either from wally-world(Walmart) or Best-Buy :)

Hi Thomas

I bought a really cheap one from Walmart in 2013 - so cheap that I left in there when flying back home. This year I'll be taken my own tripod and also a monopod as well as a window mount tripod for video

Chris

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

I used to buy one each year at Walmart and leave it in the car when I fly home.  But last year I bought one of these - 

http://www.7dayshop.com/camera-tripods-monpods-accessories/7dayshop-tripods-travel-pro-tripod-for-professional-photo-video-use-includes-case

Lightweight, very small when collapsed, and quick to set up, a half decent ball head too, though I replaced it with a more controllable one that has the spirit bubble in the right place to ensure level shots.

Posted

Might be useful info for car hire here regarding driving licence changes...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32481382

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

Cheers Nick, we were talking about this yesterday.  And expecting a total break down in the system...

Posted

Cheers Nick, we were talking about this yesterday.  And expecting a total break down in the system...

Guaranteed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoes

Hi I'm Madeleine,live in london but from Somerset,me and my sister holly going on tour 1 next week,who else is tour 1.we are flying early from Heathrow on the 8th may.heres my number if anyone from tour 1 wants to meet up for a chat at airport,it's better to text me.my number is 07445220258 you can call me mads.

Posted

EDIT...not at those prices! $197 I don't think so!

I've already got a room reserved at microtel inn and days inn so I'll make a choice nearer the time. Although both have really mixed reviews on tripadvisor

Me and Ashley Nelis went with the Days Inn as it's only 60 quid at the moment. Pretty much next door to the Holiday Inn so we won't have much hassle on the 12th.

Posted

Me and Ashley Nelis went with the Days Inn as it's only 60 quid at the moment. Pretty much next door to the Holiday Inn so we won't have much hassle on the 12th.

Great thanks. I'll cancel the microtel inn then and hopefully see you at Days Inn. Are you flying from Heathrow on the 1545 BA219?

Posted

Hi guys / girls,

I'm on tour 3 just wondering when We should get the final infomation on meeting points / times etc

Thanks Tom