Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Chase 2015 - Which Tour Are You On?

Ben Passmore

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

Hello Guys!

I would just like to post a few pictures to get you in the mood!

I will not be chasing this year but I am excited for the newbies as I know how they will be feeling!

post-1325-0-88661800-1425887062_thumb.jp - Last years lightning barrage, stood outside a little too long but the pictures where worth it!

post-1325-0-66556400-1425887069_thumb.jp - The car in the middle was the local news interviewing Mr Vicary! the bar was lively that night when it came on TV!

post-1325-0-74877800-1425887075_thumb.jp - another from the lightning barrage 

post-1325-0-45908200-1425887079_thumb.jp - Super 8 motel across the road from where we where staying in Carlsbad, NM. oh and it was 3am!

post-1325-0-83898800-1425887081_thumb.jp - I am sure Paul will forrect me if i am wrong but i think this storm produced a rope tornado that we all saw but no one had a lens big enough to zoom in than our own Mr Finney...we where the only team to catch this?

post-1325-0-89182000-1425887086_thumb.jp - Patricia TX? registered as a tube on SPC?

post-1325-0-87380500-1425887093_thumb.jp - Cannot remember where it was! I tend to rely on Paul for that! But it shows you what you can be presented with! all i remember about the location was the Italians still stood there as we got out of there sharpish!

post-1325-0-86155000-1425887098_thumb.jp - once again - no Idea where it was! but Lightning photography at night is so addictive!

post-1325-0-89186600-1425887143_thumb.jp - Part of the amazing tour of 2013!  Anyone spot the Nado? This tube later went over the TIV when it was stuck in a ditch!

post-1325-0-95196700-1425887151_thumb.jp -  Kansas - Near a Church

post-1325-0-47354800-1425887161_thumb.jp - probably my favourite picture! Nebraska, Broken Bow Supercell.  look closely you can see the hail that was falling at the same time! 

post-1325-0-85712400-1425887172_thumb.jp - From what i can remember, this storm dropped grapefruit size hail according to reports? we did find some but nly golf ball size!

well those are some of my favourites!  I lost all of my 2012 photos so i cannot post any of them!

Get redy for the ride of your life! its addictive once you have been once so get ready for spending all available funds on chasing!!!

have a great time

Gee

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wild Thunderstorns

Awesome photos mate. making me more n more excited

Edited by AndyR

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

So it's the Best Western in Irving that people head to for the first night then? Gonna go ahead and book it.

Posted

So it's the Best Western in Irving that people head to for the first night then? Gonna go ahead and book it.

yeah!

4110 West airport freeway

Irving

TX

you can get a free shuttle from the airport!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Hello Guys!

I would just like to post a few pictures to get you in the mood!

I will not be chasing this year but I am excited for the newbies as I know how they will be feeling!

attachicon.gifDSC_4303.jpg - Last years lightning barrage, stood outside a little too long but the pictures where worth it!

attachicon.gifinterviewlane.jpg - The car in the middle was the local news interviewing Mr Vicary! the bar was lively that night when it came on TV!

attachicon.giflonelystrike.jpg - another from the lightning barrage 

attachicon.gifsuper8.jpg - Super 8 motel across the road from where we where staying in Carlsbad, NM. oh and it was 3am!

attachicon.gifcake.jpg - I am sure Paul will forrect me if i am wrong but i think this storm produced a rope tornado that we all saw but no one had a lens big enough to zoom in than our own Mr Finney...we where the only team to catch this?

attachicon.gifdarkfild.jpg - Patricia TX? registered as a tube on SPC?

attachicon.gifshelf.jpg - Cannot remember where it was! I tend to rely on Paul for that! But it shows you what you can be presented with! all i remember about the location was the Italians still stood there as we got out of there sharpish!

attachicon.gifwetfield.jpg - once again - no Idea where it was! but Lightning photography at night is so addictive!

attachicon.gifcountyroad.jpg - Part of the amazing tour of 2013!  Anyone spot the Nado? This tube later went over the TIV when it was stuck in a ditch!

attachicon.gifkansas2.jpg -  Kansas - Near a Church

attachicon.gifMothershipfull.jpg - probably my favourite picture! Nebraska, Broken Bow Supercell.  look closely you can see the hail that was falling at the same time! 

attachicon.gifSleepers2.jpg - From what i can remember, this storm dropped grapefruit size hail according to reports? we did find some but nly golf ball size!

well those are some of my favourites!  I lost all of my 2012 photos so i cannot post any of them!

Get redy for the ride of your life! its addictive once you have been once so get ready for spending all available funds on chasing!!!

have a great time

Gee

Brilliant photos G 

Posted

Transport to Heathrow booked, and Best Western Irving booked! Although I am still not at all confident I'll be there on the 18th with my very close connection time!

Posted

Transport to Heathrow booked, and Best Western Irving booked! Although I am still not at all confident I'll be there on the 18th with my very close connection time!

What flight are you on ?

Posted

What flight are you on ?

UA959 Heathrow to Chicago at 15.20, landing there at 18:25. Then UA765 to Dallas at 19:46. Thankfully it's not the last flight of the day to Dallas.

Posted

UA959 Heathrow to Chicago at 15.20, landing there at 18:25. Then UA765 to Dallas at 19:46. Thankfully it's not the last flight of the day to Dallas.

Hopefully you should make the connection then in time. Do hope they are both in the same terminal. My flight departs 5 mins before yours. AA79. Arrives at DFW at 1915

Posted

Hopefully you should make the connection then in time. Do hope they are both in the same terminal. My flight departs 5 mins before yours. AA79. Arrives at DFW at 1915

Sadly not, got to go through immigration and go across the airport. If I miss it I miss it, I'll just have to run. I've spoke to United over Twitter and they said I'd be put on the next available flight.

Posted

Sadly not, got to go through immigration and go across the airport. If I miss it I miss it, I'll just have to run. I've spoke to United over Twitter and they said I'd be put on the next available flight.

Well good luck mate. You should make it in time. Fingers crossed for ya

Posted

Well good luck mate. You should make it in time. Fingers crossed for ya

Cheers :) 

I remember having a close connection when I went to Oklahoma via Atlanta, raced through the airport, whizzed through immigration, at the gate with plenty of time...and then the flight was delayed for 2 hours because of storms anyway :laugh: But we got an absolutely breathtaking view of a very active storm at eye level in the dark when we finally got in the air, it was incredible.

Posted

I remember having a close connection when I went to Oklahoma via Atlanta, raced through the airport, whizzed through immigration, at the gate with plenty of time...and then the flight was delayed for 2 hours because of storms anyway :laugh: But we got an absolutely breathtaking view of a very active storm at eye level in the dark when we finally got in the air, it was incredible.

Back in 2006 I had the same kind of situation when I flew back from Omaha to Newark. My flight was delayed due to storms. When I got to Newark. I had to run to catch my connection to Gatwick. I was the last person to board n the flight waited for me which was nice but the storms over Omaha was amazing and looking down on them while flying was something I will never forget. Edited by AndyR

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: want to find thunder-snow

ENSO Transition El Nino

=

tornado outbreaks over Texas panhandle in early June

so fly into Denver and drive to TX!!

Posted

So I see MS Streets & trips goes EOL in the middle of this year, a popular package used by the team, are you switching to something new?

Where MS comment "We encourage everyone to check out http://www.bing.com/maps online or via their PC and Windows Phone 8.1 by downloading the Bing Maps app. "

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Brilliant photos G 

AH thanks tom!

Posted

ENSO Transition El Nino

=

tornado outbreaks over Texas panhandle in early June

so fly into Denver and drive to TX!!

Dont believe everything that comes out of the Strimmers Mouth Chris.

There will be plenty of High Plains chasing to be had in June

Posted

This was taken in Brighton on Friday 13th

post-20731-0-20158300-1426423949_thumb.j

Posted

Got the dates of the tours wrong though! Oops.

Posted

When will we be receiving payment info? :)

Edited by Nick L

Posted

It's all going out to everyone this week :)