Sign in to follow this  
Stormyking

Favourite Alcoholic Drink

Right then peeps, im sure alot of people likes a good alcoholic beverage and was wandering what everyone likes or isnt keen on :)

Me I am very much a lagar head, love a nice few beers on a friday and saturday night chilled, or a few pints out. If its a night out to a club or something I love JD and coke and also desperados is nice too.

I prefer a good decent ale but so few places serve it or know how to keep it so drink lager when out (steam rallies and beer fests aside, then I go for the good stuff).

Peaty single malt lagavulin,

captain morgans dark rum

tribute 

proper job

any local somerset cider

cornish rattler draught drank in cornwall

healeys oak aged cider

hic snore :oops:

Red wine.

Love earthy southwestern french, corbieres, minervois, roussillon, rhone,

Im a bottle a day man. Probably kill me but hey, we cant live forever.

Red wine.

Red wine is good for you, maybe not a bottle a day though! :laugh:

Forgot to say i also like a cold Necastle brown ale and the odd koppernburg cider too, preferably the berry flavour

Red wine.

So that explains it  :rofl:

oooh love wine, not had any in ages though, did have a beer fest on locally not so long ago and that was fun.

I can drink White, But Red really stains my teeth so tend to keep clear.

Single malt by choice, but usually have a bottle of red wine a night because I can afford that!

I only like real ale but will drink fizzy cider, though prefer the real stuff.

Champagne is to wine what lager is to beer and Ik*a is to furniture :p

As I still have my student habits, whatever is cheapest in the particular bar that I'm in.

I am a real ale drinker mostly, (I also like red wine). I really like to browse the supermarket shelves for some unusual beers and also hoping to go to Belgium at the end of the year :)

Red Wine. Too much of it to be honest so now I restrict myself to weekends (Wed to Sun).

Drank enough Guinness to kill several elephants when I used to go to away games, so I don't really do beer of any kind now.

My homebrew  - not kits or owt daft like that - I'm an expert with 30 years experience and brew only from malted barley and the best hops. A 'full masher'. Beats the crap out of anything you can buy, at about a tenth of the cost. Only yesterday made a coffee stout and already the smell is to die for. Really looking forward to that one... My favourite commercial brew ( I can't take my own with me) is Ruddles County.

Red wine.

I know just what you mean, not so sure about the Rhone but our place in France is surrounded by these others - in addition there are the St Chinian, Fitou and Faugieres to look out for - over the past 20 off years I have seen the wines of this region develop from an ordinary vin de table into really something quite drinkable.

When we leave in just over 3 weeks time I will pick up a few 5 litre boxes of Merlot from the local co-operative at 11€45 each :D

What I drink depends on the situation and mood - for a whiskey I like Jameson's Irish - it is so smooth, then if I go for a brandy, I favour the Armagnac - I don't drink much beer these days but in my younger days I used to quaff bitter ales and at one time went through a Guinness stage but now an occasional Stella or 1664 suites me.

For special occasions I do like Champagne but tend to slum it a little here by popping over the border to get Cava and mix it with a 'Crème de Cassis' to make a 'Kir Royale' - you don't notice the difference then.

Rose? Seem to be quite popular nowadays, half way house option - nice Portugese one courtesy Waitrose (maybe other shops?) is quite palatable, not absolutely bone dry but certainly not overly sweet either.

Anyone like a half decent Reisling?

The 'Rosés of Languedoc are very good as well.

Red wine is good for you, maybe not a bottle a day though! :laugh:

There is one theory that says alcohol kills brain cells but at the same time I also believe in the survival of the fittest theory :drinks:  :good:

White wine lovers..... go to ASDA and get 10 litres of their pure pressed grape juice and 3Kg of white sugar. Dissolve the sugar in as little boiling water as you can get away with, then tip this and the grape juice into a five-gallon bucket and top up with cold water to 4 gallons. Add 4tsp citric acid and 4tsp yeast nutrient and a packet of Gervin all-purpose yeast. Fit lid and airlock and leave alone for a week to ten days. Add 2 crushed Campden tablets, 2tsp wine stabiliser and 30 saccharin tablets. Remove dissolved CO2 ( whilst chuckling quietly to youself about AGW) by tipping the contents of bucket to another. Repeat about a dozen times.  Add two-part wine finings then refit lid and airlock. Bottle about one week later, when it will be star-bright. This comes out at around 12% vol and works out at around 50p a bottle all-in. I make it regularly for the missus and she absolutely loves it - reckons all shop-bought stuff is inferior. No, seriously...

Never really been a wine drinker, but of white or red, I prefer the red for sure but only ever have wine at christmas time, other than that its beer all the way, i do also love a guiness draught too!

I don't really drink now but when I did years ago (before having a family) I used to enjoy a bottle of Bulgarian red, usually Sauvignon. I love a few Murphy's at Christmas and new year. Would love to brew my own red and stout but not sure whether I'd drink it all. May be just a waste.....maybe in a few years time.

Edited by simshady

... stout but not sure whether I'd drink it all. May be just a waste.....maybe in a few years time.

Quite a few mentions of Guinness/stout on here and y'know, it is by far and away the easiest of beer types to make ( all to do with not having to worry so much about water pH ). Y'all ought to take up the hobby - it's utterly fascinating as well as having a very enjoyable end result! Kits are a good introduction but will never match properly made stuff - but that needs a lot of research before venturing into.

I know just what you mean, not so sure about the Rhone but our place in France is surrounded by these others - in addition there are the St Chinian, Fitou and Faugieres to look out for - over the past 20 off years I have seen the wines of this region develop from an ordinary vin de table into really something quite drinkable.

When we leave in just over 3 weeks time I will pick up a few 5 litre boxes of Merlot from the local co-operative at 11€45 each :D

What I drink depends on the situation and mood - for a whiskey I like Jameson's Irish - it is so smooth, then if I go for a brandy, I favour the Armagnac - I don't drink much beer these days but in my younger days I used to quaff bitter ales and at one time went through a Guinness stage but now an occasional Stella or 1664 suites me.

For special occasions I do like Champagne but tend to slum it a little here by popping over the border to get Cava and mix it with a 'Crème de Cassis' to make a 'Kir Royale' - you don't notice the difference then.

I love the Fitou reds, but I've been smitten with Picpoul for years. The name comes from the very acidic grape variety from which it is made and literally means "lip stinger"! The end result wine is anything but. I like my dry Muscat too. There are some hidden gems of French wines - I'm always trying new ones and I rarely pay over €4 and often as little as €2,50. My best find has been Gaillac, gorgeous and only €2,90 and that's in my local shop...

Ah yes, Kir Royale. As you know I work quite a bit in Dijon, and Cassis is the local speciality. The town's artificial lake is called Lac Kir (no it's not full of the stuff!). I love a Kir or Kir Royale and always associate the Royale with hot humid evenings and nights sitting outside little bars - I'm back in Dijon on Monday so I may be indulging whatever the temperature...

Oh stop it, it's too early in  the day to even think about wine...but you know what they say of you need the excuse - it's 6 o'clock somewhere!

Edited by Spikecollie