Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cyclonic happiness

World War 3

Now I don't want the mods to delete this thread, this possibility has been creeping closer and closer over the past few years and I think we can all feel it, no matter how much we try to rationalise it.

The truth is, there are plenty of nutter on the earth who would be willing and happy to press that big red button, and with Putin bringing up the threat of nuclear war "if Russia is threatened" we need to seriously contemplate this.

I don't know about anyone else, but this is the most nervous I've felt about nuclear war since we had to sit and watch those god awful 'protect and survive' videos in the 70s/80s.

I feel now is the time that we should be allowed to talk about this.....

It may not even be nuclear weapons they have to use, there are probably more imaginative ways to kill people now, ways we don't yet know about?

Looking on the positive side at least Putin has only threatened to nuke Ukraine with small nuclear weapons today. :crazy: 

"Russia Has Threatened Nuclear Attack, Says Ukraine Defence Minister"

http://www.newsweek.com/russia-has-threatened-nuclear-attack-says-ukraine-defence-minister-267842

Funsized nukes! :crazy:

Good old 'Gobbychops' thank god for leaders like him!

Gobby chops :rofl: was that a map on his head? :unknw:

It may not even be nuclear weapons they have to use, there are probably more imaginative ways to kill people now, ways we don't yet know about?

Well, ISIS are reputed to be threatening to release stocks of bubonic plague virus, apparently.

Well, ISIS are reputed to be threatening to release stocks of bubonic plague virus, apparently.

Be just our luck to get everything at once. Isis seems like a bit of a distraction story tbh. There's next to nothing about the most violent and evil nation (historically) on earth, being on the march, and everything about a 'small' threat from isis.

The USA is staying well out of Europe and Russia's troubles because they know that this time it's not a game.

Funsized nukes! :crazy:

Gobby chops :rofl: was that a map on his head? :unknw:

We used to say it was the hammer and sickle like the Soviet flag, spitting image picked up on that too :-D 

Be just our luck to get everything at once. Isis seems like a bit of a distraction story tbh. There's next to nothing about the most violent and evil nation (historically) on earth, being on the march, and everything about a 'small' threat from isis.

The USA is staying well out of Europe and Russia's troubles because they know that this time it's not a game.

We used to say it was the hammer and sickle like the Soviet flag, spitting image picked up on that too :-D 

Evil most violent nation in history? would that not be Germany r Israel r Genghis khan and Mongolia their killed 11 percent of the earth at the time no one has come close to that.

The EU tried to grab Ukraine when from the beginning everyone said east Ukraine rejects EU it will settle down with east going to Russia and west Ukraine to their beloved EU till then their will have a cat fight, then the dust settles their will be no world war 3 Let alone EU v Russia (Winter is coming EU needs gas)

As putin him self said if he wanted to he could be in Kiev in 2 weeks

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/09/01/putin-russia-kiev-ukraine_n_5747362.html

He is not dumb, In fact far more intelligent then the EU and r leaders who r running scared of him, He knows how far he can push it. East Ukraine If it was chess it would be Check mate

putin is a gloomy dwarf with breasts.

Breasts are dangerous, just look at Merkel

Evil most violent nation in history? would that not be Germany r Israel r Genghis khan and Mongolia their killed 11 percent of the earth at the time no one has come close to that.

The EU tried to grab Ukraine when from the beginning everyone said east Ukraine rejects EU it will settle down with east going to Russia and west Ukraine to their beloved EU till then their will have a cat fight, then the dust settles their will be no world war 3 Let alone EU v Russia (Winter is coming EU needs gas)

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/09/01/putin-russia-kiev-ukraine_n_5747362.html

He is not dumb, In fact far more intelligent then the EU and r leaders who r running scared of him, He knows how far he can push it. East Ukraine If it was chess it would be Check mate

But if he's cleverer then it only take one stupid leader of the EU to push him too far....one person got shot in WW1 and how many millions died as a result of the deck of cards falling?

Breasts are dangerous, just look at Merkel

But if he's cleverer then it only take one stupid leader of the EU to push him too far....one person got shot in WW1 and how many millions died as a result of the deck of cards falling?

The EU has no army, No one would go to fight for the EU 

Again pointless that is NATO again nothing to do with Ukraine and East Ukraine that is as far as this will go, All the EU does is shout and scream after causing this mess and just buys gas :) Your not going to pick on a NATO country, As i said he is not that stupid,

The way you phrase that, it sounds like an attempted invasion, rather than what it was, the EU trying to get Ukraine on their side. At the beginning of this I said that the best way to settle would be to let the people decide and those who wish to go the Russian Federation, let them go and those who wish to look west towards the EU let them do that and the matter could have been settled - now I'm not so sure, there appears to be a lot of underhand tactics coming from the east and I would no longer rely on Putin to keep his word.

As it is the Ukraine is making noises about joining NATO - I am undecided as to whether this would be a good idea or not - the Ukraine would certainly be happy to have the backing of NATO forces but at the same time we saw how different treaty obligations dragged us into two world wars in the last century and such a move could well escalate the situation.

In the meantime I reckon we'd better get fracking - we will be needing that gas pretty soon by the sound of it.

The EU has no army, No one would go to fight for the EU 

Not per se at the moment but there is a lot of co-operation between the different armed forces of Europe and I would not be surprised to learn that there is such a contingency plan to amalgamate the forces should the need arise.

The way you phrase that, it sounds like an attempted invasion, rather than what it was, the EU trying to get Ukraine on their side. At the beginning of this I said that the best way to settle would be to let the people decide and those who wish to go the Russian Federation, let them go and those who wish to look west towards the EU let them do that and the matter could have been settled - now I'm not so sure, there appears to be a lot of underhand tactics coming from the east and I would no longer rely on Putin to keep his word.

As it is the Ukraine is making noises about joining NATO - I am undecided as to whether this would be a good idea or not - the Ukraine would certainly be happy to have the backing of NATO forces but at the same time we saw how different treaty obligations dragged us into two world wars in the last century and such a move could well escalate the situation.

In the meantime I reckon we'd better get fracking - we will be needing that gas pretty soon by the sound of it.

Looking back even the EU would wish it let Ukraine vote so their could split as now Putin has affectively called their bluff and showed the world the EU is all talk 

Only a matter of time before WW3 or something similar: has the human race actually evolved since WW1 or WW2?

Only a matter of time before WW3 or something similar: has the human race actually evolved since WW1 or WW2?

I really don't ever see it happening, Be honest, were all a lot more closer, No one will pull the trigger knowing what their will cause, I.e nuclear weapons will always prevent this unless one nation can figure out how to eradicate them EM pulse on nation go to war with,

I really don't ever see it happening, Be honest, were all a lot more closer, No one will pull the trigger knowing what their will cause, I.e nuclear weapons will always prevent this unless one nation can figure out how to eradicate them EM pulse on nation go to war with,

There are many 'triggers' that could lead to some sort of world war:  a nutty religion with a rouge bomb or some sort of bio weapon would be my guess.

I certainly think the risk is higher today than it has been since the 90's but I think it unlikely.

Iran and IS have are nutty enough but have no nukes yet and certainly no delivery system. Russia has to date not attacked a NATO or EU nation. China or India have the population to outspend everybody so have little need for a war when time will grant them power.

We are a divided species who would rape and murder each other left to our own devices.

The only difference between now and WW2 is that the power dynamics have changed somewhat. The USA has more power, Russia less and two new powers in India and China are emerging.

We are a divided species who would rape and murder each other left to our own devices.

The only difference between now and WW2 is that the power dynamics have changed somewhat. The USA has more power, Russia less and two new powers in India and China are emerging.

No twitter fb r airplanes? Only bombers and fighters Big difference, Back then all you new was what you was told, defend the king, now example were not so difference, All have the same news, the human race will not make same mistake on one persons word again 

China r bullys Free Hong Kong 

People already do rape and murder others - and often get away with it (particularly the former - most rape cases do not end in conviction).

However, the majority of people are not rabid animals that cannot control their baser instincts (and we, in Europe, do not live in a lawless society or a society lacking in morals or what is right or wrong) - if you truly believe this to be the case then you are also insinuating that, left to your own devices, you would also rape and murder other people. Is this accurate?

Most humans are capable of guilt - a perfectly natural emotion that people feel when they do something wrong. Some people are psychopathic so have no problem committing rape or murder - but most people are not, and would not be willing to rape or murder another human.

No, I don't believe WW3 is upon us. If we avoided it during the Cold War, then I believe we will avoid it now. People should focus less on the impending doom of the human race - surely this isn't healthy.

I would be more concerned about China than Russia in the long term...the Russian military is in no fit state to take on the west in open combat and is unlikely to do so..i think they will feed disorder in the middle east to defect attention away from their meddling around their former western provinces but that's as far as it goes IMO..China is spreading its influence economically globally day by day..i do wonder what the Islamic extremist will make of growing Chinese power in the coming years?