Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Early winter hopes and chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Errmm.... four out of the last six winters have been below the 1700-2013 average!! You have to go back nearly 30 years since there was such a concentration of below average winters. Funny time for global warming to be "gearing up"

Where did you find that information from? Anyway, about time the stalemate has ended with an Atlantic winning out, at least we will see colder pm air from the north-west to bring some snow to my region at least to the moors.  :)

I think its the one way to cool down Europe. I think its a one step towards the very cold.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Posted

Where did you find that information from? Anyway, about time the stalemate has ended with an Atlantic winning out, at least we will see colder pm air from the north-west to bring some snow to my region at least to the moors.  :)

I think its the one way to cool down Europe. I think its a one step towards the very cold.

Europe will cool down courtesy of the disrupting trough that sinks se due to the block to our east. at this time of year, anything apart from a sceuro high delivering African southerlies or a huge Atlantic trough bringing sou'westers with an eastern med ridge will see a cool down over the continent. it's not an Atlantic victory in the sense of strong zonality that will see Europe cool over the next fortnight.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow

So nice seeing the gritting lorries flying about tonight. A sign of things to come I hope. I do love it when it's still daylight and the gritters are out, I really hope for a cold winter period

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I do not want cooler air from the NW, 4C and rain, I would like quiet, cold high pressure, frost/fog, as being hinted at in FI by models

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Most of the North and Midlands seem to have gritters out.

First real cold nights coming.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

what is the most reliable model

ECM, but they all fall off a cliff after 6 or 7 days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Anyone that enjoyed following last weeks events in Buffalo, there looks to be potential for another winter storm to hit NYC towards the end of the week. Obviously, last weeks events were a once in a lifetime event, but it looks as though there is potential for 2-6 inches in and around NYC. Follow the thread here for close up entertainment - http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/44942-possible-nyc-snow-wed-night-or-thursday/page-16  - certainly beats our monotonous CRAP! 

• Like 3

Posted

Most of the North and Midlands seem to have gritters out.

First real cold nights coming.

Yep! Seen a few gritters out here in Oxfordshire this evening. Chilly one tonight
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Ice on the car this morning and a clear frost on the park.

Ladies and gents its official we have beaten last year already!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Jamstec has finally updated for November

The precipitation anomaly looks around average to slightly above average in the west

tprep.glob.DJF2015.1nov2014.gif

Surface temp anomaly looks close to average perhaps slightly above average for England and Wales with Scotland, Northern Ireland & the Republic of Ireland slightly below average. Large parts of Europe are shown to be above normal temperature wise this winter

temp2.glob.DJF2015.1nov2014.gif

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

Surface temp anomaly looks close to average perhaps slightly above average for England and Wales with Scotland, Northern Ireland & the Republic of Ireland slightly below average. Large parts of Europe are shown to be above normal temperature wise this winter

temp2.glob.DJF2015.1nov2014.gif

How depressing, virtually the whole land mass has a positive anomoly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

GEFS mean starting to pick up on the digging trough signal late on, some fridgid runs coming soon me thinks.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

GEFS mean starting to pick up on the digging trough signal late on, some fridgid runs coming soon me thinks.

I noticed that too, 10th December is perhaps a little early but we would be starting to get into the ball park from where I feel winter may properly kick off. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

I noticed that too, 10th December is perhaps a little early but we would be starting to get into the ball park from where I feel winter may properly kick off. 

Yes, we just need these heights to continue slashing up the PV, the sharper the better and even from scandi (although better if Greenland), eventually some ridiculous uppers wil pilling up on the continent and once the trigger is pulled, we get Jan 1987 all over again, that's what im looking at, patience though, it wont happen for a while yet, I want big reward this year.

Posted

Came across this on Twitter. Interestingly going for below average temperatures this winter in UK.

https://twitter.com/matthew05255615/status/537009652362674177

Anyone heard of the Weather Centre in UK?!

Edited by Mark N
  • Like 1