Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Early winter hopes and chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Bartletts can be a menace, especially if they come with persistent mild and drizzly weather. That being said there are some warmer synoptics which I would find pleasant enough.

archives-2008-2-12-0-0.png

This brought some beautiful late winter weather. Glorious sunshine almost UK wide, Mid teens by day and widespread night time frosts. The high shifted a few days later to bring an easterly flow which dropped daytime maxima to just 2/3C with hard frosts at night. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

An early start to winter would do me a la 2010....provided it carries on until March! Come on, I'm not asking for much!

Nov-Dec 2010 with a Jan-Mar 2013 following :)

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 5

With you on the Bartlett, but I'd take a mid-Atlantic high....

Rrea00120051125.gif

That gave heavy snow here

DEC 2010.... The Three Degrees....."When Will I See You Again".... Maybe not in my lifetime :cray:

As did the above one, but this this was better and this gave snow which lasted for about 10 days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Just seen mad madden just released his YouTube winter forecast and yes he is going for snowmaggedon has this guy no shame hope he fails again so we see end of this idiot once and for all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Just seen mad madden just released his YouTube winter forecast and yes he is going for snowmaggedon has this guy no shame hope he fails again so we see end of this idiot once and for all

I agree he is as mad as a hatters tea party....but i for one hope he is bang on the money...SNOWMAGGEDON coming to the UK :cold: :cold: :cold::help:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

What a surprise last years winter forecast is no where to be seen on his YT page yet the one from 2010 / 11 is still available

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,cold,frost,fog,wind,rain

His Facebook page is hilarious, if u ask anything about his methods or inaccuricies the comment just gets deleted

Posted

I agree he is as mad as a hatters tea party....but i for one hope he is bang on the money...SNOWMAGGEDON coming to the UK  :cold:  :cold:  :cold:  :help:

We (or many of us) will get our dream winter, but we'll also have to contend with decades more of Madden charlatanry with the Express et al hailing him as a genius.

Talk about a Pyrrhic victory.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Thanks for taking the time to post this. That is quite a list and these extremes aren't going to stop. They will keep on coming. So what extreme would like to see next if we have to have one?

Well we had the wettist winter on record. Next i personally would like to see the snowest winter on record.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Just hope we don't experience a winter like 2013-14 with all that rain and strong winds from mid Nov to end of Jan.Feb and March were pretty pleasant down this neck of the woods which allowed the drying process.With it looking like a weak El Nino setting up the probability of last winter repeating itself are lower and I hope for a December 2010(unlikely I know!!) followed by cold spells in Jan and Feb with heavy snowfalls and Spring arriving in early March. Time will tell what we get and I look forward to visiting the forums when snow is in the forecast and this place goes bonkers lol!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Well we had the wettist winter on record. Next i personally would like to see the snowest winter on record.

Well whilst it may seem "romantic" I fear the UK infrastructure would collapse if we did and lack of work, food, heat, water due to it would soon change that view.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Well whilst it may seem "romantic" I fear the UK infrastructure would collapse if we did and lack of work, food, heat, water due to it would soon change that view.

How about record sleet or wet snow instead? :p

Posted

How about record sleet or wet snow instead? :p

Just saying :p

Posted

It does actually only take 2cm of snow to screw this country!

yup!  sad innit?

Yeah me too, they survived 1946/47 just after the war with rationing still in effect so we could too in this day and age.

• Like 3

Posted

Yeah me too, they survived 1946/47 just after the war with rationing still in effect so we could too in this day and age.

:rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I want to see snow so deep it comes up to my knees, the type of depth that buries hedges.....and not just over elevated ground (like March 2013). You may laugh considering I live at such a low elevation but the historical records suggest that we have had snow that deep even here before. So it is possible.

The maximum snow depth I've ever encountered is about 10cm.

At the end of December 1962, Keele uni had 45cm of level snow, even Manchester City Centre had 15cm of snow lying. There were drifts 15 feet deep in some places of the west. Imagine that!

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 2