Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Early winter hopes and chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Obviously still a little bit off but here is views from a more mature experienced weather forecaster who i follow. Seemed to be right the last few years.

god he sounds just like madden. Is it his brother lol.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Seems like James madden says the same stuff ever year about winter

September 28th 2013

ANOTHER HORROR WINTER AHEAD FOR THE UK & IRELAND WITH COPIOUS SNOW AMOUNTS - standard meteorology will not recognise this until the last minute (just like December 2010 & March 2013, both forecast several months in advance by Exacta Weather)

November 17th 2013

There are going to be some incredibly red faces by the end of this cold & snowy winter/spring period

http://www.northdevonjournal.co.uk/Met-Office-blasts-weather-reports-8220-worst/story-19934266-detail/story.html

Posted

What a load of old bleepers. What as red as his face should have been after the  '100 days of snow' farce last winter?

Edit: oh wait just realised those were quotes from last year, Lol. But even so his face should have been abut the reddest after that.

Edited by Evening thunder

Each to there own, every body is aloud to have there own predictions/opinions, we all know its hard even impossible to predict the winter. But i think its a bit unfair for people to write other people off when they havent got a clue them selves. Whats the point in having a forum when its not even considered right for you to give your own opinions. i predict a colder than average winter based on what i have read so far E.G. Eastern QBO, El Nino and many other factors which could go our way. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

What a load of old bleepers. What as red as his face should have been after the  '100 days of snow' farce last winter?

Edit: oh wait just realised those were quotes from last year, Lol. But even so his face should have been abut the reddest after that.

He was not that far off 100 days of snow,maybe a day or two either way,not sure why you are all having a go at him.....He just forgot to mention it only applied to the Scottish highlands above 800metres !!!!!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Each to there own, every body is aloud to have there own predictions/opinions, we all know its hard even impossible to predict the winter. But i think its a bit unfair for people to write other people off when they havent got a clue them selves. Whats the point in having a forum when its not even considered right for you to give your own opinions. i predict a colder than average winter based on what i have read so far E.G. Eastern QBO, El Nino and many other factors which could go our way. 

I hope another large high doesn't settle to the west of America again, forcing frigid cold air into the northeast of America and into the Atlantic! That could bring a repeat of last winter, depending on the sea temps in the Atlantic of course!

• Like 2

I hope another large high doesn't settle to the west of America again, forcing frigid cold air into the northeast of America and into the Atlantic! That could bring a repeat of last winter, depending on the sea temps in the Atlantic of course!

Was thinking that myself Lassie!! really would be a horrible winter again. i enjoyed the storms but after 1 or 2 it gets boring!! i would like a cold winter this year.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

He was not that far off 100 days of snow,maybe a day or two either way,not sure why you are all having a go at him.....He just forgot to mention it only applied to the Scottish highlands above 800metres !!!!!!

And North America saw a fair bit as no doubt did Siberia.

To be honest he did ok in getting the correct hemisphere.

Posted

Was thinking that myself Lassie!! really would be a horrible winter again. i enjoyed the storms but after 1 or 2 it gets boring!! i would like a cold winter this year.

It did get tedious after a while didn't it! I would like a cold winter too. I am hoping last year was a one off and not a weather pattern that would repeat itself in a cluster, that would be a disaster!

It did get tedious after a while didn't it! I would like a cold winter too. I am hoping last year was a one off and not a weather pattern that would repeat itself in a cluster, that would be a disaster!

Cant agree more, i will be suprised to see this winter being the same, our winters so so unpredictable. at least if we lived in Norway we would know it will be cold haha

Posted

Cant agree more, i will be suprised to see this winter being the same, our winters so so unpredictable. at least if we lived in Norway we would know it will be cold haha

If we did, we would have a 'how many feet of snow will we get this winter,' thread! Instead we are at the mercy of the atlantic most of the time! :cray:

• Like 3

Posted

No one knows. lets remind ourselves of the Met Office 'forecast' issued last Autumn for the winter to come:   Dryer than average and colder than average.

Perhaps they ran out of seaweed. :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

I know It isn't Norway, but parts of Finland atm is looking very Sledge'able!!! i know that isn't a proper word but who cares it's snowing :yahoo:http://www2.liikennevirasto.fi/alk/english/kelikamerat/kelikamerat_5.html

post-11006-0-00998700-1411592488_thumb.jpost-11006-0-68279000-1411592866_thumb.j

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

I do agree that this blocking pattern, if it were to continue and I suspect it will through vast portion of October, will indeed be interesting.   Although pattern matching is not reliable IMO the propensity of blocking shows the 'rut' situation well and truly in its glory

BFTP

• Like 3

BFTP you should know by now when November onwards comes the jet livens up and instead of the warm dry weather we have now its cooler but still mild with more rain so the countryside is out of bounds, its either too warm for walking in this country or its too wet, never nice cold and crisp, well very rarely anymore, this warmth is exceptional with it persistence can't believe there hasn't been more mention of this, by late September you would expect some fresher weather not almost continuous humid weather with only the odd day or two or fresher weather.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Thunderstorms and Heatwaves

Know it's a long way out ...... cfs-2-2136.png?12cfs-4-2136.png?12

Edited by RCT
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Yes a very loooooong way out!!!  But love it, BANK :good:

Lets hope that Jet decides to go on its holidays from November through to february tongue.gif

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Could get our first northerly in mid October! :clapping:

Northerlies are useless and dry for central southern areas in January let alone a weak one in October.. :nea: