Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Help!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Please find below a posting that I have just sent on the Ghostly happenings sub thread in the Lounge and would appreciate any comments that you are able to offer. This is a genuine query from what I like to consider myself to be a fairly rational person but not being at all conversant with the technicalities of photography I am unable to reassure my son that he has nothing to be afraid of. At the moment he is very worried.

"

Good Morning fellow Netweatherers,

I am posing this message with a great deal of trepidation in case you think that I am some sort of "nut case". Generally as a retired health and safety adviser I like to consider myself as a person who always likes to consider logical explanations first, but what has been happening recently has certainly caused me a great deal of thought with respect to the "unexplained".

My middle son has an I pad, which he has found is excellent un producing high quality photographs. Just before Christmas, one evening he took three shots of our local church to encompass the lights playing onto the tower  to make an attractive picture. A few weeks later he had a closer look at the frames and by zooming in to the dark areas he could see the outline of ghostly faces, which he showed us. The church by the way has a reputation, like a lot of old buildings of being haunted, and I considered the matter to be no more than our furtive imagination getting the better of us.

Since then he has taken a lot of other photographs in our house, including "selfies" of himself and yesterday a picture of a dark coloured moth that had found itself into our bathroom. Without exception when zooming into shadowy areas of the photographs ghostly faces can be distinguished, including one on the latest (on the moth itself)

He is becoming very concerned that some sort of apparitions are following him around. Is there any technical reasons that can be provided by any of you more knowledgeable folk on here that can allay his fears. Also do you have any idea as to who to approach to provide a definitive answer

By the way he visited his girlfriend (who he met on the internet- but that is another story) in late May for a month and she took a number of photographs on her camera. The pictures including one of a large fish in what I believe was an ornamental pond, with my son in the foreground. A close up look in the water revealed the face there again.

I have also copied and pasted this posting into the photographic thread, in case anyone there can help.

Kind regards

Dave"

Edited by claret047

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well if you posted the pictures it may be more helpful. I've given you a likely explanation in the other thread.