Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/09/14 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Ah, so someone on here has read things wrong, it is raining in Portsmouth...

The BBC just tweeted this:

@bbcweather: Thunderstorms are moving across the Isle of Wight & Portsmouth, little rain reported currently because the storms are very high up. Chris F

Edited by Paul

Posted

The BBC just tweeted this:

@bbcweather: Thunderstorms are moving across the Isle of Wight & Portsmouth, little rain reported currently because the storms are very high up. Chris F

What on earth?!! It's stopped now but it was torrential for a while!!

Edited by Paul
Edited quoted post

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

Ah, so someone on here has read things wrong, it is raining in Portsmouth...

no its true very slow moving storm plenty of lightening and rain very loud bangs never really hit us in havant area but certainly hear it and see distant lightening possible more building in northern france and in the english channel through out the day.

very muggy you can smell the atmosphere is electric.

just look at the rainfall radar it shows that it was a small storm in size but brutal in nature.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

things are starting to develop readily now as the latest v4 radar grab shows (nearest storm around 40 miles to my SE now with further elevated cells breaking out north of this)

post-4149-0-65729300-1411034404_thumb.pn

Posted

things are starting to develop readily now as the latest v4 radar grab shows (nearest storm around 40 miles to my SE now with further elevated cells breaking out north of this)

attachicon.gifhiradarzoomv42.png

anything incomming for porsmouth ?

Posted

Well, some people are saying different, I'm not being smug I'm just telling you and others what other people have said, ok?

you know the best thing to do check it out yaself or ask a mod to check it for you  :rolleyes:

Posted

A Met Office yellow warning has been issued. It's low on the likelyhood bit of the matrix but the word 'widespread' is used for tomorrow. :)

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1410994800

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

radar showing lightning strikes over Swindon (10 miles to my north)....certainly dark to my north and east but can't hear anything

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

Several fairly loud rumbles of thunder a while ago, I finally get out of work and it's all brightened up.  :wallbash: 

Feels very steamy outside with a mixture of milky sunshine and post-storm clouds, very humid. Hopefully more to come later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

I was hoping to not have to worry about this type of weather again well not on a consistant basis as i did through the summer months but it seems that I have another couple of days to get through , can only hope they miss me

on another point how severe are these expected to be over the next few days or are we we just on about the typical run of the mill type weather not that I find it less frightning I would just like an idead of how prepared I should be

reading the met office warning they don't seem to be indicating anything really terrible compared to some warnings that were issued during the summer months and even though we are in a warm and humid airmass doesn't shorter days still play a part or am I just clutching at straws ?

Edited by Gordon Webb

Posted

I was hoping to not have to worry about this type of weather again well not on a consistant basis as i did through the summer months but it seems that I have another couple of days to get through , can only hope they miss me

Do you know what you remind me of? One of those people who watch horror movies through the fingers of their eyes. They sit there, they don't want to watch it but can't help themselves.

You don't like thunder but you can't help posting in here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Portsmouth to Brighton? That's rather narrow lol.  If you're going by that second chart, more like Weymouth to Hastings.

It is but I was focusing on the location at where they are most likely to hit and where they will be the most severe. As in todays case Portsmouth so far has been hit the hardest:

post-17320-0-24493700-1411044448_thumb.p

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

First time I've seen the Red Warning on this app. :spiteful:

post-15744-0-85406800-1411045010_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

First time I've seen the Red Warning on this app. :spiteful:

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-09-18-13-27-11.png

Ar lucky! What app is that?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Ar lucky! What app is that?

Its called Weather Pro - Paid 3.50 for it but its pretty decent.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Its called Weather Pro - Paid 3.50 for it but its pretty decent.

Ah cool! Might try check it out sometime.

Not really expecting anything thundery-wise until tomorrow (assuming anything does reach here). It will probably just be one of those 'hit and miss' scenarios.

Posted

It is but I was focusing on the location at where they are most likely to hit and where they will be the most severe. As in todays case Portsmouth so far has been hit the hardest:

Ah but I was on about tonights risk, as it was charts  for tonight that you posted.  :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Nothing here yet, but it's so hot and humid. 28c and the sun is in and out behind burgeoning clouds. I've just come back from the big out of town shopping centre and it was energy sapping just walking around. Ended up going into the McDo by the tram stop for an ice cold Sprite! The country's lighting up nicely on Blitzortung though...

Posted

Sferics in the south of the UK again now...

Posted

stratocumulus here and relatively stable air, just a lull though me thinks as the first afternoon storm fires along the hampshire/sussex border near Guildford

Posted

The poor Belgians are really getting it! A storm 1/3 the size of the country...looks like fun and games in the Paris region too, if it's like this on Saturday up there I think even I might hide under my bed and not come out until Monday!

Edited by Spikecollie