Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/09/14 onwards

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

That is extremely harsh comment given Level 1 conditions have been experienced in a number of locations! Just because it doesn't happen in your back yard it doesn't mean no warning is needed!! It hasn't happened here either but so what.

Too right tornadoes touching down and still some slag off the forecasts!

Oh and I forgot widespread thunderstorms and hail!  Grrr

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

An army of storms moving into our western coasts currently, may be interesting for coastal districts of Wales and SW England shortly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Shame theres no sferics being detected in that stuff thats knocking on my door :( Plenty going on further south!

Posted

There are a scattering of storm closing in on Wales and SW but few and far between cf the ones earlier so not expecting anymore here today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

One rumble of thunder here but my garden is now pretty flooded, the sky has lost signal for about 20 minutes so far, its quite intense.

Posted

Lots of rain hail and thunder here since around 4pm. Not seen any lightning. I've heard a rumour there was a tornado in Alfreton but not sure how true this is

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

A few drops of rain in windy Bedford. Watched the near misses, the break ups and the general nothingness I seem to get here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Another flash and crash here,was half asleep but I still saw the lightning a really sharp crack of thunder too.Pretty heavy rain too with very dark skies.

Posted

Massive flash and bang about 5 minutes ago almost directly overhead :)

If you put my postcode in it shows up on NW Extra as 2 streets away.

Edited by Supacell

Posted

Alfreton tornado ripped off roofs, a strong one, warnings still not appropriate?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Crack of thunder not too long ago here in Falmouth.

Posted

It does look like a tornado may have occurred around Alfreton. I saw rotation on the shower as it moved off towards that direction and there were reports on Radio Derby of trees down nearby and a "police incident" in Alfreton:

post-2719-0-59516600-1412787395_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

That is extremely harsh comment given Level 1 conditions have been experienced in a number of locations! Just because it doesn't happen in your back yard it doesn't mean no warning is needed!! It hasn't happened here either but so what.

Excuse me but I was actually observing that several forecasts (including estofex - who I love) put a severe weather / tornado warning area which has so far been one of the areas completely missing out.

I kind of dont care either - I'd like to care but it's just another non-event.

Posted

Those strong showers coming out of north London look like they are getting their act together, I didn't note any rotation though.

Posted

Hoping no one was injured in Alfreton. The sky is orange here so so strange

Posted

Looks like strong rotation on that cell north of Enfield? anyone there to confirm?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Pouring with rain now, no thunder. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

I'm interested in the science of why the more electrical cells haven't made it over to the south east... is it because the front stalled in the west, or because the moist air from the south went too fast, or something else entirely?

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Some heavy and prolonged showers this afternoon here, With a couple of claps of thunder, 1 of which was directly me... Not good when walking around on scaffold and made a very quick exit! The sky over Alfreton way did look menacing from here i must say.

Edited by Polar Maritime