Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/09/14 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Enjoy guys. Don't think the Midlands will see much if at all. Wales may see a bit but CS England the best shout IMO.

Posted

Enjoy guys. Don't think the Midlands will see much if at all. Wales may see a bit but CS England the best shout IMO.

Iv'e seen about 20-25 flashes tonight.. 1 of which nearly blinded me.. and another where I saw the CG spark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Frequent lightning way to the SE...looks to be ever so slowly coming this way....lovely! Going to try get some pictures now.

And it's still back biulding,enjoy Chris,hope to see some footage soon,night all :wink:

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Quite frequent and at times bright and vivid SL to the ESE past half hour judging from the radar the storm is near Brecon.

Posted

This easily matches 17th july as yet again iv heard 2 very loud shot gun bolts of thunder, this has been a very good evening for are region, overall very happy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Omfg. shot gun thunder!!! That was unbelievable!!!

Posted

Epic storm this. beats 17th July I think.

Posted

Still occasional though less frequent SL flashing at times brightly, mainly to the east, but also at times from other indeterminate directions.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Lightning has died off a bit but was impressive in nearly all directions for a long time between 9pm and 11pm. Steady rain now and have not had a direct hit yet. Looks like Bristol has had a good hit so far though; makes a nice change as I often get direct hits and Bristol misses out. 

Posted

Lightning has died off a bit but was impressive in nearly all directions for a long time between 9pm and 11pm. Steady rain now and have not had a direct hit yet. Looks like Bristol has had a good hit so far though; makes a nice change as I often get direct hits and Bristol misses out. 

I think that the storm is dying, but no, another one or three just randomly pops up.. 

Posted

Got a video of crawler lightning coming from the ground, up. incredible.

Just seen the radar. Those heavy showers developing over the m4 and are heading towards Bristol!

Edited by Karl83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Got a video of crawler lightning coming from the ground, up. incredible.

A streamer? Nice! I've only witnessed that once, just ten feet away from my car in Poole.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Those around Chippenham and Melksham have had probably the best treat tonight...they have had lightning for a few hours now surely!? I've even had lightning here for a couple hours...this is the best I've witnessed in a long time!! (I missed the July storms)

Did some photos and videoing but I must go to bed now...will have a look through it all tomorrow and post up anything decent :)

Posted

A still from the video. I have never seen this before.

post-15744-0-00453200-1411082905_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

and the next storm rumbles in off the Marlborough downs!!......certainly being treated well by the storm gods tonight!