Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Autumn/Winter 2014/15.

Posted

As we are rapidly approaching the end of another winter's journey the committee will be meeting shortly to consider words and expressions that should be consigned to the shredder. Under review are, potential, last winter, easterlies, undercut, cross-dressing (not sure how that got in), digging deep, rinse and repeat, eye candy, any sentence that contains references to five or more teleconnections, boring and last but not least building blocks. Other candidates will be considered.

• Like 5

As we are rapidly approaching the end of another winter's journey the committee will be meeting shortly to consider words and expressions that should be consigned to the shredder. Under review are, potential, last winter, easterlies, undercut, cross-dressing (not sure how that got in), digging deep, rinse and repeat, eye candy, any sentence that contains references to five or more teleconnections, boring and last but not least building blocks. Other candidates will be considered.

What about the classic 'faux cold'? Oft used when it looks like many or all of the above will again fail to materialise :cold:

• Like 1

Posted

This Winter can be summed up as what could wrong did go wrong.

Despite the SAI, OPI, pre-Winter disturbed vortex, vortex displacement, vortex splits, EPO ridges, deep US troughs, despite all of things we have failes to shift a vortex portion from Greenland and therefore no HLB as occurred.

Sure, I've had seven days of falling snow with one heavish fall but the let down from the pre Winter expectations has been larger than normal.

Given at the the very least a cold back end to the Winter was expected by many, this February has been and will be a complete bore fest.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Plausible.

Edit: "Reload" makes me wince too since it makes the implicit and unwise presumption that there will be a "load".

Edited by Yarmy
  • Like 2

Posted

More mocking of people wishing to look at something your not interested in but talk about anyway,,,,,,  :rofl:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

tedious winter yet again.  I think rather than looking at charts, etc in the future we just need to see what the weather is like on the eastern side of the US. when they get cold we get mild or average and when they get warmth we get cold.  simples!

Posted

Well If we want the cold then better take a trip to Toronto, Canada as -17c at the moment with a wind chill of -31c. Friends tell me that it a bank holiday weekend over there and they are staying inside as on Sunday they are being told the temp will be around -21c with a massive wind chill!!!

Well If we want the cold then better take a trip to Toronto, Canada as -17c at the moment with a wind chill of -31c. Friends tell me that it a bank holiday weekend over there and they are staying inside as on Sunday they are being told the temp will be around -21c with a massive wind chill!!!

Oh well it posted twice!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

Just seen some birds collecting nesting materials in my garden.

Probably a bit early for that but they must think winter is over!

they know nothing though..... they did that in april 68 only to lose the clutch to snow and frost!

as for winter being over... the main lesson to be learned to avoid disappointment is to put your desires aside, and dont believe the hype! only get excited when somethings certain, within a reliable timeframe.

but you wont.... next year will be the same.... and youll moan yet again. :p

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

More mocking of people wishing to look at something your not interested in but talk about anyway,,,,,,  :rofl:

knockers interested in weather , not ramping and playing the 'chase to cold' game... which tbh deserves abit of light hearted mockery as its daft! :p

• Like 7

Posted

knockers interested in weather , not ramping and playing the 'chase to cold' game... which tbh deserves abit of light hearted mockery as its daft! :p

Or he could ignore it and allow people to chase what they want to chase without the fear of being mocked by people not interested in it. 

• Like 4

Posted

Or he could ignore it and allow people to chase what they want to chase without the fear of being mocked by people not interested in it.

Congratulations....your humour bypass operation has been a 100% success
  • Like 6

My take on what's been a short period of model watching on here is there's a very good reason the MO still only really look 4 or 5 days ahead, because beyond that period there is so much that can and often does go wrong it's really not worth getting overly excited about...despite the obvious temptation to do so.

Not even going to think about singling out any individual for criticism, but I think it's fair to single one or two out for praise and those are Ian F and Gibby, who for my money have consistently delivered excellent, unbaised analysis throughout.

Edited by coldcomfort
  • Like 1

Posted

Congratulations....your humour bypass operation has been a 100% success

After a winter on here very much so........... 

The same people posting the same snide remarks about other unnamed people in the guise of humour all winter long......... :closedeyes:  

• Like 6

Posted

Pity we can't consign you to the shredder ;-)

Edited by No Balls Like Snow Balls
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Think you missed one knocker. "charts courtesy weatherbell" Wins first prize for me.You nutter :fool:

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

Oh well it posted twice!!

would love to take this trip but I don't think my savings of a few pounds will be enough, do you?

Posted

Just seen some birds collecting nesting materials in my garden.

Probably a bit early for that but they must think winter is over!

These guys think winter is over too TT7sLsx.jpg

Big skeins going overhead today - about a month too early!

Looking at the late run modelling for their destinations - let's hope a similar fate, to the one detailed below, does not await some of them.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/thick-fog-causes-cranes-to-fly-to-deaths-during-spring-migration-a-888609.html

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Thats not very nice from a fellow cornishman, I thought you all stuck together... :yahoo:

Maybe i meant nutter in an affectionate way. :closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Ok everyone back on topic please.

This thread is for moaning (or indeed ramping/hoping)about what is in the model runs -not about other members.

If anything offends please hit the report button and don't respond in the thread.

Thanks all.

Posted

Speak for yourself, wet and windy is boring as hell in my book, I prefer high pressure slap bang over head with hardly a breath of wind and dry! Hopefully this wet and windy spell sods off quickly and hp can again be the major player.

I hope not each to their own, we need rain it's imperative in sustaining large populations, look at California which are currently in a water crisis fortunately we are not in their shoes. I like diversity HP dominance equates to snooze fest, I do not mind brief encounters but I like the pattern to be fluid, in winter it is particularly frustrating. Come August the gales and rain can go running but for now, it is not the time of year to bask in the sunshine or do recreational activities. So it is wasteful, in Summer months not. Today's rain is warmly received. :)

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

It's official.

Winter IS over.

post-6879-0-92710300-1423852970_thumb.jp

Ian

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Ok everyone back on topic please.

This thread is for moaning (or indeed ramping/hoping)about what is in the model runs -not about other members.

If anything offends please hit the report button and don't respond in the thread.

Thanks all.

Phil - stop moaning   :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Just logged on to see if anything interesting..ie colder...might be happening soon but according to the MOD thread it aint...ah well, least i had one day of snow this winter...which was one more than last winter.