Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AWD

UEFA Champions League 2014/15

The draw has commenced and the outcome is;

Group A: Atletico Madrid, Juventus, Olympiakos, Malmo

Group B: Real Madrid, FC Basel, Liverpool, Ludogorets

Group C: Benfica, Zenit St Petersburg, Bayer Leverkusen, Monaco

Group D: Arsenal, Borussia Dortmund, Galatasaray, Anderlecht

Group E: Bayern Munich, Manchester City, CSKA Moscow, Roma

Group F: Barcelona, Paris St Germain, Ajax, APOEL

Group G: Chelsea, Schalke, Sporting Lisbon, Maribor

Group H: FC Porto, Shakhtar Donetsk, Athletic Bilbao, BATE Borisov

As a Liverpool fan I'm happy with that. Real are obviously favourites for the group but we have every chance to nick second place. Could have been worse, ie group F.

Can't wait though. Liverpool v Real Madrid, 2 of Europe's most successful and iconic football clubs. Would give my right arm for tickets to that match.

Liverpool V Real Madrid! :bomb: :bomb: :shok:

Can't wait. That's going to be amazing at Anfield. Good chance of getting out of the group too.

FC Basel can be tricky, as Chelsea found out, but hopefully Liverpool can do it! Who the hell are Ludo? :unknw:

FC Basel can be tricky, as Chelsea found out, but hopefully Liverpool can do it! Who the hell are Ludo? :unknw:

Bulgarian team. Hopefully they shouldn't cause to many problems.

Basel a little more tricky but a draw away to them and a win at home should be enough to keep them behind us.

Man City have a tough group.

It was bound to happen, Liverpool getting won of the Spanish giants! Well we avoided Suarez!

It was bound to happen, Liverpool getting won of the Spanish giants! Well we avoided Suarez!

Yep, being in pot 3 the group was always going to be tough. Hence why I'm happy as it could have been much much worse for us.

Looking forward to tonight. It has been too long.

post-12721-0-88839000-1410879600_thumb.j

That was our line up in our last champions league game. No wonder it was our last for 5 years! lol. Darby for example, now plays for Bradford City. It also shows how far we have come and how improved our squad is, although more improvement is still needed. Hopefully, with our current squad, we should be more frequent opponents within European football in the future years now.

Couldn't get time off to see the game tonight and I haven't got a scooby chance of getting tickets for the Real match but I'm hopeful of going to the home match against Basel, whatever the cost.

The magical European nights at Anfield are priceless.

If we are to progress into the knock out stages then tonight's match is a must win game. No two ways about it.

I hope Liverpool don't play like this against real Madrid!

Liverpool got the win, just about deserved on the balance of play. I know a lot of people may say Liverpool were not convincing and all that but come on, they were playing an unknown and they are always going to be dangerous opponants. 

Liverpool at home to Madrid and to a lesser extent Basel will be totally different, different atmosphere also. 

Well Arsenal were poor tonight and lucky to get away with 2-0.

Real Madrid will demolish us, no questions. They are odds on to top the group. It's going to be a battle between the other 3 for that second place, to which somehow, we have the early advantage.

We didn't play well but I don't think we played badly either. Due to the pressure on us to win the game we had to push forward for the goal which left us open at the back. Our defence is shoddy at the best of times so that just gave Ludogorets the green light.

We need to improve in the final third. We dominated midfield but didn't push forward and take advantage up front. Balotelli done Ok I thought and hopefully now he has his goal he can move on and get us more.

We need to support him though. He can hold the ball up for Sterling and Henderson to run onto. This is why I prefer the diamond formation we changed into rather than the stagnant 4-4-3.

Anyway, we got the vital 3 points. We must beat Basel at home and get something from the two away games too.

We aren't going to go to the depths of the tournament, we lack squad strength and experience for that, but if we can get out the group into the knockout stages, I'll be happy.

Well Arsenal were poor tonight and lucky to get away with 2-0.

Yes, shocking, especially in the second half. If they'd lost 5-0 they could have had no complaints.

Liverpool are playing Real Madrid soon, I hope we can keep the score down to single figures!

The only part of the CSK Man. City match that I saw was the discussion at half time. This basically evolved around how many City would score. Oh dear.

Big match tonight between 2 of Europe's most successful CL/European Cup clubs.

We're looking at a loss realistically, the question is more how many?

Still looking forward to it though, not often you can welcome Real Madrid to Anfield. The atmosphere will be electric!

Big match tonight between 2 of Europe's most successful CL/European Cup clubs.

We're looking at a loss realistically, the question is more how many?

Still looking forward to it though, not often you can welcome Real Madrid to Anfield. The atmosphere will be electric!

Yep really looking forward to this one can't beat a champions league night at Anfield. Going to be a must watch on Sky Sports 5

I'm hoping Liverpool avoid humiliation

Deleted to avoid provocation.  

• Lockdown Gardening - Top Tips for New Gardeners

Lockdown Gardening - Top Tips for New Gardeners - Blog by Jenny Bell WWW.NETWEATHER.TV In the first in a regular series of gardening articles, Jenny Bell gives her top tips for new gardeners who are maybe taking their first gardening steps during the lockdown.  

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Warm Sunny Days Before A More Unsettled & Cooler Easter Weekend

High pressure in charge next few days will bring warm sunshine for many, but from Good Friday and through the Easter Weekend it will turn cooler and more unsettled with showers. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather