Sign in to follow this  
Cakie

Banter - R.I.P

Well done little Miss AJ. My daughter has an author coming into school tomorrow. His claim to fames is that he has written stuff for The Chuckle Brothers, doesn't really sell it to me but she's excited.

Quiet day at chez Loo today. Kids at school so catch up on Eastenders me thinks. Might be brave and take my hire car for a spin later. Bought a Satnav at the weekend and it is programmed with Abu Dhabi style driving. We were driving past an exit when she said "take slip road on the right" so swerve across the path of a lorry to make the exit. Normal here. Had a local guy make a turn yesterday on a three lane road, then he slammed his brakes on to read a paper. You just have to go around them. Anything goes here

Must have been a very  interesting paper! Their driving sounds nuts! :ninja:

Safe as anything driving here

Nude darts could become popular...ish. Anything for a bulls-eye?

Thought they tried that years ago on cable TV, think it was called LIVE?

Try this

paste this into YouTube

Dubai Shaikh Zayed Road 2 wheel driving stunt drivers arrested

This is the main highway from Dubai to Abu Dhabi!

Edited by Cakie

Can't play that one either :laugh:  Wonder if anyone else is having the same problem?

Think you have a regional block on that one

Try pasting the description into YouTube

Dubai Shaikh Zayed Road 2 wheel driving stunt drivers arrested

nutters

Could you imagine doing that on the M25 :nonono:At least hazard lights were used by other motorists and the person on the motor bike was wearing a helmet! Not totally lawless!

Edited by lassie23

What about the guys sat on the window frames, nutters. They never wear seat belts either. Been a nasty crash tonight apparently

What about the guys sat on the window frames, nutters. They never wear seat belts either. Been a nasty crash tonight apparently

Seat belts are not law yet there? :shok:

There has been a sudden spate round here of people driving quad bikes (or the three-wheeled version, presumably called tri-bikes) with no licence plates, helmet or presumably licence or insurance. Of the six I've spotted, only one was bothering to wear a helmet.

There has been a sudden spate round here of people driving quad bikes (or the three-wheeled version, presumably called tri-bikes) with no licence plates, helmet or presumably licence or insurance. Of the six I've spotted, only one was bothering to wear a helmet.

I've got a quad bike !!!!.....

I've got a quad bike !!!!.....

Do you wear all the safety features?

You do not need a helmet to ride a quad on the road (or anywhere), but everything else like a car/motorbike is needed

https://www.gov.uk/quad-bikes-the-rules

Just checked the TV guide for this evening and not looking very promising for sofa surfing, more likely something on iPlayer on the PC instead.

Just checked the TV guide for this evening and not looking very promising for sofa surfing, more likely something on iPlayer on the PC instead.

Netflix tonight probably :)....

Netflix tonight probably :)....

Do not have that and not in a position to spend any more money each month on a sub and an extra box attached to the TV is not an option anyway, as it is I have play swap the leads with two boxes when I switch between them.

Do not have that and not in a position to spend any more money each month on a sub and an extra box attached to the TV is not an option anyway, as it is I have play swap the leads with two boxes when I switch between them.

Google chromcast dongle in hdmi socket in TV ,20 quid , Netflix about 5quid a month ,I'm not extravagant with pay to view either :)....