Sign in to follow this  
A.J

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Weather Discussion

I was on the phone to my mother at the time and we could both hear crackles on the line with every lightning bolt, as well as the thunder rumbling around.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray

Clear 9.3c! More showers expected today, not sure if they will be thundery or not!

Beautifully crisp and clear autumn morning here, only one hefty shower yesterday and definitely no thundery activity within 40 miles, my Aussie Shepherd storm detector was completely unbothered!

Sunny and warm! It's like spring out there!

Edited by lassie23

Loud crack of thunder half an hour ago.

Just made it back to the office from the beer garden in time before the heavens opened.

Sun back out, and feeling warm.

Afternoon

A bright, dry and breezy day here, tad milder than the last few days too, make the most of it as it looks like it will all start to move back into autumn mode very soon.

That reverse Kent streamer heading NE from Brighton has got some amazing rainfall in it. Just back from taking my son to Crowborough where he was having his 125cc serviced and there was lightning, thunder, flash flooding and plagues of locusts. OK, maybe not the last one. Poor sod is riding into work in Tunbridge Wells. He may get wet.

The rate at which the line of precipitation has developed in stormy cloud form is certainly impressive, I could watch it grow with my own eyes!

The rate at which the line of precipitation has developed in stormy cloud form is certainly impressive, I could watch it grow with my own eyes!

aided and abeted by avery warm English channel, a simuler streamer in 2000 caused the famous Uckfield/Lewes floods.That one ran most of the night however with extrodinary rain rates.

Remains warm and dry here, breeze has withdrawn some and made for a fine evening, even managed a couple of pints in the local, so win win.

Woaa huge anvil stretching across the western horizon, bright flashes, strikes and booms as well...

For october, impressive :D

Woaa huge anvil stretching across the western horizon, bright flashes, strikes and booms as well...

For october, impressive :D

Not a sausage here! Calm and clear 13.3c

Did I just hear thunder?

Been hearing thunder here for the past few hours, some very impressive strikes recently aswell.

Been hearing thunder here for the past few hours, some very impressive strikes recently aswell.

South coast and SE corner look like getting most of the storms tonight!

Got some realy good lightning picks coming soon

Edited by Tom Jarvis

Got some realy good lightning picks coming soon

Oh pics! Was wondering what lightning pus was! Nice photos btw!

Edited by lassie23

'House shaking' thunder being reported in Maidstone. A little more north west stormy please!

BBC Sussex reporting flash flooding from Brighton to Eastbourne,fire service being called out on a reguler basis to deal with flooded roads,shops,and houses.Spectaculer lightning in that area too.