Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Just had a light rain shower here in Potters Bar. Office thermometer says 25 degrees, but I'm sure it says that all year round.

Was warm again in the office where I currently am contracted to work, was glad of the aircon, then a couple of staff there complained it felt cold, was amazed TBH as we do have a couple of office softies (both blokes) when aircon is on they are cold etc etc, luckily they are off at the mo so no tinkering of the AC settings (some days I find it up to 26oC and that was during the recent hot weather would you believe!)

Posted

Was warm again in the office where I currently am contracted to work, was glad of the aircon, then a couple of staff there complained it felt cold, was amazed TBH as we do have a couple of office softies (both blokes) when aircon is on they are cold etc etc, luckily they are off at the mo so no tinkering of the AC settings (some days I find it up to 26oC and that was during the recent hot weather would you believe!)

Our office is ar55 about face.

Heating always comes on in the summer and never works in the winter. What's worse is that we're a house building company, and all our subbies are pants at sorting it out, been like it for years.

We also own a plant hire company who have containers full of air conditioning units, and will give us them for nothing, yet non of the staff are allowed to have any, just the MD.

We are allowed fans, but they just circulate the warm air.

Have the fan on today, but it was much cooler when I went out for lunch. Car temp said it was 17.5, so who knows.

Edited by Bogman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Some sun, some showers but nothing heavy. Temperature - 17C. Dear oh dear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

the GFS12z run brings summer back deep in FI with a southerly flow and high temps/humidity....verification chances, less than 10%?....still something to cling on to if summer's your thing :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

the GFS12z run brings summer back deep in FI with a southerly flow and high temps/humidity....verification chances, less than 10%?....still something to cling on to if summer's your thing :)

it is 2 runs in a row mind you, 06Z was similar, for summer arriving on my b'day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

it is 2 runs in a row mind you, 06Z was similar, for summer arriving on my b'day

cheers Mark, I haven't looked at the 06z runs (was out at work)....that's interesting then if a trend is developing....I can imagine local members in the thread will be interested in Capt Matt & JP's take on the outputs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Hi all

We fly out to Ibiza on Saturday for two weeks.... Got an email from the tour operator today about the high probability of volcanic activity in Iceland, meaning air travel chaos due to possible volcanic ash. When did this last happen? I'll tell you - 2010! And we know what happened that winter..... Just saying :-)

Posted

Evening all

warm, calm and dry here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

As long as it doesn't explode before I fly on holiday. It can explode while we're out there, mind you!

Today has been a vague improvement on the last few days. Glad to see temps should be heating up again soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

As long as it doesn't explode before I fly on holiday. It can explode while we're out there, mind you!

Today has been a vague improvement on the last few days. Glad to see temps should be heating up again soon.

You might get stranded on holiday, if you're lucky!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

You might get stranded on holiday, if you're lucky!

Thats what we are hoping for... Ha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Right FAX charts

Tomorrow

Posted Image

Light north west wind

Sunny spells for most of the day, but cloud will increase with an increasing risk of showers. Perhaps a rumble in the heavier ones.

Posted Image

Temperatures

16-19C so disappointing again for the time of year.

Thursday into Friday

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Outbreaks of rain will spread south east, perhaps heavy at times. Could be a damp couple of days with any brightness reserved for early Thursday with brighter conditions pushing south Friday afternoon.

Temperatures - 17-20C on both days.

Will update the rest later if they arrive before I go to sleep, though it looks like Saturday and Sunday will be fine.

• Like 4

Posted

cheers matt :good:

Posted

10.1c here tonight and dropping! A long time since it has been this cool! Some rural spots might be down to 5c tonight! Just some patchy cloud around! Next door are out chatting and laughing away, maybe they don't realize the time! :unknw:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 3

Posted

Sunny but chilly start here. A few showers may develop this afternoon which could be heavy. Otherwise a fine if disappointingly cool day.

Posted

Definitely chillier with a low of 8.9c overnight. The doggie walk felt distinctly autumnal but the bright blue skies and sunshine made it all worthwhile. Currently up to 14c and looking forward to one last show of summertime (in FI).

Posted

It was a nice sunny morning, now it has clouded over a bit! 18c out, but feels okay in a T Shirt as there isn't much of a breeze!

Posted

Afternoon

Been a day of brief sunny spells but really more cloud, has stayed dry mind which will be handy for later.

Still t-shirt weather for me temp wise though the early mornings and late evenings recently have been a tad cooler, still nice indoors though and it is border line cool outside even then.

Posted

A fair day today, sunny intervals. Temperature - a disappointing 17C

Posted

was 8.8oC this morning when I left the abode, been a warm day since but getting cooler again this evening.

Posted

FAX charts for the rest of the week/start of the weekend

Tomorrow

Posted ImageLight to moderate westerly wind. Fronts spreading south eastwards.

Should start dry, but it will turn cloudier with showers or longer spells of rain through the later stages of the day.

Posted Image

Cool airmass still firmly in place

Temperatures - 16-19C

Friday

Posted ImageLight north westerly wind

Fronts clearing through the day so conditions should improve with sunny spells developing.

Posted Image

Temperatures - a touch warmer, 17-20C

Saturday

Posted ImageLight north westerly wind

Apart from an isolated shower (especially in the east), it should be a fine day.

Despite cooler 850s, the longer sunny periods should help temperatures get to around 17-20C

• Like 3

Posted

Sunday 

Posted Image

Light westerly wind

A fine and sunny day with only a little patchy cloud.

Should feel pleasant. Temperatures - 18-21C

Monday

Posted Image

Looks rather horrid with outbreaks of rain. Temperatures would feel a little better on the thermometer but it wouldn't feel great. 19-21C

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted

Another chilly but sunny start here. How long will it last?

Posted

Summer is back this morning! Out in a T-shirt already, not cold at all! Clear blue sky and sunny! :clapping:

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Summer is back this morning! Out in a T-shirt already, not cold at all! Clear blue sky and sunny! :clapping:

really..just been outside no warmer than the rest of the week..in fact it has now clouded over with a bit of a cool breeze kicking up.