Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Yep. The wind has really picked up here too.

Still windy here and the rain has returned too, managed to dodge most of it between showers when I popped into town.

Posted

Hello all, it's been quite a while since I last posted on here ( over a year I think ) for various reasons including the fun of moving house and work! Hope everyone on here is doing well.

It's safe to say Autumn has finally arrived in the past week or so, particularly after the exceptionally mild weather at the end of October. A gusty, dull day here with a few passing showers and the temperature is currently 9C. Hopefully the wind will calm down over the weekend, with Sunday looking like the better day of the two.

I look forward to posting in this thread again!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Still windy here and the rain has returned too, managed to dodge most of it between showers when I popped into town.

Had no rain here this afternoon mate. The wind has now died down and it's starting to turn very clear and chilly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A couple of light showers, it was rather cloudy this afternoon though. 

The wind was the main event, rather gusty at work.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Evening all, 

Quite a windy day at work, Heavy rain this morning, Then brightened up and quite mild until late afternoon,Got quite chilly with next band of showers from 3.30 onwards. Pretty much the same for the weekend pattern wise.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I was expecting thunder but got dry, cloudy breezy weather instead!  Last night's lovely wild weather has been replaced by calm, clear cold weather! 8.3c :cold: :cold:

• Like 3

Posted

It is dark out there, 8.1C - light S winds.... I find November to be a rather depressing/drag of a month and this lame weather ain't helping, I have not seen any snow since march 2013 that's 18 months?

Withdrawal symptoms is kicking in. :p -Been rather stagnant, latest charts show it turning more unsettled; perhaps seasonal approaching the latter part of the month.

Posted

Colder here now too, damp having a factor on that.

Curled up in the lounge with the one single storage heater on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Wind has calmed right down now, dry, loads of showers in the channel though, with a few flashes visible at times.

Posted

Dry and calm here for now, looking at the radar the rain is already well into the west and some headed this way, may just miss my location, but that is a close call for this morning, sure I will see more rain later anyway as the band pushes through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Bright start here, rain later though, Heading up to Birmingham for the weekend.

Posted

Bit more wind here now and very dull thanks to the cloud that has firmly moved in now.  only a few spots of rain on the breeze, checking the radar most is still out to the west and just missing this area.

Posted

nasty  looking  line  of showers  near southamton  area  at the  moment via  the radar

Posted

Think my dry day is about to come to an abrupt end going by the radar.

Posted

I think I may actually get to use my snow shovel this winter! It has been gathering dust since I brought it in February for £2.00 as the shops had a shovel mountain due to the no show winter! :oops:  There are hints of a cold spell later in November. An easterly is showing in the models, here today, gone tomorrow! :nonono:  It was sunny this morning briefly, now it is wet and windy, 13c and getting dark already! The rain is relentless!

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 3

Posted

looking at the radar looks like  it  could get a  bit wild  here soon

Posted

Nice dry day today here, nasty looking rain on radar, still a while away from here I think. Very windy though, feels windier than I expected tbh.

Posted

peeing down here now, glad I opted to stay in rather than go out now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Oh what a wet day. Managed to get the horse out and back before the torrential started. It didn't really stop until later this eve albeit intensity dropped a Little in the afternoon.

Plenty of localised flooding and I see it seemed to have now formalised itself to a long squall line for the rest of the south east. Stay safe y'all and enjoy the endless rain thereafter..

When are we getting some decent cold?!!! I want I want !

• Like 1

Posted

Nice dry day today here, nasty looking rain on radar, still a while away from here I think. Very windy though, feels windier than I expected tbh.

Is your electricity back on? It'll be winter soon with deep snow and sub zero temps, :cold: :cold: :cold: They better hurry up and fix it!

Some parts of London underground have started to flood! The weather has mellowed out here, 11.6c!

Oh what a wet day. Managed to get the horse out and back before the torrential started. It didn't really stop until later this eve albeit intensity dropped a Little in the afternoon.

Plenty of localised flooding and I see it seemed to have now formalised itself to a long squall line for the rest of the south east. Stay safe y'all and enjoy the endless rain thereafter..

When are we getting some decent cold?!!! I want I want !

The models have already started teasing us with a November cold spell! :nonono: Hope your horsey likes the cold!

Edited by lassie23

Posted

Is your electricity back on? It'll be winter soon with deep snow and sub zero temps, :cold: :cold: :cold: They better hurry up and fix it!

Some parts of London underground have started to flood! The weather has mellowed out here, 11.6c!

The models have already started teasing us with a November cold spell! :nonono: Hope your horsey likes the cold!

Yep mines back, still three house's on generator at the bottom of the road though. There's a new build happening, they just put in foundations just before the rain, it looks like the side of the ditch collapsed and somehow damaged the cable. 

Posted

Big firework display on here soon, spare room window allows a good view :)

Posted

Well things are starting to fall into place ECM with some spectacular viewing :good:

GFS not so good but I'll take it any day, 216 hrs easterly incoming followed by a raw northerly. Uppers not sufficient yet, but get the right synoptics and the cold will come.

It's only november :cold:

post-19153-0-86235300-1415476707_thumb.jpost-19153-0-54294900-1415476778_thumb.jpost-19153-0-08491200-1415476810_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

That squall line fell to bits as it hit here as per usual - was looking forward to some interesting weather.

I've had my 4x4 a year now and still waiting for its first trip in the snow - I hope it comes :)