Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Woke up with no electric boo. Been a showery day so far today. No storms so far thank goodness.

Posted

Tired to reply and it disappeared so having another go! Go for it move down to the Sunshine Coast, great for your health and wellbeing in my opinion, as well as the weather of course!

That's the exact reason for making the move. Should it come off. I would be moving to Hasting/St Leonards.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

That's the exact reason for making the move. Should it come off. I would be moving to Hasting/St Leonards.

I've been trying to convince my other half for us to make the move down to the south east coast (Hastings/Hythe/Dover area) for the past year or so for the same reasons of well being, being back near the sea and the more continental type climate.....imported thunderstorms whilst retaining the hope of seeing snow in winter

• Like 2

Posted

Agreed, Jules. As a refugee from rural Essex where winter seemed to last forever in the flat landscape, Sussex has been a great improvement. Where we are, I'm not sure about big cities (I guess you have Brighton), but Tunbridge Wells isn't too far if Hastings doesn't have what we want.

And then there are the bonfire societies...

Hoping for a bit of an improvement in the dull murk out there currently. I can withstand the 7.5C, I'd just like it to be a bit clearer. Nowt worse than fog to mess up firework displays.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

A few light fluffy clouds here now, feeling chilly, been dry for a while now. Looks like some more showers might get here on radar.

Posted

Agreed, Jules. As a refugee from rural Essex where winter seemed to last forever in the flat landscape, Sussex has been a great improvement. Where we are, I'm not sure about big cities (I guess you have Brighton), but Tunbridge Wells isn't too far if Hastings doesn't have what we want.

And then there are the bonfire societies...

Hoping for a bit of an improvement in the dull murk out there currently. I can withstand the 7.5C, I'd just like it to be a bit clearer. Nowt worse than fog to mess up firework displays.

Well at least your bonfire will be more seasonal, watching people walking around in shorts and t-shirts at our local one a couple of weeks back was just weird. Hope your display goes well.

• Like 1

Posted

Well at least your bonfire will be more seasonal, watching people walking around in shorts and t-shirts at our local one a couple of weeks back was just weird. Hope your display goes well.

Thanks. I'm visiting the Icklesham one tonight, if I can find it in the dark. I was contemplating buying our resident Icklesham poster a glass of mulled wine, but shouting 'bluebell' at a bunch of people carrying flaming torches and wearing zombie make-up didn't sound like a good idea in the end. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Thanks. I'm visiting the Icklesham one tonight, if I can find it in the dark. I was contemplating buying our resident Icklesham poster a glass of mulled wine, but shouting 'bluebell' at a bunch of people carrying flaming torches and wearing zombie make-up didn't sound like a good idea in the end.

Ha! Preparations have gone smoothly, the pig has been roasting merrily, and the bonfire built to perfection. Really hope the pesky showers that have been plaguing us all day buzz off! Think I'll be marching then, patrolling the fence looking out for any trouble makers during the fireworks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A lot of cloud today with some showers. It did clear up mid-Afternoon and the weather is currently clear and chilly.

First frost tonight?

0-2C degrees forecast

nmmuk-0-19-0.png?05-18

Enough for a widespread ground frost and perhaps an isolated air frost.

Posted

I know East Sussex quite well I frequently go there and back during the holidays for a retreat which we have a fairly snug caravan. :) or to see my more 'mature' relatives which live in Winchelsea, Rye that sort of area both quaint lovely places, clustered down the south coast.

All of which once lived in London for some 50-60 years, for a better quality of life I'd assume. I would say its best for those that enjoy the simplest of things, fresh air, good food, nice community, if you are out in the sticks you really need a car! The internet can be appalling, but there are many perks.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I'd love to be in Lewes tonight! :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-29921797

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

0.4c at 10pm. Close to Minus digits for first time in over 8 months.. Very bonfire night feel to the weather, Crisp, Cold, Fog patches.

• Like 2

Posted

I'd love to be in Lewes tonight! :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-29921797

They take their tradition properly there. No Popery.

Weather cleared beautifully for Icklesham. Hardly a cloud in the sky and an almost a full moon. Excellent fireworks and a really friendly event.

• Like 1

Posted

-2 C @ Benson and falling....be cautious of slippery surfaces in the mornin' :) First air frost of the autumn/winter for some of you inland and away from towns and cities! :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

2.3C! Clear, cold, crisp moonlit night! :cold: :cold: Temps still falling!

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I have a reading of -0.2c in my back garden currently, I love it so much! Its a shame we do not get prolonged periods of weather that isn't rain.

I am thinking it may get down to -1c here if the cloud doesn't start rolling in by the morning.

I am off!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Bloody cold out with a frost here 0.9oC out in the the shed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Ground frost and on the cars this morning. Clear skies will mean a nice drive to work :)

Posted

Ahh hello frost I forgot you existed last year in true winter I do not remember one last winter such was the ferocity of the wind. Crystal blue sskies perfect

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Ahh hello frost I forgot you existed last year in true winter I do not remember one last winter such was the ferocity of the wind. Crystal blue sskies perfect

So that is what that strange white stuff is that is covering the landscape this morning, haven't seen the stuff for ages! 2.0c, clear and sunny and still FROSTY! Time for this smiley! :cold: :cold: :cold:  It's Christmas already in the shops,  do the festive smileys arrive in November too! :p

Did you find your cat Steve Coops?

Edited by lassie23