Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Thunder here just now after a drizzly day with some heavy rain interludes. Still way too warm though...should be cooling down this week I beiieve, finally. Bonfire night is at Icklesham (Robin Hood). 10c and clear, at this stage of MetO forecasting.

Yes indeed it is the icklesham bonfire, am a proud member of the Robin Hood bonfire society, it's gonna be a good one!! Really hope cold clear night, show them fireworks of to their best!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Thunder and Lightning in Dover.

It seems really weird that I'm talking about thunder in November.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Thunder and Lightning in Dover.

It seems really weird that I'm talking about thunder in November.

You seem to be getting all the eventful weather, :cray:  it's quiet here, more thunder for the far east of England tomorrow! Is thunder rare in November then?

Posted

I'm seriously freaked right now, the wind is going mental, maybe it's just that it's night time. It sounds stronger than anything we had during the warned wind storm to me right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It was raining hard when I got up, dry now if cloudy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Overnight wind and rain has cleared and rather calm now, cooler too, dull and cloudy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Absolutely torrential rain last night. Haven't seen anything like that for years.

Posted

Wet and windy sums it up. Hopefully it will dry up soon.

Edit: Just checked radar, not sure it looks anything like clearing up for a bit. Hopefully I'm wrong reading it wrong.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Goodmorning all, its beena very interesting past 24 hours here, yesterday we had loads of heavy showers during mid morning and the afternoon.We then had a dry spell for the first part  of the evening, before more showers started to move through around midnight, which the odd one produced the odd flash of lightning, but wasnt close enough to hear thuner.

Now we have some moderate showery rain and off, but keeping an eye later this evening and overnight for the risk of storms :D.

Yesterdays high: 15.1'c

Yesterday Low: 11.3'c

Precipitation: 8.6'mm

Overnight low tonight: 9.8'c

Current Temperature: 10.7'c

• Like 1

Posted

Yes indeed it is the icklesham bonfire, am a proud member of the Robin Hood bonfire society, it's gonna be a good one!! Really hope cold clear night, show them fireworks of to their best!

Good for you. I love the bonfire nights in East Sussex and try to get to all of them (except Lewes where it's impossible to park), but have never been to the Robin Hood one before. Is it easy to park near the pub?

It's finally stopped raining here. Horrible morning after a quite surprisingly windy night. Far worse than the (not) hurricane the other week. 10.2C, so already much cooler. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Good for you. I love the bonfire nights in East Sussex and try to get to all of them (except Lewes where it's impossible to park), but have never been to the Robin Hood one before. Is it easy to park near the pub? 

It's finally stopped raining here. Horrible morning after a quite surprisingly windy night. Far worse than the (not) hurricane the other week. 10.2C, so already much cooler.

Yes they open up the field next door for parking. Gates open at 6.30pm, there will be a 2 part firework display and bonfire, because we are on the major trunk road A259 they don't let us march along there so we, have the parade in the field! £3 adults £2 children, pig roast, bar and all the usual bits and bobs.

Grey and miserable here with heavy bursts of rain. 11'c , less windy though.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm hoping to move down to East Sussex sometime soon and really enjoy the whole Bonfire Society thing they have going on down there. I haven't been to the Robin Hood one yet, but thouroughly enjoyed the parade and firework display at the end of Hastings Week just recently. It's a great atmosphere.

Section 5 and the Sambalancas always impress.

Grey, wet and miserable here in Nw London currently.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Torrential rain again. Sounds like a train going past.

Posted

Dismal day, november starting on a wet note and quite mild not extraordinary so, a quite chilly night is pending, under clear skies temperatures will take a tumble.

perhaps a light frost for those in more rural/prone locations. :)

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

rather rubbish day here, rain on and off as the front refused to clear until the end of the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I think I missed most of it. Wasn't that wet on the ground when i peered out and the clouds went and the day ended sunny but much cooler.

Posted

Where I have been today it was raining much of the morning, that was around London Colney/Redbourne/Harpenden area, improved in the afternoon and some bright sunshine for a time, turned very cold this evening though.

Posted

I thought it was worse than that too, woke me up lol. Something was banging my roof, found out in the morning it was the external ariel. 

The very heavy rain from this morning just didn't want to clear the SE today, then the weather turned lovely this evening. Keeping my eyes on radar though as the channel seems to be pushing some showers in again.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

My tv antenna came down a couple of years ago, heard a loud bang in the night and put it down to a bin or something blowing up the road in the wind at the time, next morning went to put on the news whilst having my morning cuppa and nothing (you do not even get static on digital), cost £44 just for a bloke to come out a stick it back up (and they tried to sell me a new one blah blah blah old one is crap, said they need to take that up with the landlord not me, never heard back).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Today was not the right day to take my windows out for painting!

My hands almost went numb when I was fitting them back in a few hours ago in a chilly breeze, down to 6.1c here

Posted

anyone else struggling to connect to NW tonight or is it just me?