Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Yeah, same! 15mm so far th I a morning. I'm watching the totals go up on the IoW using the Netatmo weather map.

Seems like there is another heavy pulse moving in from the west, infact it looks torrential again.

Can wait to get a weather station set up here, im having to use my mates, which he only lives down the road, its all set up on weatherunderground.

Does seem the heaviest of the rain is on the Southern edge of this small band.

11mm of rain has fallen altogether so far.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Seems like there is another heavy pulse moving in from the west, infact it looks torrential again.

Can wait to get a weather station set up here, im having to use my mates, which he only lives down the road, its all set up on weatherunderground.

Does seem the heaviest of the rain is on the Southern edge of this small band.

11mm of rain has fallen altogether so far.

It keeps going crazy here. In the midst of a very heavy downpour, roads like rivers etc.. 20.7mm now, that's before this latest cloudburst. I knew it would be wet but I didn't quite expect this. :D

I hope you get a station set up soon as I always like to keep an eye on observations on the IoW- they can be quite extreme when it comes to rain and wind. :)

• Like 1

Posted

It keeps going crazy here. In the midst of a very heavy downpour, roads like rivers etc.. 20.7mm now, that's before this latest cloudburst. I knew it would be wet but I didn't quite expect this. :D

I hope you get a station set up soon as I always like to keep an eye on observations on the IoW- they can be quite extreme when it comes to rain and wind. :)

Saying that we have another really heavy burst over us now, love the weather when its like this to be honest, its interesting and active :D though I generally like all weather tbh :)

That latest burst has just put ours upto 13mm.

Definately going to invest in one, I have a cheap old lidl one but that dont work properly. Must admit ive definately missed the IOW for weather when ive in guernsey :L

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I'm really not enjoying this weather, for me this time of year should be chilly, 20c is just blugh in November. I like both cold and warm weather but only when it should be those temperatures, 20c on the first day of November is not on, I love wrapping up warm to watch the fireworks, nope not this year t shirt weather. :nonono::fool:

disagree with this. Warm and sunny weather is always welcome with me, whatever time of year - it's extremely rare in Winter; I remember a day or two in February 2013, before the March cold set in, but the fact I remember it, shows its rarity. 

Yesterday was hugely preferable to today in my book. 

Having said that, I am missing the crisp and calm Autumn mornings, which can be great for photographs and have been annoyingly scarce so far this season. I also do like proper snow (not sleet or half an inch of disruption) :)

• Like 2

Posted

disagree with this. Warm and sunny weather is always welcome with me, whatever time of year - it's extremely rare in Winter; I remember a day or two in February 2013, before the March cold set in, but the fact I remember it, shows its rarity. 

Yesterday was hugely preferable to today in my book. 

Having said that, I am missing the crisp and calm Autumn mornings, which can be great for photographs and have been annoyingly scarce so far this season. I also do like proper snow (not sleet or half an inch of disruption) :)

Judging by the charts, some cold, crisp, autumn mornings with frost looks to be on the cards next week, which will also be welcome for sure :D

• Like 3

Posted

The rain has stopped here for now, but we had some very very heavy rain earlier which has booste d our rainfall upto 30mm!

Current temperature 16.1'c

High Temperature 16.1'c

Low Temperature: 14.8'c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The rain has stopped here for now, but we had some very very heavy rain earlier which has booste d our rainfall upto 30mm!

Current temperature 16.1'c

High Temperature 16.1'c

Low Temperature: 14.8'c

Finished at 29.7mm here. I see it has caused a few issues on the Isle? :)

Posted

Finished at 29.7mm here. I see it has caused a few issues on the Isle? :)

I havent heard anything about any flooding as of yet, but i wouldnt be suprised if it cause some problems. Just started to rain again now but nothing heavy, just some lighter showers around :)

Posted

Had a lovely few days in great Yarmouth.

T-shirt weather everyday. 17/18 degrees.

Returned home today and as I got to Royston the grey and dampness returned.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon

Damp afternoon here, stayed dry till around midday and has been drizzle or light rain since, dull and feeling cooler with it, wind has eased though.

Posted

All of a sudden things are looking up for a cold snap around 4th of Nov, a nagging northerly - parameters not sufficient for snow down here, I' d say north of Birmingham may get the first snows of the Autumn/Winter, quite early for it, this year has a 09/10 feel to it :clap::cold:

post-19153-0-05404600-1414603507_thumb.j

Interesting snow possible for the West Country next tuesday! The models are firming up.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Not had any of the heavy rain forecast, it's just been that misty stuff that makes your hair massive.

• Like 2

Posted

Not had any of the heavy rain forecast, it's just been that misty stuff that makes your hair massive.

Massive hair? like the Medway Massive Init? or do you mean "boomff" and you have that mega frizzy hair :) ?

(not a problem for me, mine is short, slow and stopped growing years ago, hang on! that sounds just like me anyway!)

• Like 1

Posted

ARGHH!

Wanted to nip out and get a lucky dip on the lotto and it is peeing it down again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Just mist most of the day with a bit of drizzle now and then, quite muggy feeling through out.

Posted

Got wet and did it anyway.

ten mins to autumn watch

excited :)

Posted

Well then after a very wet day with some extremely downpours late morning and early Afternoon, followed by light/moderate showers, it is now dry but still very cloudy and mild!

Current temperature 14.9'c

Maxiumum Temperature 16.2'c

Low Temperature 14.7'c

Average Temperature 15.5'c

Total Rainfall: 31mm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

No monsoon here, just some drizzly rain at times. In fact there was some sunshine at work this morning before the front moved back northwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Cloudy start here, it should hopefully improve later.

Posted

Afternoon

Not a bad day for the tail end of October, mild, dry, some sunshine, little cloud and not much of a breeze.

Posted

Mostly cloudy day up here, though the cloud did melt away to sunny skies after half 3. Warm in light winds.18-20C the high today throughout the region.