Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Any experts with a theory as to why last nights thunder sounded quite so angry? Clearly not just me as a few posts alluding to it. Storm was overheard yes but the thunder was easily the most intense I have experienced in a long time

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL

Any experts with a theory as to why last nights thunder sounded quite so angry? Clearly not just me as a few posts alluding to it. Storm was overheard yes but the thunder was easily the most intense I have experienced in a long time

It was totally the opposite for us - the intense lightning woke me up but the thunder never got louder than a distant rumble. And we're only a few miles away from each other!

Posted

Do none of you lot sleep? :)

Woken @ 4.30am for a bonus storm.

Three flashes and a few rumbles, nice surprise that. 20 degrees and a tad, "meh" at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

nothing thunder like here just a passing shower.  :nonono: Quite cloudy. nothing heading my way on the radar. Whatever got the storms i asked for, even if the weather lord forgot about Bedford.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Don't think so, the rain was so loud though so.I was all panicking watching the radar but there was only a couple of strikes showing upon the rain that passed over me

Hi thunderbuddy! Glad to hear you missed them, as there were some pretty violent storms around last night!

nothing thunder like here just a passing shower.  :nonono: Quite cloudy. nothing heading my way on the radar. Whatever got the storms i asked for, even if the weather lord forgot about Bedford.

I'm surprised you just got a passing shower only, from the radar there was loads of red with your name on it! Must have taken a last minute detour! :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

No thunder over Herne Bay or Canterbury, I was up till 1.30am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Hi thunderbuddy! Glad to hear you missed them, as there were some pretty violent storms around last night!

I'm surprised you just got a passing shower only, from the radar there was loads of red with your name on it! Must have taken a last minute detour! :cc_confused:

It rained a fair bit.. i was awake and heard it starting, i expect if it was storm like we got the edge or it broke up in two when it reached here, which happens a lot. In fact radar is showing nothing here at all atm, but when I took bubs to school it's raining quite heavy spots. So thundery rain. rejoice \o/

Posted

At the rate it's going you may as well put a bet on us getting storms on Christmas day. Dream of the time we get a week without a forecast of storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: calm and cold (im brontophobic)

Hmm I'm glad that they missed me last night.but I wonder if I'll be so lucky today /tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: calm and cold (im brontophobic)

At the rate it's going you may as well put a bet on us getting storms on Christmas day. Dream of the time we get a week without a forecast of storms.

It does feel like it' weekly this year, always for Thursday Friday and Saturday too, dreading next summer already

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

It's dry sunny and warm here at the moment 23c! Snowstorms would be nice this winter, but not for any chionophobiacs!

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Feeling especially warm and humid in Essex today, sunny without a cloud in the sky all day though getting increasingly hazy. Hard to believe it's coming up to the last week of September, could easily mistake it for mid July at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat

Wow wow wow. What a storm here last night. Torrential rain, which i thought at one minute was going to break our windows :-) the thunder though is the most intense I have heard in years.

Bright morning here, but feels very sultry, with a very fine mist in the air.

Yes - the blue lightning was pretty vivid too! We had a powercut for a few seconds. We had to reset all the clocks this morning. round 2 later perhaps?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Yes - the blue lightning was pretty vivid too! We had a powercut for a few seconds. We had to reset all the clocks this morning. round 2 later perhaps?

Yes we had a powercut too. Fingers crossed for a repeat tonight.

Just had a liquid lunch, and sitting in that beer garden it felt like high summer.

Posted

Lightning radar map shows strikes nearby, but all I see is grey sky.

*sulky face*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Sea Fog! :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Stuff firing northwest of Ipswich. Could be interesting for east Suffolk / Norfolk soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Clouds building just to my north, they seem to have appeared from nowhere, could be interesting for North Essex perhaps Suffolk later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon

No storms here, some light rain first thing at daybreak but nothing much, did have a short heavy shower midday'ish, sun trying its hand now, very warm still.