Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Cloudy and spitty rain here this morning,stayed in the afternoon. Better not rain tonight I'm off out

Raining again here, better than drizzle though! Torrential downpour now!

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Finally dired up, ironically I have been out with a jug of water trying to find a pesky leak on the car dash :angry: when it rains the passenger footwell gets wet, think I have found the "area" of the leak, now need to think how I can narrow it down and plug it.

Edited by Jax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Not much in the rain here today at all, none registered on the weather station, although there was some drizzle earlier!

Just checked the radar, looks like that heavy band of rain is just skirting to the south west of me :D

Posted

Not much in the rain here today at all, none registered on the weather station, although there was some drizzle earlier!

Just checked the radar, looks like that heavy band of rain is just skirting to the south west of me :D

Had drizzle for most of the day then it cleared and the sun came out! This didn't last as we ended the day with torrential rain, which has now cleared! Still 17c!

Posted

Really odd..we've just had about 15 minutes of moderate rain...but on every radar I have there's no rain over us at all!! It cleared over an hour ago according to the radar. If it was drizzle I might have understood..but it wasn't. .if I can hear rain on the roof of our park home it has to be reasonably hard. Never seen this before....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Well hallelujah! The sun is out! Very nice day here, at last. Warm with an easterly breeze that's quite blustery at times.

Posted

Well what a difference a day makes, after a cool start which included some patchy mist along the riverside it has been a dry and bright day, turned rather warm in the afternoon sunshine, should make for an enjoyable evening for pottering about outside.

Posted

Sunshine? What sunshine? Murky all day here albeit warm!

Well hallelujah! The sun is out! Very nice day here, at last. Warm with an easterly breeze that's quite blustery at times.

Was sunny here and warm, the cloud has rolled in now though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: if its warm i want sun..if its cold i want snow.

sunny intervals until 3pm, but now unbroken sunshine.. 8)

Edited by chubbyfan

Posted

Left Potters Bar this morning in glorious technicolour sunshine, and arrived in Hookwood, Gatwick in glorious mono-greyness.

Left Hookwood in the gloom and arrived back to work in late summer weather.

Posted

Still have almost wall to wall blue skies and with it that sunshine here, quite warm too and been out in the garden in a t-shirt again, oh how I shall miss all this come the cold and dark.

Posted

Not a bad day here at all. Misty at about 6, bright sunshine and tee-shirt temperatures again by about 9.30 and then some cloud during the afternoon, with a slight breeze. A vast improvement on yesterday.

Posted

What a lovely autumnal drive to work this morning, in the fog. Lovely-jubbly.

Low cloud here now, 18.5 degrees.

Posted

After a cool and very misty start the day quickly warmed up, more so when the sunshine was more abundant but the cloud has returned since, but the dry and calm conditions mean the warm air has been retained, next few days not looking too bad temp wise either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening all. Landed back at sunny gatwick this afternoon after 2 glorious weeks of 30c temps in Ibiza. Must say the the weather today has been a breath of fresh air. Sunny, warm and a nice little breeze.

Posted

Evening all. Landed back at sunny gatwick this afternoon after 2 glorious weeks of 30c temps in Ibiza. Must say the the weather today has been a breath of fresh air. Sunny, warm and a nice little breeze.

Think we have another week of this!

Posted

Yes we do it seems, another week of warm and calm weather for our region at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning al

Cloudy start here, but not foggy like yesterday, the weather has been ok with some warm sunny spells, though the cloud has tended to build substantially during the middle of the day before becoming sunny again late afternoon.

Better change my location :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

Misty here (Oxford). Last night it was very clear, stars and moon visible with very spooky long lasting vapor trails lit up by the moonlight. We never normally see them at night, was it because there was a temperature inversion because of the high pressure at the moment?

Posted

Misty here (Oxford). Last night it was very clear, stars and moon visible with very spooky long lasting vapor trails lit up by the moonlight. We never normally see them at night, was it because there was a temperature inversion because of the high pressure at the moment?

Was misty here too this morning and the past two mornings! I have seen the vapor trails too, but I am not sure why this is! The mist is long gone and it is sunny now!

Posted

Afternoon

Another cool and misty start to the day here, the cloud soon lifted but did not clear so stayed dull but dry and still feeling rather mild.  Weekend is looking a bit damper the the latest NW forecast though.