Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

It's a part of East Anglia inhabited by Captain Shortwave (formerly) and Mrs Trellis (aka Pete Tattum) that never ever, ever, ever gets any storms.

A little bit of drizzle here late afternoon, but otherwise a pleasant (if not that warm for August) day with sunny spells.

I see, thanks Crepuscular Ray! Mrs Trellis, what will he change his name to next? :laugh: You managed some sunshine! :shok: It has been cloudy since midday here, early morning was sunny though! 8.20pm and already getting dark outside! :cray:

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Hello Captain Shortwave

Welcome to the wonderful city of Chelmo!

Will you be living here or just passing through?

The weather, after a fairly bright start has been cloudy with only the occasional sunny interval. We had a very light (just a few spots) shower about 13.40, otherwise up until now it has been dry, although the sky looks rather threatening ATM.

Kind regards

Dave

I am living there with my girlfriend for the next year whilst she does her teaching course (lectures at Anglia Ruskin).

Weatherwise, some sun, some cloud and average temperatures, good compared to the last couple of weeks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Fair start to the day here, heading off now from Great Yarmouth, will be back online on Wednesday evening. Well hopefully

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Felt like a cooler start here, but calm and dry, cloud seems to be lifting now and the sun is starting to peek out.

• Like 1

Posted

Overnight rain means lawn to wet to cut atm. Off to rickmansworth for football in an hour, so no cutting this alvo.

Cloudy but warm here.

Posted

Well that sunshine never came to anything again today, hope the promise for next week comes true and the warm sunshine finally does arrive and prevail.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

What a dreary weather week it has been. I'm so over grey skies, wind and cool temps. I do hope those of you moaning about the heat a month ago are satisfied! How anyone can't enjoy 28C and sun is beyond me.

Posted

Morning all

A mild night and a mild morning to be had here, even some sunshine for a change, stayed dry too so far and rest of the day is looking promising, so just may whip out the barbie a bit later if this continues.

What a dreary weather week it has been. I'm so over grey skies, wind and cool temps. I do hope those of you moaning about the heat a month ago are satisfied! How anyone can't enjoy 28C and sun is beyond me.

The dullness I can agree with  but the sustained high temps a while back were a tad overwhelming after a while, 28oC is nice for a day or two but better if a few degrees is shaved off them temps in the long term, nice and comfy low twenties is better IMHO.

Posted

Sunny and warm out of that breeze here, if we could just lose the breeze that would be great.

Posted

This must be the quiet season on net weather, where the weather is pretty uneventful!! The lull between the end of the thunderstorm season and the start of the autumn storms, which eventually are followed by the S word! Unless it is like last year when the S word never turned up! :cray:Either that, or everyone has been kidnapped by aliens! :unknw:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

Posted

or upped stakes and sodded off (more likely)

warm and dry here BTW.

• Like 1

Posted

This is always the quietest week of the year, as it's the week before the schools go back and almost everyone's on holiday.

Is it just me, or is it upleasantly humid this evening?

Posted

This is always the quietest week of the year, as it's the week before the schools go back and almost everyone's on holiday.

Is it just me, or is it upleasantly humid this evening?

Forgot about the holiday season, more logical than alien abduction! :pardon: Yes it is humid this evening and I have a temp of 15c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Been raining all morning here..what's that all about?

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Anyone remember this East Anglian washout from 20 years ago?

When BBC forecasts were actually worth watching unlike the tripe today

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well we decided to cancel an event today based on the forecast being heavy rain all day and well.......still dry as a bone. :oops:

Hopefully we get rain later so I don't look completely stupid!

Posted

Well we decided to cancel an event today based on the forecast being heavy rain all day and well.......still dry as a bone. :oops:

Hopefully we get rain later so I don't look completely stupid!

Whose forecast let you down, net weather, met office, beeb, weatheronline, weatheroutlook , weatherweb tv or metcheck or all of them?

Posted

Afternoon

Damp old day here, been raining pretty much most of it, constant but only heavier at times, forecast I saw on Look East this morning was spot on, seems to be getting a bit brighter now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: calm and cold (im brontophobic)

Cloudy and spitty rain here this morning,stayed in the afternoon. Better not rain tonight I'm off out