Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Still heavy here and banging on the windows.

f3ck1ng filter is useless.

Edited by Jax
  • Like 1

Posted

About a mile or so away but nearest gauge to me at Catford ( http://weather.lgfl.org.uk/map.aspx?view=london ) says 34mm and it feels like it.  That's a lot of rain, my poor plants, but at least the pond has been topped up.

TWO have released early autumn/winter thoughts;  http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoother/latest.aspx?id=UK+autumn+and+winter+2014%2f15+weather

And these guys who ever they are......

http://www.ukweatherforecast.co.uk/uk-winter-201415-weather-forecast-predictions/

Edited by tadpole
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Am currently visiting family 40kms north of Paris, it's been a vile day here too. The rain started in earnest at lunchtime and it's still chucking it down now, cold too and breezy. Hope it clears up for the drive home tomorrow!

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

About a mile or so away but nearest gauge to me at Catford ( http://weather.lgfl.org.uk/map.aspx?view=london ) says 34mm and it feels like it.  That's a lot of rain, my poor plants, but at least the pond has been topped up.

TWO have released early autumn/winter thoughts;  http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoother/latest.aspx?id=UK+autumn+and+winter+2014%2f15+weather

And these guys who ever they are......

http://www.ukweatherforecast.co.uk/uk-winter-201415-weather-forecast-predictions/

Not looking that promising for a cold winter, from those early thoughts. Could be another mild one, but not as mild as last winter! Gone back to drizzle here! :cray:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Right time for the FAX charts, got tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday

Tomorrow

Posted Image

Gentle easterly flow

Rain with clear south through the day, though southern counties may stay wet for most of the day (sorry)

Temperatures - 15-20C, highest temperatures likely in the north.

Wednesday

Posted Image

Light to moderate South Easterly, increasing through the day

Southern areas could see a lot of cloud with rain spreading in later. The north should see some sunshine before the cloud thicken later.

Temperatures - 19-22C

Thursday

Posted Image

Moderate south westerly flow

Rain should clear the east by lunchtime to leave a mix of sunshine and showers

Temperatures - 20-23C maybe a 24C in London.

So temperatures should steadily rise, though conditions will still be unsettled for now.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

My days, absolutely teeming down here and has been for many hours now, roads are becoming rivers. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see a bit if flooding and high river levels over the next day or so.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Friday

Posted Image

Moderate south westerly flow

Should start dry before cloud thickens from the west, but overall a decent enough day

Temperatures - Around average at 19-22C

Saturday

Posted Image

Posted Image

Moderate westerly flow. 

Looks rather unsettled with showers or longer spells of rain. Temperatures near normal (19-22C)

Sunday looks better across all of the models.

That's all for now. Time for some sleep.

• Like 2

Posted

It's finally stopped drizzling/raining here! :clapping:

Icelandic volcano could trigger Britain's coldest winter EVER this year

BRITAIN could freeze in YEARS of super-cold winters and miserable summers if the Bardarbunga volcano erupts, experts have warned.

Nobody panic, the article was written by NATHAN RAO of The Daily Express! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::laugh:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted

It's still raining, that is all.

Oh Lassie  :doh:

Posted

Seems I'm stuck under a shower train, thoroughly wet a near repeat of yesterday. The Thames must feel a little bloated :p despite temperatures below 20 - it does feel muggy..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

It's finally stopped drizzling/raining here! :clapping:

Icelandic volcano could trigger Britain's coldest winter EVER this year

BRITAIN could freeze in YEARS of super-cold winters and miserable summers if the Bardarbunga volcano erupts, experts have warned.

Nobody panic, the article was written by NATHAN RAO of The Daily Express! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::laugh:

Oh well. Whatever.

It has definitely been AUTUMN here for the past couple of weeks. Even the post lady remarked about it this morning. Leaves are turning, berries are red. Maybe people in more urban places don't realise, but out in the sticks, it's like late September. We had to have a fire last night in the living room.

And Nathan Rao is quite right. After a massive volcano eruption in the Philippines, the Selbourne naturalist Gilbert White recorded the famous 'year without a summer' in the early 1800s.

Edited by Iceni

Posted

Oh well. Whatever.

It has definitely been AUTUMN here for the past couple of weeks. Even the post lady remarked about it this morning. Leaves are turning, berries are red. Maybe people in more urban places don't realise, but out in the sticks, it's like late September.

We had a fire last night in the living room.

We can still get a cold winter without the help of a Daily Express scare story lol! Just wondering  whether cold winters come in clusters or not! If they do, then do mild winters do the same! Is there a pattern? :unknw: Still cool damp and breezy out, I thought it was October whilst out in the rain!

Posted

I don't know about that, I think this Bank holiday Monday has plunged to new depths. Heavy rain all day long, must have had well over 50mm of rain total.

Complete garbage :(

Not really. I remember lots of family outings on August Bank Holidays where we sat in a steamed up car grimly munching sandwiches while the rain slashed down. In fact, most of them were like that.

One of them was a trip to Arundel Castle in our little woody mini traveller. It was packed and we'd parked just off the drive through the parkland. A LandRover passed and stopped and this elderly gent got out and it was the Earl himself. He said he had some stables where we could eat our picnic and to follow him. So we sat on straw bales watching the rain.

Posted

We can still get a cold winter without the help of a Daily Express scare story lol! Just wondering  whether cold winters come in clusters or not! If they do, then do mild winters do the same! Is there a pattern? :unknw: Still cool damp and breezy out, I thought it was October whilst out in the rain!

The DE is perfectly reasonable. It's not scaremongering to say that billions of ash particles in the atmosphere will block out what sunlight there is in the NH over the winter months.

Yes of course they all exaggerate to sell newspapers but it's better than the MetO forecasting a BBQ summer or saying that A/W 2010 would be unusually mild. Councils base their seasonal planning on the MetO, not the DE and we ran out of salt.

Edited by Iceni

Posted

The DE is perfectly reasonable. It's not scaremongering to say that billions of ash particles in the atmosphere will block out what sunlight there is in the NH over the winter months.

Yes of course they all exaggerate to sell newspapers but it's better than the MetO forecasting a BBQ summer or saying that A/W 2010 would be unusually mild. Councils base their seasonal planning on the MetO, not the DE and we ran out of salt.

Have the Met Office issued their first thoughts on this Autumn/Winter, or do they just issue a forecast at the beginning of October?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

BREAKING NEWS

It's still raining. This reminds me of when you have cold with continuous snot and you wonder to yourself how there can still be stuff up there?

The cat is NOT happy. He will only go out in the rain to go to the toilet, so he's dashing out, going and dashing back ina gain. He loves to be outdoors during the day so he's just been whining at me.

• Like 1

Posted

BREAKING NEWS

It's still raining. This reminds me of when you have cold with continuous snot and you wonder to yourself how there can still be stuff up there?

The cat is NOT happy. He will only go out in the rain to go to the toilet, so he's dashing out, going and dashing back ina gain. He loves to be outdoors during the day so he's just been whining at me.

:laugh: First time the weather has been related to snot, but I know what you mean! It's still drizzling here, so more like having a continuous runny nose all the time, rather than a full blown snot attack! My cat is quite happy to be out in drizzle though, she just comes in looking like she has dandruff! Should finally stop raining/drizzling tonight!

Posted

Well the rain has gone up a notch are we under a possible Thames streamer? ENE wind direction right through the Thames Estuary interesting nonetheless all we are getting is rain, the rain has not halted all day it is relentless.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk

temp 15.1C ridiculously cool for this time of year

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Finally stop raining here around mid morning, feeling a tad fresher (even the fleece has come out for outside activity, still OK indoors but marginal).

And the promised brightness in this mornings BBC forecast never came, remains dull and very overcast.

15.7oC in the shed right now.

Posted

Rained most of yesterday, started raining at 9.30 this morning and hasn't stopped since. 

A thoroughly miserable two August days. :nonono:

It's stopped here! Longest period of drizzle I can remember! Summer is set to return next week though!