Wales, the Midlands & South West England Weather Discussion

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A min of -0.5c back home before cloud increased with the approaching front.

An interesting feature there this morning is local temperature contrasts, with mild air on a southerly flow over-riding cold air still sat in the valleys and low areas as shown by Weather Underground stations:

post-7593-0-81382200-1415261390_thumb.pn

Some stations have shown very sudden temp rises of upto 7/8 degrees when the surface cold pool of air was disturbed this morning, something I've recorded before and may do shortly though my station is still on 3c atm.

Edit: sudden temp rise started at home now, up to 6.2c

Edited by Evening thunder

Hello all...

Have been absent throughout the summer with a house move (only three miles), heavy workload and heaps of other good stuff, but missed the jolly banter and excitement that winter brings. Out in a very chilly breeze earlier... I feel that winter's truly on its way! 

Yippeee!

• Like 1

Despite today's milder feel, one nice warming beef stew on the hob...good few pinches of paprika for added depth and richness. Dollop of mixed chunky veg slowly bubbling away in there too. Last minute Yorkshire puds on standby.

Outlook? Probably a crafty tiramisu lol :)

Looking pretty wet for more western parts later, rain probably fragmenting a bit as it heads further inland.

lol why is it that whenever I read one of your posts I suddenly start feeling very hungry?  :laugh:

Time to treat myself to some yummy Cantonese Style Chicken from the local takeaway.....

Bish

• Like 1

just passing   looking at thew radar  looking very wet for west-side  of the country  , plus with the weather warning    not looking  very nice

Few pics from sunny ole Westonbirt today...

Haven't edited any of these pics they was all taken with a cannon powershot A2300 in Live Mode.

Pink Sorbus,

post-10638-0-59573400-1415313585_thumb.j

A circel of tree's

post-10638-0-93206500-1415313482_thumb.j

And the Acers,

post-10638-0-09953300-1415313279_thumb.j

post-10638-0-33665900-1415313362_thumb.j

post-10638-0-34774500-1415313401_thumb.j

• Like 4

Pretty gusty out there with intermittent sideways rain, autumn proper with the temperature also slowly falling. We're at that time of year again where the temperature seems to go up at night and down during the day!

• Like 1