Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, the Midlands & South West England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lovely thunderstorm here right now with bright flashes and long rumbles of thunder. Very mild tonight too. 15c.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Moved away now. Lightning detectors suggest the whole thundery element has died off for now. If so then we were very lucky. A very nice storm on the whole with torrential rain, close lightning and long, deep rumbles of thunder. Very respectable.

Posted

Thread closed :)

Hehe...awaiting mod shower by dawn zzz.

Haha. :)

Sadly it really seems to become a coastal thing from this time of year onwards. At least I can maintain a thunder risk all year by being at home where its hotter and storms in the summer (Usually) where as here certainly seems to get most of its thunder in the winter half of the year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Calm before the storm here at the moment. Drove into Bristol and back to do a pick up and lots of fog about in some places. Temperature also down into single figures again.

I'm not expecting any electrical activity here but a surprise would be nice. Does looks like some very heavy / torrential rain to come though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Overnight showers gone now with bright and sunny skies and temperatures around 9C. Webcam image available below.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

2.2mm from that weakened trough early this morning.

Currently 16.4°C and sunny. Everything is so wet, it won't dry- that moisture laden air is allowing showers to pop up here.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Heavy showers just now, mild, near calm, 13.2c (max so 14c @ 0957)

Posted

Torrential downpour 38mm/ hour rate.

EDIT make that 57mm/ hour!

Edited by TonyH

Posted

As an all round weather enthusiast I had a lovely experience driving to Bristol yesterday late afternoon as over the Mendips I went from thick fog and heavy rain to clear blue sky and bright sunshine within half a mile.

Thankfully we have a mostly fine day here with plenty of (warm) sunshine and some low cloud, although there was a sharp shower 15 minutes ago.

Posted

13mm in one hour from those downpours, max rate 92mm/ hour, worst of them just about through now.

Edited by TonyH
  • Like 1

Posted

A warm sunny spell now, humid too as that Tropical air arrives, 16.6c, not half bad for mid Oct!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Wow. Very surprising. Only slightly damp here. I've been on Dartmoor this afternoon near Chagford and we had moderate to torrential rain for a good hour there earlier and pouring rain all the way back to Exeter. Hardly anything here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow

Anything going on in the Exeter area? My lightning detector has picked up 3 strikes in the last 10mins. 

Sorry make that 8!!!

Edited by Ashme

Posted

Can here thunder and see lightning on distance. Looks to be over Honiton area. Feels very warm outside and now raining hear near Seaton.

Posted

Anything going on in the Exeter area? My lightning detector has picked up 3 strikes in the last 10mins. 

Sorry make that 8!!!

Yeah quite an active storm near Exeter moving NE of there now, typically I'm at uni in Egham, Surrey or I'd have had a good view. Another decent event missed then, happens all 3 Autumns while at uni now while we get less here in Egham.

Posted

Finally got a decent storm!' This isn't much compared to what many have been having this year, but somehow I seemed to have missed many of the storms - some nice fork lightning and brilliant sounding thunder here now accompanied by some heavy rain... Love it!!

Posted

Goodness rapid intensification from green/yellow on the radar to deep red within 10 minutes! What an active evening this could be, it's a Thursday again a la 17th July and 18th September!!