Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, the Midlands & South West England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

4.5°C at 06.15 was the overnight low, still only 9.6°C with almost complete cloud cover.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Min 2.6c just before 0100, May have got close to zero but milder air and cloud came down from the north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A low of 6.1°C, not quite as cold as the morning before. Currently 16.5°C with some sunny spells.

Posted

Ahh so much for westerly winds meaning a sunnier much more pleasant day, overcast AGAIN and 12.8c, my oh my lost for words!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Heavens have just opened here after a grey drizzly morning. Still 12.0C - despicable weather!

Posted

Min of 3.8c last night.17.4c peak so far, then dropped back a little, but so far every day has managed to reach 18c and today might do later.

That's back home, as I'm in Surrey for a couple days. Quite cloudy up here and ~17c

Posted

Rather depressing to not be able to dry washing on the line in August due to the coolness and cloudiness (extensive Stratocumulus), usually even if cloudy it's warm enough to get the job done but the presence of the odd period of showery light rain/drizzle is merely an added frustration!

And to think today was forecast to be the less showery day, I'd rather the conditions of the previous 3 days ; long sunny periods with a risk of the odd sharp shower.

Posted

Today now looks set to be 10th day running with a max below 18c, and the 8th out of the last 10 days with a sub 17c max!

Would also rather take heavy showers and sunny spells over these plain overcast stratocumulus days, at least with heavy showers there's often a good half an hour of blue sunny skies that follow them, this grey nothingness is relentless!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Great down here at Weymouth ATM that is, expecting a few showers later, yesterday was carnival day best thing was seeing the REDARROWS just brilliant, next few days look promising...light winds and sunshine:)

post-11006-0-66633600-1408624237_thumb.j

post-11006-0-26410400-1408624434_thumb.j

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 3

Posted

Highest reading since and including Saturday a poor 17.2c (Sunday) here, while the average maxima since last Wednesday (9 days) is just 16.6c and unprecedented here for August in my albeit short record (11 years).

The mean maxima for August so far is 19.1c which is though still quite close to average (approx 20c). 

To put this very cool spell in perspective however is to consider August 1986 when the nearest COL site to here Llanpumsaint in Carmarthenshire, had a mean max of 16.9c for the whole month and an absolute max of 21c - that was a truly shocking August! 

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Today now looks set to be 10th day running with a max below 18c, and the 8th out of the last 10 days with a sub 17c max!

Would also rather take heavy showers and sunny spells over these plain overcast stratocumulus days, at least with heavy showers there's often a good half an hour of blue sunny skies that follow them, this grey nothingness is relentless!

Nothing Conor cf the really poor Augusts of the past ^^

Posted

Nothing Conor cf the really poor Augusts of the past ^^

By far worse than the infamous August 2008 though, lashing it down again now at just 14.5c despite the radar showing very little around here.

Posted

Great down here at Weymouth ATM that is, expecting a few showers later, yesterday was carnival day best thing was seeing the REDARROWS just brilliant, next few days look promising...light winds and sunshine:)http:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I hope you're enjoying Dorset?! :)

Temps peaked at 18.7°C today, decent sunny spells but clouded over now.

Here's my graph so far..

post-15177-0-23277600-1408636479_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted

I hope you're enjoying Dorset?! :)

Temps peaked at 18.7°C today, decent sunny spells but clouded over now.

Here's my graph so far..For the last 5 years been on holiday down here, carn't get enough of Dorset, great place :) sun is still out down here right on the coast .... Cracking :D

Posted Imagechart (1).png

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A top temp here today of 13.8c, Currently 13c dry, West 11.6mph with milky sky's.

Posted

Pretty consistent maxima for me over the last 5 days.

Sun 17th: 18.7c

Mon 18th: 18.4c

Tue 19th:  18.1c

Wed 20th: 18.4c

Thu 21st:  18.4c

No maxima below 18c so perhaps not too bad or as bad as some places. 

Minima more variable though, last 7 days graph:
Posted Image

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

2 shocker wet days for Staffordshire coming up I feel, tomorrow, and particularly Saturday looked very wet on bbc weather

still people i know saying how bad Tuesday's rain was

Edited by IrememberAtlantic252

Posted

So the coast was where the sun went!  It's been pretty miserable here today, after the chilly start we've had heavy drizzle and temps struggling to get to 17 for a very short time.  Overcast again now and more drizzle showing not too far away.  Hoping for better tomorrow and Saturday.

Posted

So the coast was where the sun went! It's been pretty miserable here today, after the chilly start we've had heavy drizzle and temps struggling to get to 17 for a very short time. Overcast again now and more drizzle showing not too far away. Hoping for better tomorrow and Saturday.

Full on cloud here now (Weymouth) and the wind as picked up, with no sun, it's cold!.... In the pub now so who cares :D Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

In the Brecon Beacons near Abergavenny at the moment. Some sun in Thursday but turned cold with rain by evening. Shame on you August!

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

In the Brecon Beacons near Abergavenny at the moment. Some sun in Thursday but turned cold with rain by evening. Shame on you August!

Just be thankful you are not in the NW Midlands, 2 wet days looking likely, monday although not a cheshire gap day, is also looking damp/wettish

Posted

A low last night of 9.6c, A dry night with cloudy sky's this morning and light winds. Temp 10.9c, W/N/W 3.4mph.

Posted

What a mess, was thinking today was going to be 'sunshine & showers' but once again overcast slate grey skies with the streamer closing in, tomorrow will be the same to *sigh*

Can't make it up 20c+ returning on Tuesday as my 10 days off comes to an end  :rofl:

Posted

It didn't drop below 13.9°C overnight.

Full on sunshine to begin with this morning and got to 17.1°C A rogue shower then passed over and the temp dropped, had to start again. :)

Sunshine is back and it is currently 16.6°C

The NMM accumulation map for Monday in to Tuesday looks interesting, I looked because I noticed my Netatmo station was forecasting a lot of rain..

post-15177-0-41590300-1408702964_thumb.ppost-15177-0-31313500-1408703014_thumb.p

Posted

109.9mm the August rain total to date, that's the average reached, potential there for 200mm.
Wettest August here in past decade was 165mm in 2008 so a chance of beating that, hope not as we have visitors for the coming week (unless its just a washout day or two Posted Image ) 

Edited by TonyH