Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, the Midlands & South West England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Already a bit breezy at times out there. Still mild at 16C. I'm expecting to be woken up by the elements in the early hours as my window faces west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very warm evening here. 17c. Please come back soon summer. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Can hear the wind picking up every now and then. Still no rain. Unsure if to drift off for an hour or not.

This was the 0415 radar:

post-20399-0-74965100-1412395821_thumb.j

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Cold frontal passage shows nicely last night, rather unremarkable here though, 17.9mm max gust 35mph:

post-2595-0-61843600-1412409282_thumb.gi

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It was 16.8C two hours ago. It's now 12.7C

It tipped it down earlier- a proper downpour! It's steady now but I've recorded more than I thought I'd get.

post-15177-0-56488900-1412413092_thumb.p

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

12.2mm to 09.00GMT here, still possibly another hour of steady rain to come before the clearance.

Posted

Not a very dynamic cold front really. I was expecting a squall line. Nevertheless it's raining and the temperature is about 7C cooler than it was this time yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

It was 16.8C two hours ago. It's now 12.7C

It tipped it down earlier- a proper downpour! It's steady now but I've recorded more than I thought I'd get.

attachicon.gifwp_ss_20141004_0001.png

Is that the new netatmo app?

Posted

Not a very dynamic cold front really. I was expecting a squall line. Nevertheless it's raining and the temperature is about 7C cooler than it was this time yesterday.

It was quite active in the west earlier in the morning.

post-15177-0-79556000-1412414899_thumb.p

I suspect vorticity is waning, causing the rain to fragment as it moves further east. :)

Is that the new netatmo app?

It's the Windows Phone Netatmo app, not quite as good as the one for Android or iOS but it works nicely for me!

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

10.7c. Here.. Down from 15.4c. at 06:39.. Awoken to rain on window...

Posted

Usual miserable Saturday only cold and damp to boot this time, 10.8c down from 17c at midnight.

Posted

attachicon.gifwp_ss_20141004_0002.png

I suspect vorticity is waning, causing the rain to fragment as it moves further east. :)

Ah yes definitely looked more potent when it was further west. Just moderate rain here and now the clearance is visible to the west. Looks like a sparkling afternoon to come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

attachicon.gifwp_ss_20141004_0002.png

It's the Windows Phone Netatmo app, not quite as good as the one for Android or iOS but it works nicely for me!

It looks good! I used to love my netatmo weather station but I've given up with it now, I have to changed the outdoor sensor too often like every 3 weeks the batteries run out! I've tried loads of different batteries ! I've given up with it ! Can't afford to keep running it, I've got the rain gauge that's working fine

Posted

It looks good! I used to love my netatmo weather station but I've given up with it now, I have to changed the outdoor sensor too often like every 3 weeks the batteries run out! I've tried loads of different batteries ! I've given up with it ! Can't afford to keep running it, I've got the rain gauge that's working fine

Oh, that's a shame. Did you have one of the first units? Oddly, they weren't waterproof. I managed to get the 2nd generation one which is, although it would skew humidity readings in the rain. I solved that by making my own stevenson-type screen, with a PC fan underneath. All stats are top-notch now!

It took a while to calibrate the rain gauge to my Davis and manual gauge but that is sorted now too. :)

Posted

Ah yes definitely looked more potent when it was further west. Just moderate rain here and now the clearance is visible to the west. Looks like a sparkling afternoon to come.

Don't know about that it was mainly moderate rain here and now it's pleasantly sunny with some type 1 Cu.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Sun out now, feels a lot warmer than 12c.

dreading Monday, washout for north and west midlands, dry for majority in this thread

Posted

On a sidenote for interesting weather.. As the next system on Sun/Mon moves away, cold ELT's move in behind- perhaps cold enough for hail production, so Mon night in to Tues could see some thunder & lightning around the west country and southern counties. :)

• Like 1

Posted

On a sidenote for interesting weather.. As the next system on Sun/Mon moves away, cold ELT's move in behind- perhaps cold enough for hail production, so Mon night in to Tues could see some thunder & lightning around the west country and southern counties. :)

I noticed that the BBC had the lightning symbol for some on Tuesday but have since removed it. Hopefully the potential is still there. I would think you're in a good spot for autumn thunderstorms with the warm SSTs playing their part.

• Like 1

Posted

Gorgeous hot afternoon....indoors  :laugh:

Low sun this time of year warms the room up like the Med haha! 14.3c outside and clearest daytime skies since Tues 9th Sept!

Posted

dreading Monday, washout for north and west midlands, dry for majority in this thread

But you have just experienced a washout free month!

Its been a lovely day, even if rather cool and breezy, max 16c last night, and 13c this aftrnoon.

Edited by TonyH