Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, the Midlands & South West England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Plenty of hazy sunshine whilst in work then much cloudier once I finished this evening typically, max of 21c, a lot of cloud around at the minute surprisingly, and quite smoggy/humid.

As Tony says above, summer like conditions which I am enjoying. A glorious harvest moon at that moment.

We know it's not going to last, so make the most of it.

Hopefully after an expected cloudier blip on Friday, Saturday will be sunnier again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Such an impressive moon out there at the moment. Almost like having dim street lights on outside.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

An extensive layer of fairly shallow fog over the nearby level areas at 200m, becoming thicker as you descend into the valleys.

Here it's relatively warm ( 10.3c according to the Davis on the roof mast ) with hazy sunshine.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes very thick Fog here to TM, With very low vis.. Temp 7.9c

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Sunny start has a Summer feel wafting through the window. Could be another week or more of warm mostly dry weather!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Clouds

Some mist again but with more cloud than yesterday hopefully this will burn off once the sun breaks through.

Current Conditions.

Temperature 12.0C rising

Pressure 1023mb static

Humidity 97%

Wind light from SSE

Posted

Blue skies and sun once again. We are being spoilt and next week will be hard when it gets wet.

Great pics of the moon Mapantz:-)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Cloudier day today with only small breaks, cooler at 17.6C too.

Posted

Yet another warm day with plentiful sunshine, max 21.7c so far, a little patchy Cu now interrupting the sun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Cloudy 18.7c.  Roll on the rain this time next week.. Lets have a change....

Posted

Cloudy 18.7c.  Roll on the rain this time next week.. Lets have a change....

So many people saying they want a change and for there to be rain. Those wishes were occurring about 12 months ago after a long dry spell and we ended up with that abhorrent damaging winter!!

Posted

Absolutely gorgeous day with blue skies and max of 20.2c.

Grotesque charts for the weekend, so predictable after a week of sunny skies the sun won't appear once!  :sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Absolutely gorgeous day with blue skies and max of 20.2c.

Grotesque charts for the weekend, so predictable after a week of sunny skies the sun won't appear once!  :sorry:

yeah, the change begins tomorrow, very windy by Sunday, will really feel like autumn by Sunday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

yeah, the change begins tomorrow, very windy by Sunday, will really feel like autumn by Sunday

Errr let me think... You stated Monday..."Feel we will see a big change arriving, in the NW Midlands anyway, from thursday (even wed maybe) cloudy skies, cool, windy, will feel like autumn has arrived"

You couldn't be any further from the truth....20C and stunning... The coming weekend may be on the cloudy side but stating it will really feel like autumn by Sunday.

18c is not autumn.

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Errr let me think... You stated Monday..."Feel we will see a big change arriving, in the NW Midlands anyway, from thursday (even wed maybe) cloudy skies, cool, windy, will feel like autumn has arrived"

You couldn't be any further from the truth....20C and stunning... The coming weekend may be on the cloudy side but stating it will really feel like autumn by Sunday.

18c is not autumn.

change delayed by a day, your area may be 18C, but NW midlands looks windy, feeling cool and cloudy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

change delayed by a day, your area may be 18C, but NW midlands looks windy, feeling cool and cloudy

Looks like 18c to me http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/map/gcqkrv0ge#?zoom=9&map=ScreenTemperature&lon=-2.12&lat=52.81&fcTime=1410426000

post-11006-0-54318100-1410466371_thumb.j

Posted

Doubt the sun will burn through for even a minute here Sunday, wondering if a trip to West Wales for the day to get some last minute rays might be worthwhile, knowing my luck cloudzilla everywhere up to Scottish border.

Doubt the sun will burn through for even a minute here Sunday, wondering if a trip to West Wales for the day to get some last minute rays might be worthwhile, knowing my luck cloudzilla everywhere up to Scottish border.

They keep changing the detail on sunshine amounts this weekend, at least at the moment, forecasts are tending to improve as we get closer, so often the case the opposite applies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Clouds

Well it's now 15 days since we had rain and that was 2mm on 28th August that constitutes a drought here in the UK.

This morning is misty and overcast which is likely to prevail for most of the morning, it should brighten up this afternoon to give some sunny intervals.

Current Conditions

Temperature 11.7C

Pressure 1026mb

Humidity 100%

Wind dead calm

Posted

Sunny intervals and 18.1c

So many people saying they want a change and for there to be rain. Those wishes were occurring about 12 months ago after a long dry spell and we ended up with that abhorrent damaging winter!!

Nothing wrong with wishing for a change or something different on a weather forum, won't exactly make last winter happen again lol. Not that I'm particularly wishing for rain although meteorologically I found last winter interesting.

I like rain sometimes, I also like sunshine, dry summery weather and easterly winds for a change.

It's not really surprising though, if you are interested in various weather types September hasn't exactly provided much variability, just sunny or cloudy with temps 20-22c. 

I'm probably happy for dry and warmer than average conditions to persist before the cool down happens later, though throw in a thundery element before I go back to uni with the warm/summery weather then that would do nicely

Posted

September has been stunning so far, remarkable for sunshine and dryness, an estimated 91 hours here so far with 49 hours this week alone, and only a trace in the gauge so far. Also temperature diurnal range very high this month at 13.4c to date, with the warm days and cool nights!

So very interesting from a weather point of view. In fact viewed from an historical perspective weather is constantly of interest so it pays to keep long term records :)

Edited by TonyH