Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, the Midlands & South West England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Nice evening here with a bright Moon and a bank of Fog below me in the Valley, Temp 4.8c with no wind at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Evening all ,just observed 2 very bright flashes far out west definately not fireworks  ,radar looking very active over bristol channel and s wales ,but i think the worst possibly to my northwest ,but moving very slowly .looks like a few could see it severe even if only for a short period .copiouse amounts of rain look likely for later tomorrow and tuesday with weather fronts stalling from time to time .cheers  gang . :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Evening all ,just observed 2 very bright flashes far out west definately not fireworks  ,radar looking very active over bristol channel and s wales ,but i think the worst possibly to my northwest ,but moving very slowly .looks like a few could see it severe even if only for a short period .copiouse amounts of rain look likely for later tomorrow and tuesday with weather fronts stalling from time to time .cheers  gang . :drinks:

You've seen lightning?! Right, time to press my face up against the windows and watch haha. I was thinking it was beginning to die off a bit.

Had 2 nearby thunderstorms earlier with fork lightning and house shaking thunder. Some non-thundery downpours too, 20mm since last night. So much thunder and lightning this year it's crazy.

Caught a fork on with the camera!

292o7iq.jpg

Starting to come down again now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Fine and dry this morning with a Southerly breeze picking up. Current data here.:-

http://www.norton-radstockweather.co.uk/index.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Clouds

Quite a pleasant start to the day with some sunny intervals.

Posted

Another chilly night with temperatures down to 0.1C by 7am. Very autumnal without the gales so far this morning. Lovely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy

Beautiful day yesterday - cracking walk round Horningsham and then to Heaven's Gate overlooking Longleat. Did not feel like mid Nov.

Posted

Just had severe weather alerts from Met Office covering every day of this week (sw - rain) I can imagine flood alerts following shortly. This is beginning to look a bit like autumn 2010 or 2013 depending upon which outcome you prefer!

The BBC presenters and Met Office seem to be becoming increasingly concerned with flooding as we go through this week, mostly for the S and SW. For here the Met Office site has the heavy rain (mostly)/heavy shower symbol from 5pm today til 3pm Wednesday :shok:

Had 152mm in the first 9 days of this month (+232mm in Oct) so suffice to say the ground is saturated. NMM and EURO4 48hr totals

14111206_2_1006.gif  nmm-25-48-0_agt8.png

By Friday morning, 100mm locally?

nmm-25-96-0_lnz2.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Currently 11.6°C and sunny.

Had a little bit more thunder & lightning early this morning, nothing special though. 4.8mm from showers.

The BBC presenters and Met Office seem to be becoming increasingly concerned with flooding as we go through this week, mostly for the S and SW. For here the Met Office site has the heavy rain (mostly)/heavy shower symbol from 5pm today til 3pm Wednesday :shok:

Had 152mm in the first 9 days of this month (+232mm in Oct) so suffice to say the ground is saturated. NMM and EURO4 48hr totals

14111206_2_1006.gif  nmm-25-48-0_agt8.png

By Friday morning, 100mm locally?

nmm-25-96-0_lnz2.png

post-15177-0-62133200-1415621879_thumb.p

I'll by no means get the same totals as you Bobby but it has been quite exceptional for my little part of Dorset. 180mm last month, 87mm so far this month.. that's wetter than the same duration in 2012. The ground is getting close to saturation, so this week will definitely cause a few problems!

I'll by no means get the same totals as you Bobby but it has been quite exceptional for my little part of Dorset. 180mm last month, 87mm so far this month.. that's wetter than the same duration in 2012. The ground is getting close to saturation, so this week will definitely cause a few problems!

Wet indeed, the SW got the brunt last winter too didn't we. Noticed this in the Met O warning for today/tomorrow

This front will become slow-moving, allowing pulses of heavy and sometimes thundery rain to spread northwards across south west England and South Wales

More thunder, sure hope so!

• Like 1

Posted

As forecast a foul afternoon with moderate rain, temp 12C and winf southerly 25mph gusting 40. Oh the joy of slippers, a fire and a good book. HR Modis 1235

post-12275-0-70043100-1415633725_thumb.j

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Blimey, the front sure is slow moving, was supposed to be hear by now, but I reckon I have at least another 1 1/2 to 2hrs before it gets to me! 

Posted

Looks like there Is some light rain on the way overnight, perhaps heavier over the hills around these parts but nothing to much to worry about.

Posted

Our nextdoor neighbour farmers have just brought in their cattle for winter - usually that's a sign is going to get wet, and they pretty much get the timing right every year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

The Eastern edge has literally just reached me, a good 3hrs behind schedule :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

We'll Beeb were way out with their forecast for today. Fine and mostly sunny all day and the rain which was supposed to arrive around 4pm still hasn't quite reached us.

Posted

Colder than expected back home the last two nights, -0.4c yesterday morning (0.1c off the lowest this Autumn) and 1.2c early this morning.

As mentioned above looks like a wet week coming. We haven't been as wet as some through October and November (back home in Devon), with 101.4mm in October and 39mm so far in November (before today).

We had missed much of the heavier rain so far this month (apart from Saturday), but seems to be changing as a southerly flow with these systems is a good direction to get higher totals there (as opposed to SW/W where you get more of a rain shadow effect from Dartmoor)

Not much happening in comparison up here in Egham this week though.

Edited by Evening thunder