Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, the Midlands & South West England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Very confused...was that ice on the car this morning? ha. Didn't see that once last year.....this winter (ok autumn) already better than last years winter.

Posted

Very confused...was that ice on the car this morning? ha. Didn't see that once last year.....this winter (ok autumn) already better than last years winter

Yes ice on the car this morning after the overnight rainfall.

Posted

The white on my car was frost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Frost and fog this morning. The sunrise brought some wonderful countryside scenes.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes SK, Just capturing a timelapse of the Fog rolling up the valley towards me. As you say some lovely Autumnal views this morning.

Temp currently 0.4c Wc -1c Dp -0.1c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

oh wasn't expecting a frost this morning, 1.0 and the grass was quite white 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Ground frost with minimum temperatures down to 1.4C at 07:15 here half a mile away from central Solihull.

Where do the MO get the BBC minimum overnight temperatures from?

Everyone reporting on here is reporting far below the forcasted overnight lows by the BBC.

I know they heavily emphasise that their temperatures are in the towns and cities.

But I am near the middle of a major suburban environment. (West Midlands) with housing for 5 miles until I reach the countryside and still I am 5C below their figures. If this was an isolated instance then I wouldn't be posting. Any one else experience similar effects?

By the way it is important to me because my boxed and border plants have frost on them this morning, they should have been brought in last night. But I trusted the BBC!

MIA.

PSS

I have just seen the BBC forecast for wed night.

Temperatures are shown well above freezing for towns and cities, but down to -7C in countryside in Scotland and -2 to -3C in northern and central areas of England.

OK, so far.

But why is the whole of England, Wales and Nortern Ireland shown as greens and yellows when across the border in Eire it is totally blue. Also across the continent it is deep blue in Holland and Belgium. Is their more to these border controls than is being told?

Do we have effective policing of our borders after all, because they seem to be able to keep the cold temperatures out!!

PS there was however a small patch of blue (25 miles square) in Scotland with the -7C posted on it.

Just seems strange to me.

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

An unexpected windscreen ice scrape this morning, car temperature reading was 4C.

By the time I reached Bristol though it was raining, still grey and drizzly now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

1.8C last night, could have gone lower if cloud didn't creep in at dawn but cold enough nonetheless. Hopefully cold enough for an air frost tonight.

Posted

Yes..thanks for confirming..

1.8C last night, could have gone lower if cloud didn't creep in at dawn but cold enough nonetheless. Hopefully cold enough for an air frost tonight.

MP-R. My temp in Yatton got down to 3.2 at 6.00am. You must live in a colder spot than me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Morning, 25mm of rain yesterday. Got down to 2.3°C here at 7:29am.

Captured a flash of lightning on video last night while at the pub, after looking at the video several times, I spotted something..

Here's the vid:

Here's the screen grab and a pic after using Adobe on my phone to try and highlight it a bit more.

post-15177-0-68373600-1415095262_thumb.ppost-15177-0-46590600-1415095299_thumb.j

I'm not sure what to think?!

• Like 2

Posted

Snow on snowdon this morning too

I'll be up there Friday night taking another group up for charity   :)

Temp currently 1.6c here.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Yes..thanks for confirming..

MP-R. My temp in Yatton got down to 3.2 at 6.00am. You must live in a colder spot than me.

Oh wow that's quite interesting. I'm right on the edge near the train station.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

a line of showers passed through recently, now nice and sunny....time to go out and do some work, me thinks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Dazzled by low sun on the road to Frome.. Rained on the way back.   .Now Broken cloud with sunshine. Minimum 3.7c at 07:09.... Now  8.4c.

Posted

That was quite a potent trough that moved through this morning, all it was lacking was thundery activity overhead because it had stunning clouds, torrential rain and hail, gusty winds and only lasted half an hour. Fine and sunny before and since, with a slight frost first thing.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

You certainly got dumped on again, Mapantz.  Grand total of 1.3mm here to 09.00 and no hint of lightning.  Interesting stills from the video.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A nice end to the day, temps peaked at 11.5°C

post-15177-0-01305100-1415114888_thumb.j

Taurids meteor shower over the next few days, skies could be in our favour!

post-15177-0-27406300-1415114966_thumb.j

Posted

A max temp of just 8.1°C so far today, if it stays like that it'll be the first time we haven't managed double figures since 25th April.

Bish

Posted

Slight ground frost this morning, then generally cloudy today with a chilly max of 9.4c

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

We had a few flashes of lightning yesterday evening, one close and with loud thunder. More showers overnight have given 12.5mm since yesterday. 72.5mm this month already.

One flash of distant lightning (bright though) to the SE about 1850 yesterday.