Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, the Midlands & South West England Weather Discussion

A.J

You are hoping matey rainman, aren't you the one that loves mild and rain?

I like dynamic rainy weather and also snow/cold in winter. So I also dread Bartletts as they bring neither, just boring grey stuff. I'd love a 1947 style winter personally.

My ideal winter would be alternating stormy wet spells and cold snowy spells.

Edited by Bobby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I love anticyclonic spells in winter as long as it's cold and frosty and sunny at least 2/3 of the time. A few freezing grey days are very atmospheric and quite eerie. There was a similar spell in December 2007. December 2004 was the worst type with persistent maxima between 5-9C and leaden skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I like dynamic rainy weather and also snow/cold in winter. So I also dread Bartletts as they bring neither, just boring grey stuff. I'd love a 1947 style winter personally.

My ideal winter would be alternating stormy wet spells and cold snowy spells.

My ideal winter would be clear and cold with snowy spells, but I am living in wrong area

Posted

Quite an exceptional night, bands of heavy showers some torrential and long lasting and 17c. Calmer this morning and expect to see sunny intervals at some point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Exceptional high minimum temps early this morning, 18.4c at 5am would be classed as a very warm start to the day even at that time in high summer. Crazy weather! :nonono:

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes a vary mild night here to with a low of 14.7c and currently 15.2c with strong blustery winds gusting 37mph at 07;33. Rain has eased overnight leaving 4.2mm a few spits and spots now and overcast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Cloudy, grey and breezy and very mild. 16C already. Still at least it's stopped raining for now

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

20.4mm for the last 24 hours, but it has stopped raining here over the last couple of hours, still a few spits and spots around.  Min temp was 15.5 and is now at 17.7.  Our local river is one of only two in the SW area that has an alert out;  at present, it's still rising slightly, but it does go down pretty quickly once the rain stops.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Very strange feeling day. Like being exposed to a hairdryer on a low heat setting.

Posted

Very tiny yet sharp little shower has just developed right overhead here. Can bearly see it on the radar!

Posted

A mostly cloudy day here with a few spots of rain and some brighter interludes. Very mild at 17.8C.

Posted

Pretty nondescript morning with ragged St. Wind WSW 17mph with a temp of 15C. A quick look at the remains of Gonzalo midnight Tuesday according to this mornings ECM.

post-12275-0-45212400-1413701845_thumb.p

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Clouds

A bright start here but quite blustery, temperature 16.1C

The outlook is for a mainly dry but windy day.

Current Conditions

Temperature 16.1C

Pressure 1008mb falling

Humidity 76%

Wind SW gusting to 13.2mph

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

We know what you meant Bobby :)

Pleasant if rather windy day here, mostly dry with sunny intervals and the odd spitty shower, max 17.1c some 4c above normal.

We know what you meant Bobby :)

Pleasant if rather windy day here, mostly dry with sunny intervals and the odd spitty shower, max 17.1c some 4c above normal.

Stupid auto correct.

Currently 14.7c here and tipping it down.

Edited by Bobby

Posted

A very wild/blustery day here with winds gusting 54mph early'r from the W/N/W, Some nice long sunny spells, But the odd shower has started blow through leaving 0.2mm. Temp 14.6c, A proper Autumnal day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Change here following the gusty winds reportede by BB at lunchtime.

This morning was mainly sunny, but it has turned much cloudier here now and feels much cooler.

This morning working in garden in tee-shirt but this pm cooler but the temp is still up at 16.9C. My max was 19.1C 

MIA

• Like 1