Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, the Midlands & South West England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

So annoyed! I've been free all day except for a 45 min meeting I had at 2pm, sure enough a storm came right over head around 2:15, I came out to see flooding all around, looked at the radar and I missed it, just like I missed the overnight storms back in Mid July, what a dreadful year

Posted

Storm arrived here, it's passing straight over with thunder/lightning and spout overflowing. Taken the satellite signal even though i have a bigger dish fitted to the sky + hd box.  

Posted

Storm just passed over here in Wolverhampton. No flashes from what I could see, but we all had a good laugh at the single person trapped in the smoking shelter thanks to the torrential rain that lasted for 10 minutes.  :laugh:  

Posted

If you have chance aim for Stafford Cannock...be quick lol.

i was planning on heading up through the chase Into rugeley but didn't have time to, it dispersed anyway so would of been a waste of petrol haha oh well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Driving, torrential rain here!

Posted

Had a couple of solid rumbles/claps of thunder this afternoon,it was unexpected although they did mention showers possibly thundery yesterday,best to expect to unexpected though.
Heavy shower now.
October 2004 was the most thundery on record well here 10 years. :)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

12th day of thunder for 2014, making it the most thundery year I have recorded, only September did not produce.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

19th day of thunder this year and now 11 consecutive months with at least one thunder day. 

Just driven back from Dorchester, via Cerne Abbas, and the A352 is flooded in several places from the last line of thundery showers.  Here at home we were obviously on the edge of the worst.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

A short and sweet storm but very wild with torrential rain and thunder and lightning.. :good:

Posted

Wonder if the Evesham/ Stratford storm will make it to Coventry/ Rugby? They usually do!

Nice rainbow on Brumcam!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

That storm has just reached Solihull...

Driving rain and one flash. A couple of claps of thunder just heard.

Its already brightening to the south west. The sun is shining with Torrential rain

Short and sweet as someone has just posted.

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted

Damn had thunderstorm here just before 3pm when I was in work (which has no view outside), ruddy typical haha!

Posted

Better than nowt :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A tornado was reported from Alfreton (about 9 miles east of me) ,this afternoon causing damage to buildings and trees.

There was a brief thunderstorm here between 1505 and 1515 g.m.t with a spell of torrential rain. The epicentre of the storm was to the east/south east so presumably it was this storm which spawned the tornado.

The regional news suggested that tornadoes had occurred in other parts of Derbyshire but didn't mention where.

• Like 2

Posted

My webcam capturing some vivid lightning from a storm to the east currently 

http://llanwnnenweathercam.ddns.net:8080/

Posted

Took dog an extended walk such was the lightning so spectacular and frequent, coming from most compass points, some very vivid. One flash just past 1900 was blinding from a cell 20 miles away!

Posted

Damned storm stopped as soon as posted webcam link

Posted

We're just making up for missing the showers for much of the day...it's absolutely tanking it down at the moment, but no sight nor sound of  sferics.