Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, the Midlands & South West England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

3.5mm rain overnight, didn't hear any thunder or see any lightning, so if there was any around it must have been far enough away not to wake me!

Posted

It wasn't as active overnight as I thought it may have been, but it seems some places caught some thundery action.

Had an interesting sky watching morning while out working in Trowbridge with many CBs/showers moving in from the Bristol Channel decaying as they got nearer and leaving detached anvils which produced sharp or drizzly showers. Several bright rainbows and plenty of sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A decidedly cool day so far with a current temp' of 6.5c, intermittent light rain and drizzle, and a f4 W breeze .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

This is why I hate Dartmoor, a nice big heavy shower weakens to a light shower that gives 0.2 mm in 15 minutes. :(

Posted

Couple of sharp hail showers here mid-morning, moving through quickly on the wind. Last night about 1 AM there was a storm close by to the north. Nice to get some seasonal autumnal weather for a change.

11c too so not warm...

Posted

Roll on winter now, until the first wintry spell arrives this is now the blandest time of year as Atlantic storms little interest to me, thankfully sunny evenings at the moment, a nice change after the murk of September.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

More showers returning tonight and tomorrow. Not too cold here though a bit chilly in the evenings. Great to see southerlies and warmer temperatures could be returning. Still too early for cold to have any real impact yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

I expected quite a lot more shower activity about this morning than currently. It is 11C in Kilmersdon at the moment and a light SW wind too with broken cloud. Live view for those interested on the link within my signature

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A much messier sky today so perhaps not as good for photography. Looks like some lively showers around though, just a lottery as to whether they'll come here. We've done well at missing the worst recently. Chilly again last night but not as cold as Monday night, down to 7.3C and now 13.4C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A low of 13.1C

Currently 16C - Very breezy but sunny.

4.9mm of rain from a heavy shower this morning 56mm/hr rate for a time. My monthly total is 54.8mm already! :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

As posted in the Atlantic thread..

Yellow warning out.

post-15177-0-66865300-1412764561_thumb.j

Valid from 18:00 on Wednesday until 09:00 on Thursday

Southwesterly winds will strengthen through Wednesday evening with gales expected overnight. Gusts are likely to reach 50 mph quite widely, with 60 mph gusts possible across exposed coasts and headlands, and also in association with squally, thundery showers. Winds will then moderate through Thursday morning. The public should be aware of the potential for some minor disruption.

Wareham quay was flooded last night and we're not at the peak of the tide heights yet, combined with low pressure and the winds, it could get interesting.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Single loud clap of thunder apparently to SW heard by my wife and corroberated by the sferics which were 6 miles WSW at that time. I did hear the rumble to the NNE 1224 as the shower cluster began to move away.  Very heavy and prolonged showers in the past hour, rain rate peak 28mm/ hour recently, with 7.6mm in the past hour. 

Posted

Looks like hell of a storm passing between  Coventry and Rugby with hail cores too 

Posted

Lots of thunder now rolling around. No lightening yet, but radar looks promising. Rain just starting.

Edit. Some lightening and lots of big hailstones, about a third of inch in diameter. Rain torrential, wind squally.

Edited by picog

Posted

Lots of thunder now rolling around. No lightening yet, but radar looks promising. Rain just starting.

Edit. Some lightening and lots of big hailstones, about a third of inch in diameter. Rain torrential, wind squally.

Spell check :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Bl**dy Bristol Channel killing everything. Today isn't delivering like I thought it would!