Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, the Midlands & South West England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Clouds

A dry mild night with a low of 10.8C, this morning is clear with bright sunshine.

The outlook is for a dry warm day but becoming cloudy this afternoon.

Total recorded rain for September 11.8mm

Current Conditions.

Temperature 11.4C

Pressure 1023mb

Humidity 93%

Wind light from SW

Rain 0mm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

After a little rain overnight a pleasantly sunny and mildish start to the day. 12.2C

http://90.220.29.219:8150/

Posted

That little square over Shropshire is from all the excess drizzle from the misty days surely :laugh: Is there a map of sunshine totals? curious to see just how bad Shropshire's done compared to Wales :laugh:

Muggy evening once again, damp and drizzly but 17.3c

I noticed the Shropshire wet patch too :laugh:. Certainly wasn't from anything thundery. Sunshine map should be interesting, I think parts of the east have done even worse than here. The August 2003 sunshine anomaly map is still the one to make Shropshire weep, with that little grey patch in among a sea of orange. Edited by Summer of 95

Posted

DATA TABLE FOR RADSTOCK FOR SEPTEMBER 2014

LOWEST TEMPERATURE 2.9C(37F) on the 22nd at 07:00
HIGHEST TEMPERATURE 23.7C(74F) on the 18th at 16:41
AVERAGE TEMPERATURE 14.4C (58F)
HIGHEST HUMIDITY 97% on the 3rd at 06:21
LOWEST HUMIDITY 48% on the 9th at 14:19
WETTEST DAY 19.2mm(0.76inc) on the 18th
HIGHEST RAINFALL RATE 150.0mm/hr(6.00inc/hr) on the 18th at 22:30
TOTAL RAINFALL 23.8mm(0.95inc)
DRY DAYS 25 Days
LONGEST DRY SPELL 16 Days (2nd-17th)
HIGHEST PRESSURE 1028.1mbs on the 22nd at 01:51
LOWEST PRESSURE 1007.4mbs on the 18th at 16:24
AVERAGE PRESSURE 1019.4mbs
PRESSURE RANGE 20.7mbs
HIGHEST WIND GUST 20mph on the 18th at 21:53
WIND BETWEEN S & W 7%
WIND BETWEEN W & N 23%
WIND BETWEEN N & E 20%
WIND BETWEEN E & S 50%
SUNNIEST DAY 10 hrs and 48 minutes on the 9th
TOTAL SUNSHINE HOURS 104 hours and 18 minutes
DAYS WITH NO SUN 3 Day on the 19th, 20th & 27th
BRIGHTEST DAY 180.4w/sqm on the 2nd
DULLEST DAY 42.7w/sqm on the 19th
DAYS WITH THUNDER 1 Day on the 18th
DAYS WITH HAIL None
HOURS OF AIR FROST None
DAYS WITH FOG 6 on the 3rd,10th,22nd,23rd,29th & 30th (14.5hrs)
DAYS WITH SNOW None

September was a very strange month overall. It was warmer than average but not seriously so here. Temperatures though always on the warm side of average by day never really got to anything exceptionally high but the longevity of the fine weather through the month made for a very pleasant feel to things. There were some chilly nights and the first Autumn fogs arrived too through the month totalling 14.5hrs of the early mornings. Patchy grass frost was recorded on the morning of the 22nd. Sunshine was somewhat above average reflective of High pressure based weather pattern. It was a drier than average month too with one notable excepton of the 18th when the months only active thunderstorm delivered nearly 20mm of rain in a few hours and there was some strong lightning accompanying this storm too but leaving this aside it was an exceptionally dry month. Winds were very light and I actually recorded a completely calm day in the sheltered location I now live in on the 29th. There was no other unusual weather phenomenon experienced through the period.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Driest September since I set up my station here in 1999.  Total of 5.9mm, just 0.6mm less than September 2003 and the second driest month of any name behind 2mm in April 2007.  Also, the tenth month in a row with thunder days.

Still warm and dry today, 18°C atm, variable cloud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

My total came to 16.2mm......  . 2013 for September came in at 49.2mm.

Today is overcast. 19.5c. Humidity 95%rh. 

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Sept rain total 9.4mm (8% LTA)

This was the driest September in this area on record (over 100 years)

Previous driest being 11mm in 1986.

The lowest total for any month I have recorded in the 12 years I have been doing so in this area (previous April 2007 14.4mm)

It was also a warm sunny month here:

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/81492-september-monthly-data/#entry3047820

My parents recorded 7.1mm at Long Lawford near Rugby, the driest month since April 2011 (4.5mm)

Edited by TonyH

Sept rain total 9.4mm (8% LTA)

This was the driest September in this area on record (over 100 years)

Previous driest being 11mm in 1986.

The lowest total for any month I have recorded in the 12 years I have been doing so in this area (previous April 2007 14.4mm)

It was also a warm sunny month here:

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/81492-september-monthly-data/#entry3047820

My parents recorded 7.1mm at Long Lawford near Rugby, the driest month since April 2011 (4.5mm)

Same picture here. 10mm total, driest September I've recorded, driest month I've recorded beating the 12mm of April 2007.

Actually feels like October today - 13.9c, misty and currently light rain/drizzle. Looking forward to the big change coming, the cold front on Saturday bringing it in could be quite active and squally. Been so long since we had any kind of dynamic weather.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

September here came out at 8.1mm, So a very dry Month indeed. And a mean Temp of 13.4c.

Posted

Same picture here. 10mm total, driest September I've recorded, driest month I've recorded beating the 12mm of April 2007.

Actually feels like October today - 13.9c, misty and currently light rain/drizzle. Looking forward to the big change coming, the cold front on Saturday bringing it in could be quite active and squally. Been so long since we had any kind of dynamic weather.

Still warm here max 19.2c

Posted

Pleasant enough day until finished work, then black skies and that fine rain that soaks through everything, freshened up now down to 13.9c, maxed at 18c earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Shame the nice settled weather we've been having is due to end at the weekend, I'd of been happy for it to continue a lot longer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lovely warm and mostly sunny day here in Falmouth. Great sunset too. :)

Posted

2nd driest month since starting my records in Oct 07, 16.2mm according to the Davis, though that includes many days where it recorded 0.2mm of dew. 

1st driest month on my records is 9.2mm in April 2011.

The only rain was 12.4mm on the 19th (manual had 12.9mm so will correct to that), 0.6mm on the 1st and I think 0.2mm or trace amounts on one or two other days.

That is a very variable thing locally though, for example William Grimsley who posts on here lives under a mile west, and his Vantage Vue had 31.6mm from the thunderstorms on the 19th! There was local flooding in Newton Poppleford.

Mean (5 minute) temperature was 15.0c, actually the same as in 2011, though the mean max this year (20.8c) was much higher than  2011 (19.1c). It is also the first time in my short records 4 months of the year have had a mean max >20C (yes August just managed it at 20.1c).

So September's mean max was 0.7c higher than Augusts, and the mean (5 minute) was 0.1c higher.

I don't know the max + min derived mean, but will Friday when I am home where cumulus software calculates this and is also set up to record in the 0900-0900 GMT meteorological day.

Edited by Evening thunder
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Clouds

A grey overcast but dry start to the day after an overnight low of 5.6C

The outlook for today is overcast and dry with some sunny intervals later in the evening, however change is on the way.

Current Conditions.

Temperature 6.6C

Pressure 1031mb

Humidity 100%

Wind Dead Calm.

Rain 0.0mm

Posted

First air frost did not see that coming min -0.3c!

Posted

A quiet and benign start yet again here today with variable cloud cover across the sky. 11.4C Live webcam image available below

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Calm start with broken cloud and some warm sunshine.

Looking forward to some window rattling early on Saturday. Though now it looks like it will be passing in daylight hours rather than overnight? 

Posted

First air frost did not see that coming min -0.3c!

Wow that's amazing seeing as the minima in most of this regional thread will have been in double figures!

Beautiful day again, plenty of warm sunshine after earlier low cloud, just about nudging 20c.