Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, the Midlands & South West England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Max 24.4c today highest since early August, lovely for an afternoon at the deserted beach :)

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Looks like the shizz is about to hit the fan for the Bristol region. Lots of lightning and torrential downpours approaching from the SE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Had a nice light show around this area for a while now, hardly any thunder if any but plenty of flashes, seen a bit of fork lightning too and the odd burst of heavy rain.

Posted

Quite frequent and at times bright and vivid SL to the ESE past half hour judging from the radar the storm is near Brecon.

Another thing I found interesting about tonights show is the sheer number of different cells that are kicking out these strikes.

I visually tracked at least 4 or 5 at one point. At least thats the way I have seen it. Not much of an expert but there have been a lot of distinct groupings of strikes for the Bath area...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Nothing so exciting up here. It's mild, foggy and breezy with a current temp' of 13.6c and a gust of 22 mph half an hour ago, the highest of the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Superb very warm and sunny day after a cloudy start. 25c. Like a summers night out there too. Warm and pleasant. Still expect it to be mostly dry tomorrow though here.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Some very close lightning here now, loud rumbles of thunder too.

When it really kicked off here in Bath it was initially around 22 - 23c, and there was cloud to cloud lightning, then the squall came along, dropped down to about 18c - 19c (based on weather pro app) and the lightning turned to cloud to ground being about 50% of the hits...

Rapid formation of white clouds happened as soon as the temp dropped, all that water in the air effectively instantly condensing into thick clouds, thats when it really went wild here, hammering it down and CG strikes galore...

Awesome evening watching. Being lucky this year in that Bath / Bristol area has had two impressive events.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Lightning has died off a bit but was impressive in nearly all directions for a long time between 9pm and 11pm. Steady rain now and have not had a direct hit yet. Looks like Bristol has had a good hit so far though; makes a nice change as I often get direct hits and Bristol misses out. 

Posted

How good has this been like 4 hours of thunder and lightning so far? And still seems to be going!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Quiet ending down now inland. My bet is for some further storms somewhere between Oxford, Yeovil to Cardiff today.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted

Watching the storms going along the channel this morning @ 6am. some great visuals and fantastic height with lightning in the cloud tops, visually great way to begin the day.

As for them happening here, sod all.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

17mm in my gauge from the storms and subsequent showers, the wettest individual rain event since the previous electrical storms on 19th July.

I think today could be classed as an anything goes day, with the greatest risk of further storms occurring late afternoon into the evening - except for those already ongoing in Dorset/East Devon.

16.3c and 99% humidity!

Posted

Yes, it's over you at the mo Mapantz. Friends of mine arriving in to work this morning, describing how Christchurch has taken a pummelling this morning with the storm. Claims of continual house shaking thunder for almost an hour. Lightning map shows it well, and I was able to see some of it before it became too light from my vantage point in BOMO.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Yes, it's over you at the mo Mapantz. Friends of mine arriving in to work this morning, describing how Christchurch has taken a pummelling this morning with the storm. Claims of continual house shaking thunder for almost an hour. Lightning map shows it well, and I was able to see some of it before it became too light from my vantage point in BOMO.

That looks about it i think?! I can see blue sky and the forecast/models don't show anything else. 

I said Hants/Wilts would be one of the hotspots overnight, and it certainly seems like it after the reports i've seen on Twitter. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Off to Cardiff in an hour and won't be back until 4pm. I hope any more storms can wait until later.

Very similar weather to Andy here. If it weren't so cool I would say it's steamy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Today is a good example of why i wished it would stay completely dry. It's 18°C overcast, muggy, misty- it's grotesque weather. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Clouds

No rain here and nothing significant showing on the radar, it's currently misty and overcast with a temperature of 15.5C, pressure 1013mb rising 3mb in the last hour.