Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, the Midlands & South West England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Max temp here today 15.2c. 

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

September is rivalling July here in West Wales! 

Bone dry, very sunny and warm, mean maximum at 20.8c has not happened this far into the month for some while.

Ground is baked hard, vegetation on hill sides is browning, streams are running very low.

My estimated sunshine total running at 130 hours (mean for whole Sept 125 hours) so we are sunnier than any of the official weather sites.

Posted

Light rain here and currently 14.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lovely warm and sunny afternoon here as it was yesterday too, though more especially in the morning. Warm and pleasant tonight too. How it should be all the time. :)

A rumble or two on Friday perhaps? Has a bit of a mid July look to this one though not as severe imo. Certainly felt more 90s esque this year with much better chances for us westerners.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Very muggy and hazy, noticeable under the streetlights.

Crazy temp though..

post-15177-0-33751400-1410996259_thumb.p

I'd happily take this forecast. :D

post-15177-0-95670700-1410996430_thumb.p

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A very mild and humid night with thick fog and occasional light drizzle, and the same so far today.

The surface of the ground is still dry but everything else is dripping with moisture.

An excellent morning for observing cobwebs.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes TM, very thick Fog persisting as you say. Was very dark this morning as a result..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Funnily enough, the greyest morning here in some days but equally humid. Hoping for some cloud clearance to allow the sun to get to work. Looks like some good activity down south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Clouds

A murky start with low cloud and mist however it should brighten up later to give a sunny and warm day.

Current conditions:

Temperature 15.6C

Pressure 1011mb

Humidity 94% wind light from NE

Posted

Warmest night of the month in contrast to the running mean minima of 7.2c last night did not drop below 14.3c.

Shaping up to be the warmest day of the month too, currently 21.2c in hazy sunshine, with the 23.5c (3rd) to beat, anything above 23c is very warm by this stage in the month when the mean is just 18c!

Wonder if we will catch a thundery shower later plenty of Ac in the skies this morning. Showers currently crossing Pembrokeshire look like they could turn that way. Still no measurable rain this month and with a fairly dry outlook it could end up one of the driest on record (11mm in Sept 1986) unless we catch a storm in  the next day or 2.

Anyway off to the beach :)

Edited by TonyH
  • Like 1

Posted

Yes a mild one here to with a min of 13.3c, Currently thick Fog persists Temp 15.5c.

Enjoy the Beach Tony  :wink:

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Warmest night of the month in contrast to the running mean minima of 7.2c last night did not drop below 14.3c.

Shaping up to be the warmest day of the month too, currently 21.2c in hazy sunshine, with the 23.5c (3rd) to beat, anything above 23c is very warm by this stage in the month when the mean is just 18c!

Wonder if we will catch a thundery shower later plenty of Ac in the skies this morning. Showers currently crossing Pembrokeshire look like they could turn that way. Still no measurable rain this month and with a fairly dry outlook it could end up one of the driest on record (11mm in Sept 1986) unless we catch a storm in  the next day or 2.

Anyway off to the beach :)

Remarkable isn't it? It feels almost hot outside due to the humidity.

It's just tipped over 22°C here, i'm hoping to make it to 25°C later, love these statistics. :)

Posted

A surge in warmth over the past hour with stronger sunshine making it the warmest day of this month, high so far 23.6c.

Posted

Recently had some mid level cloud which dropped the temp back although the sun is back out now meaning the temp is back at 21.7c, however the nice gap that was coming on satellite images is suddenly filling in with a lot more cloud. Unless it gives some heavy showers/storms it would be nice for it do disperse a bit. 

Was wondering if we could scrape past my short term (2008-2014) record of 24.7c seen last September but probably a slim chance.

Yesterday saw 24.4c though, not bad at all.

Could make out distant flashes from a thunderstorm over south Devon about 1:30-2am last night, and even hear what I think were faint rumbles even though it was over 30 miles away. Not the first time I've heard thunder from that distance (and further once) from over the sea though.

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Would love the storm shield here to break tomorrow. Even an invincible thunderstorm would be better than nothing...

Fairly sunny at the moment, though was cloudier earlier. It feels fairly warm with a temperature of 21*C combined with a slight North-Easterly breeze. I'm hoping it will remain bright. Showers and storms are welcome to pay a visit, though (even if I have to wait until tomorrow for them to come - but even then, the storm shield may just become too powerful).

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Nice and sunny now and very warm at 24c :D

However I don't think thunderstorms will reach the Midlands anymore tomorrow. A few scattered ones for the south like today perhaps but nothing severe or organised IMO.

Edited by Costa Del Fal
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

I feel I'm not going to anything now, it's breezy and not at all humid, no Ac Cas nothing unstable looking. It's breezy, too. Something is going to have to change quickly if anything happens here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

If only that Low Pressure system to the South-West could have just been a little bit further North. Maybe the odd thundery surprise could still arise tomorrow for some Midland areas, otherwise I think it would be wise if I didn't fill my hopes up as it will likely just lead to a disappointment.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

If only that Low Pressure system to the South-West could have just been a little bit further North. Maybe the odd thundery surprise could still arise tomorrow for some Midland areas, otherwise I think it would be wise if I didn't fill my hopes up as it will likely just lead to a disappointment.

I feel the same. Whether to stay up and radar watch or go to sleep and get woken up?

• Like 1