Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Ghostly Happenings.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

All my ghostly experiences seem to occur when I've been drinking ! Why do ghosts like to visit me when I'm plastered ! :cc_confused::unknw: :unknw:

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 447
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No because millions believe the events of books such as the bible. They believe in god and jesus and everything else. But we have never seen them. You gonna tell all those people they are 'mad' to bel

i've managed to enhance the image-

In August 1998 me, my dad and my brother went up to Brora in the far NE of Scotland to a cottage and this turned out to be the most scariest experience of our lives! This is the shortened version of w

Posted Images

Posted

My cousin's old house was haunted! :cold: :cold: :cold:

Edited by lassie23
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I think that the vast majority of paranormal stuff has a completely logical explanation (some of which we may not be aware of yet) and I think a lot of what people see a mixture of the brain playing tricks on you, pareidolia and seeing what you want to see.

Having said that I'm not a disbeliever and I am open minded about what may be out there. I am a healthy skeptic if you will. 

Posted

I think that the vast majority of paranormal stuff has a completely logical explanation (some of which we may not be aware of yet) and I think a lot of what people see a mixture of the brain playing tricks on you, pareidolia and seeing what you want to see.

Having said that I'm not a disbeliever and I am open minded about what may be out there. I am a healthy skeptic if you will. 

What about my cat freaking out and me sensing something at the same time? :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: I can't explain that one!

Posted

Could be anything. Could be a ghost or it could be weird atmospherics or it could be you subconsciously picking up on you cat freaking out, in turn making you freak out.

I just don't understand why if we don't know what something is, we automatically believe it to be paranormal. I've experienced some strange stuff, but I think that there is more likely to be a logical explanation rather than it being paranormal.

Edited by Lauren
    Posted

Could be anything. Could be a ghost or it could be weird atmospherics or it could be you subconsciously picking up on you cat freaking out, in turn making you freak out.

I just don't understand why if we don't know what something is, we automatically believe it to be paranormal. I've experienced some strange stuff, but I think that there is more likely to be a logical explanation rather than it being paranormal.

I don't actually believe in ghosts, but that was a bit odd, especially with the stranger being found dead in someone's garden! A logical explanation would be that my cat heard something that got her attention and frightened her! She may have freaked me out too and the death was just a coincidence! What strange stuff have you experienced, or would you rather not share? Which is understandable, as I have other strange stuff but would rather not post it!

Posted

Nothing ghostly.

I have experienced more than once being in one place and then in a blink of an eye being in another, obviously I've moved there myself, but it has literally been as if I've been teleported.

A few times in our house stuff has fallen down or made loud noise without anything touching it, but again this is most likely to be to some sort of force or something acting on it.

I tend to have had more weird experiences with the living, than the dead. Mainly more than once have very strong, horrible feelings about someone, only to find out that my instincts were correct, but that I think is a natural instinct within all of us that is stronger in some people than others.

Posted

So you can read people well?  Are these people total strangers that you get introduced to, that give you instant bad vibes ?

Posted

Yes. It has been almost a feeling of utter peril or as if I am filled with massive aggression and the fight or flight instinct kicks in. Just a feeling of wanting to avoid them at all costs and protect myself and other people. I have yet to be proved wrong. I'm not talking about minor things, I'm talking about some seriously unsavoury characters.

Edited by Lauren
    Posted

Yes. It has been almost a feeling of utter peril or as if I am filled with massive aggression and the fight or flight instinct kicks in. Just a feeling of wanting to avoid them at all costs and protect myself and other people. I have yet to be proved wrong. I'm not talking about minor things, I'm talking about some seriously unsavoury characters.

That is a really useful talent/sense (however you want to describe it) to have! Although it might cause friction between you and your friends, if they at first think the person is okay, until they find out that you in fact were correct!

Posted

When my dog was about 6 months old I was walking him and my older dog past a local church. At a certain point my pups hackles raised and he wouldn't take his eyes off an old gate which is not used and now fronts a field. I had to pull him away as he was rooted to the spot. Some time later I read a book on local history and found that this was the location of a morgue many years ago. St Michaels church in flixton.

Another very odd incident was about 10 years ago. One of my two dogs had been put to sleep due to cancer.  A few days later I and my other dog were at the foot of our stairs. Both my dog and myself looked up as we heard the unmistakeable sound of a dog shaking his head and the noise you hear from the collar and dog tag.There was no one around and i am still stumped as to what caused this noise.

Posted

When my dog was about 6 months old I was walking him and my older dog past a local church. At a certain point my pups hackles raised and he wouldn't take his eyes off an old gate which is not used and now fronts a field. I had to pull him away as he was rooted to the spot. Some time later I read a book on local history and found that this was the location of a morgue many years ago. St Michaels church in flixton.

Another very odd incident was about 10 years ago. One of my two dogs had been put to sleep due to cancer.  A few days later I and my other dog were at the foot of our stairs. Both my dog and myself looked up as we heard the unmistakeable sound of a dog shaking his head and the noise you hear from the collar and dog tag.There was no one around and i am still stumped as to what caused this noise.

Three days after my cat died, we would hear meowing at the kitchen door, but there was no sign of any cats outside! This happened four times in a ten day period! It was not only me who heard it as i don't live alone!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Dug up a skeleton a few years ago with jcb ,we were working in a church yard on non consecrated ground a bit weird but vicar said it's not unusual,we rounded all the bones up and re buried them with a few words from said vicar ........

Posted

Three days after my cat died, we would hear meowing at the kitchen door, but there was no sign of any cats outside! This happened four times in a ten day period! It was not only me who heard it as i don't live alone!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

That reminds me. We had a beloved cat put down when he had terminal cancer. A few days later me and my Mum both at exactly the same time saw as clear as day, the almost ghostly figure of a cat run along the lounge floor. It wasn't one of us setting the other off as we both responded at the same time. I think in all reality it was probably some sort of dust or something blowing across the room that we both interpreted as a cat, being freshly on our minds. Or maybe it was something, I dunno.... :unknw:

Posted

That reminds me. We had a beloved cat put down when he had terminal cancer. A few days later me and my Mum both at exactly the same time saw as clear as day, the almost ghostly figure of a cat run along the lounge floor. It wasn't one of us setting the other off as we both responded at the same time. I think in all reality it was probably some sort of dust or something blowing across the room that we both interpreted as a cat, being freshly on our minds. Or maybe it was something, I dunno.... :unknw:

Wow! So in this instance you actually saw something! This is interesting, as my experiences have all been sensing a presence or hearing something, but never seeing! It's a bit harder to explain away when you both see the same thing! It could be that you were both thinking of your cat, like you mentioned and an optical illusion was caused by light or whatever, which you both interpreted the same way! But as you say, it could be something else! :shok:

Posted

Nearly sent a ginger tom to spirit world earlier ,fortunately he was a fast mover :)........

8 lives left!

Posted

According to a friend of mine that i just spoke to, she said she did a Ouija Board thingy with her friends and contacted some spirit dude!

Posted

Got some sterling board in garage ,is that any good ?.......

Sterling board whilst drinking gin might help. The results should be the same, you'll come in contact with some spirit dude!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Good Morning everyone.

I do not know if this classifies as a ghostly happening but here goes!

Some two or three years ago I was about to leave home on my commute up to London and I checked the time on my watch to make sure I was not running late and I noticed that my battery powered watch was not working and needed a new battery. It had stopped at two minutes past six or thereabouts. As my wife was going into our market later that day she promised to purchase a new battery for me. I asked her the time and she looked at her watch and she noticed that hers had also stopped at exactly the same time. She then went very pale because she remembered that it was the anniversary of her mother's death some five or so years earlier. She had died alone in her bungalow (She lived over forty miles away and our youngest son had been born only a few weeks earlier and so could not rush over to check on her as we did not have transport at the time) and as we could not contact her the police went round and discovered her body inside. No one knows the exact time she passed away but we thought the coincidences to be all very strange. We had replaced the batteries in our watches at different times and so it could not be a question of them having exactly the same length of life.

What do others think. Is it just a question of remarkable coincidences?

Kind Regards

Dave

Posted

Good Morning everyone.

I do not know if this classifies as a ghostly happening but here goes!

Some two or three years ago I was about to leave home on my commute up to London and I checked the time on my watch to make sure I was not running late and I noticed that my battery powered watch was not working and needed a new battery. It had stopped at two minutes past six or thereabouts. As my wife was going into our market later that day she promised to purchase a new battery for me. I asked her the time and she looked at her watch and she noticed that hers had also stopped at exactly the same time. She then went very pale because she remembered that it was the anniversary of her mother's death some five or so years earlier. She had died alone in her bungalow (She lived over forty miles away and our youngest son had been born only a few weeks earlier and so could not rush over to check on her as we did not have transport at the time) and as we could not contact her the police went round and discovered her body inside. No one knows the exact time she passed away but we thought the coincidences to be all very strange. We had replaced the batteries in our watches at different times and so it could not be a question of them having exactly the same length of life.

What do others think. Is it just a question of remarkable coincidences?

Kind Regards

Dave

Very spooky story! :cold: That is some remarkable coincidence, like you mentioned! :shok: :shok: :shok: When do things cross the line and then can no longer be put down to coincidence? :unknw: :unknw: :unknw:

Edited by lassie23