Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have you turned your heating on yet ?

stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I do hope the weather warms up soon house is cooling off far too early in season. :nea:

16.3c this evening, heating isn't on yet but I have my fleece on this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

Comfortable accepted room temperature is 21-22c, so I don't know how people can sit in their house for extended periods in 17-18c. Not cold, but not exactly warm enough to be fully comfortable. My feet would get a bit chilly sitting in that for too long. 

Posted

Been out on me mo'bike for a good part of the day, wearing jeans, t-shirt and leather jacket. Maybe 15C out, god knows what the wind chill works out to at the ridiculous speeds I attain. But I never once felt even remotely chilly, and returning to the unheated house felt like walking into a sauna. Y'all ought to get out more instead of huddling on the sofa moaning that it's cold - leave that to me when it's too warm!

Posted

Yes,my heatings been on,especially early morning (6am) . I've even brought my electric blanket down which I wrap around me on the couch!

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Open fires going here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

just had a hot shower here and even damp I feel fine, no need for heating yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

Ridiculous temps coming overnight this weekend....heating has been on to take chill out of the house several times already.  I have a feeling some heating will be used this autumn / winter!! :( Didn't need it in Gran Canaria...however I have to say 30c max in early Aug there seems well out of kilter

BFTP

Posted

Spent most of last night wandering around York city centre - in a t-shirt. Never felt cold or even slightly chilly. If 'lagging' isn't required outdoors, heating most certainly isn't required indoors.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

t-shirt in and out still here today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

Anyone not feeling chill in newer houses?  Mine is 1930s and doesn't get hot, so when temps are surpressed as they have without doubt been, it gets pretty cool indoors.  However, once warmed it holds heat well with the double glazing.

BFTP

Posted

Open fire on again here tonight. There is a nip in the air here tonight, Temp 9.4c

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Woodburner going here too. Temp outside already below 9C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

Put it on for the first time last night for about 20 minutes to take a bit of nip out the air. I don't care if some would call me a sissy. I maybe young (22) but all I have to do is listen to my feet to tell me when the temperatures dropping. Last night my feet started getting a little bit chilly, so I put the heating on. I really do detest doing it in August on principle though. This is the first time I can remember the heating being on in August. Most years it's October. 

Hall thermostat is reading 19c (that's with double glazing and PVC doors) which is just a shade below what I'd like. 21c is perfect indoor temperature for me, as it is with most people on average. 19c is hardly cold, but it's enough for you to notice a tad chill if you're sitting around. 

Edited by matty007
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Heating is not on and it is currently 19.5c in our 1950s house, whilst I am sat on the sofa in my t-shirt and jeans.

• Like 1

Posted

There is no Central Heating with thermostats here, Just an open fire and an Arger. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

I put on my fleece for the first time since early May - a sad day! But then we were watching outdoor theatre till midnight so to be expected. Only 17c today here with a howling chilly wind with some sunshine. Still no heating yet and I suspect won't be any until whenever the system is switched on for the winter. But don't need it yet as got one or two windows open still.

• 5 weeks later...
Posted

Just ordered a full tank of oil for the heating as its getting ruddy cold in house and oil in flashing near empty.

Wacked heating on this morning for an hour to take the edge off as it is 15c inside and we get no sun on building now.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Nope still off not needed yet.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

A blast of the fan heater last night, I am ill and feeling the chills, it was just 3c outside though 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Down to single figures last night so windows all closed up until sun warmed it up nicely today. No heating yet, nor has the building had it switched on yet.

Posted

Does the heater in the car count? If so then yes, I've used it for the last two days. The boyfriend is still adamant that the heating in the flat isn't going on until it hits 12 degrees. Up until then, it's thermals all the way.

Posted

Does the heater in the car count? If so then yes, I've used it for the last two days. The boyfriend is still adamant that the heating in the flat isn't going on until it hits 12 degrees. Up until then, it's thermals all the way.

You use thermals in the car rather than have the heating on?!  I use the heating in the car all year round if its chilly.

12 degrees inside or out because its been below 12c all week in the night.

Edited by mullender83

Posted

12 degrees inside, though I'm considering arguing for it to be 14. Also no, I use the heater in my car when it's cold. I have an 03 ford KA, so I don't think it would actually turn on if I didn't use the heater.

Posted

12 degrees inside, though I'm considering arguing for it to be 14. Also no, I use the heater in my car when it's cold. I have an 03 ford KA, so I don't think it would actually turn on if I didn't use the heater.

12 degrees sounds a little unreasonable if you ask me!   we are in cold house and we try to stick to 15c

That is cold and by NHS standards is a risk to your health. :nonono:

Posted

not yet - car temp guage was recording 14.5 degrees here this morning at 6:00am in Portsmouth.  Still comfortable enough to go out in a t-shirt in the morning