Snow?

Have you turned your heating on yet ?

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It might not have done you any harm, but you really could be affecting their health by being so stubborn about it, especially with young ones.   The human body is not designed to be consistently in

I don't know why I bother to be honest, I'm trying to be helpful to you but if you want to be bloody minded about that's up to you. But don't say you weren't warned.   It doesn't hurt to turn off yo

As should everyone. As for pubs - seething cesspits of depravity and debauchery fuelled by an unfathomable desire to attain that state by spending a fortune on something you can make better yourself f

Posted Images

Do people leave their heating on over night. ? Needs to be about -10c for that for me.

No, only ever done that when it dropped to -16c in 2010 :)

So far, still only had the heating on once.  And that was to dry clothes earlier this month..... :D

another reason why i hate this time of year, having the heating on makes my lips crack and dry out for weeks on end , its very unpleasant, might invest in a humidifier , cant wait for spring and to open the windows to let fresh natural air circulate round the house without loosing £££££££  in heating costs

Well the heating is on at work and as happens every year, the thermostat is broken so it's stuck on full. Never been to work in a bikini before!

Ay, caramba!

• Like 1

Never been to work in a bikini before!

Me neither, but some of the guys at our place are so far gone that I wouldn't be surprised if they did. That would be horrible but the birds would be most welcome to. Unlikely right now tho' - the place is like Greenland, so I'm told. I think it's still quite balmy for the time of year.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Well the heating is on at work and as happens every year, the thermostat is broken so it's stuck on full. Never been to work in a bikini before!

I've got mine on tonight, in fact it hasn't been switched off for more than a week at night, since winter ended. During the day it has been warm enough, but not quite bikini weather.............not that I have ever worn one. :nonono:

• Like 2

I've got mine on tonight, in fact it hasn't been switched off for more than a week at night, since winter ended. During the day it has been warm enough, but not quite bikini weather.............not that I have ever worn one. :nonono:

mankini lassie !!!!:0..
  • Like 2

still haven't turned on my heating since I returned last May 2014..not even sure that it works.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm actually sitting here with no shirt on and all the windows open.

Have you made sure you're in your own home? :oops: *Sirens heard in the distance*

I've set fire to my neighbour ,not particularly warming but shure is fun to watch ......

I'm saving mine for guy fawkes night :oops::diablo:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 6

Just got home and the other half has got the heater on,it is 13 deg outside though,that was a short summer!!

No heating yet but 13 deg here too, never known a summer with so many cold day's.

• 3 weeks later...

May be lighting the log-burner late on in the evenings over the next few days, Just to keep the chill off..

Edited by Polar Maritime

my heating is set to come on 0600-2400 every day of the year with a hall temperature of 21C or below. It has triggered off and on for the last few days, usually for about 1 hour or so.

I'm an old un you see so feel the cold not like you young uns!

No way! I point blank refuse to touch the heating until October :D (although I may change that plan if it turns out to be really freezing up here by then!)