Sign in to follow this  
stewfox

Have you turned your heating on yet ?

Getting nippy here after yesterdays cold night and todays low maxima of 14.6. Currently 17.6c here, I'm in my fleece. Shouldn't of left the side door open for the dogs.

Solid brick house here without cavity or insulation, so it looses heat easily. Heating isn't going on until we're in the mid 16c range

Currently 12.0c outside

Getting nippy here after yesterdays cold night and todays low maxima of 14.6. Currently 17.6c here, I'm in my fleece. Shouldn't of left the side door open for the dogs.

Solid brick house here without cavity or insulation, so it looses heat easily. Heating isn't going on until we're in the mid 16c range

Currently 12.0c outside

Gas fire lit here! Not by me, but by the others in the house! :p

Open fire lit here, Just chucked 2 big Hawthorn logs on.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Got my new log burner installed yesterday, and lit it tonight, very cosy, heating will not go on for a while yet

There's a rule in our house that the heating never goes on until November 1st and isn't allowed on after March 31st. I think the only exception to that was in the last week of October 2008 when we were changing our fireplace so couldn't use the fire in the lounge.

Have left the heating on low (temps, times,etc still as per summer).

Though I have noticed that the rads are now coming on in the mornings when the water is being heated.

However after a cold night last night, the misses has put on the double thickness douvee!!

She knows better than to play around with the central heating! If you believe that......

MIA

It is quite chilly, especially upstairs I thought hot air rises :nonono: the heating will remain off we all need to acclimatize to these lower temps, which have not been in abundance.

A day inside due to bad weather here.. Have just lit the open fire, Outside Temp 8.9c inside 16.4c.. Feet up  :D

Edited by Polar Maritime

Gaah, you lot still at it? At 0630 today I was outside on a fork lift truck wearing just jeans and t-shirt (me, not the truck) in horizontal rain. Beautiful and refreshing and a thousand times better than doing the same trick a coupla months back in glaring sun and silly warm temps. Heating?? Pah.

Gaah, you lot still at it? At 0630 today I was outside on a fork lift truck wearing just jeans and t-shirt (me, not the truck) in horizontal rain. Beautiful and refreshing and a thousand times better than doing the same trick a coupla months back in glaring sun and silly warm temps. Heating?? Pah.

The temps are still in double figures after all!

^^^

This doesn't surprise me one bit! :p

Doesn't usually go on until November sometime. I might have it on occasionally before that sporadically.

I did stick the fire on when I got in from work because it was freezing just to warm the house up.

Turned it on for the first time today for about an hour to heat the house up. 

Beginning of the end. All downhill until March/April :( 

Only use the fan heater for a short burst at present, heating on is still a few weeks away yet I hope.

8.8c ouside, 21.2c in living room with the fire lit.

My office dropped down to 18C this morning - it was the first time since Spring that the heating was required but it wasn't working properly.  This meant a lot of unhappy people! It's been in the low-mid 20s inside every day since May though (no air con!), so not bad really considering the first properly cold day wasn't until today.

I find it interesting that people moan more about being cold than hot - personally I prefer being cold to being hot. It's easier to warm up when you're cold (wear extra layers, use a hot water bottle, etc.) than it is to cool down when you're hot (there's only so many layers you can take off!).

Got up early to turn the heating on this morning! The temp just dipped below 4c Brrrrrr, outside of course :)

Edited by Liam J

Im trying to hold out until the end of the month but i doubt my wife will, she will probably want the heating on anyday now as shes starting to complain about the cold.

Ours is on, came on for an hour or so last night.

It was 18-19c in various rooms, but as the thermostat is set to 20c it came on...

Edited by SteveB

8.7 outside. 17 inside. Not on yet, not cold enough.

Finally on after temp downstairs got to 15.1C

getting nippy in the dark hours now here inside, think that unless the ambient temps creep up a bit soon it will be off with the temp fan heater and on with the storage ones (have to decied soon as they take two days to warm up and three to cool down).

Besides, everyone who has their heating on unnecessarily ought to be thoroughly ashamed of themselves - think of the environmental carnage and contribution to global warming for Pete's sake! I'm surprised that NW's climate change contingent haven't given y'all 'what for' by now. First sentence was a joke by the way. The second one wasn't....